Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

WDWDad13

honestly with the cost is took to build RSR and the entire rock structures... I'd rather them spend the money on additional rides/attractions

it's great don't get me wrong... but I'd almost rather have 3-5 great attractions v/s 1 really great one... I know some won't agree

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
honestly with the cost is took to build RSR and the entire rock structures... I'd rather them spend the money on additional rides/attractions

it's great don't get me wrong... but I'd almost rather have 3-5 great attractions v/s 1 really great one... I know some won't agree
I actually agree. DHS needs a bunch of really good attractions to augment the six existing rides, rather than a single blockbuster. I'll take 4 doubles over a single homerun any day of the week.
I am also one of the few who is not crazy about all that rock work. MK is now rock-city; all of clashing hues. Think - Splash, Thunder Mountain, Mermaid, BoG. There has got to be another way to hide ride structure and show buildings.

WDWDad13

But are we getting that? Because it doesn't seem like we are.

maybe not in DHS.... I just hope Disney is smart about their next BIG overhaul in each park. There should be no holding back (relatively speaking) and each park needs a wow addition, whether that be 1 attraction, a land, or combination thereof

Bryner84

I actually agree. DHS needs a bunch of really good attractions to augment the six existing rides, rather than a single blockbuster. I'll take 4 doubles over a single homerun any day of the week.
I am also one of the few who is not crazy about all that rock work. MK is now rock-city; all of clashing hues. Think - Splash, Thunder Mountain, Mermaid, BoG. There has got to be another way to hide ride structure and show buildings.
My least favorite rock work is at the entrance to Tommorowland coming across the bridge. Just kinda odd looking.

More like two very good E-tickets. One has potential to be legendary, the other has to potential to suck wildly.
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner, the Star Wars E-ticket is probably going to be the best ride ever, but the cars ride is most likely going to be an EPIC FAIL! But ya know, we have a Pixar land, why not use it.

maybe not in DHS.... I just hope Disney is smart about their next BIG overhaul in each park. There should be no holding back (relatively speaking) and each park needs a wow addition, whether that be 1 attraction, a land, or combination thereof
I'm always going to look back at New Fantasyland and say " Wow, all that hype for what 3 new attractions, the loss of toontown, and a ridiculously busy dining place.

pheneix

Original Poster
Hahaha. Well, at least one could be legendary.

But is that it? Only 2 rides being added?
I am only aware of two major rides that are of "E-ticket" magnitude that are being developed. There are numerous smaller additions planned, of course.

GLaDOS

I am only aware of two major rides that are of "E-ticket" magnitude that are being developed. There are numerous smaller additions planned, of course.

Cool. I'm hoping for a smaller dark ride here or there...but I'm not holding my breath.

Figments Friend

Not to mention it is an expensive attraction to operate, just the use of gas for the fires alone, and those massive pumps that are 25 years old now and probably due to be replaced.
-
Agree....and these elements would likely not be used if a Cars Land overlay were to happen to CCanyon.

I see it going bye-bye, but if it could somehow be incorporated, more power to em'....

Here are my thoughts on what disney could do to rebuild DHS.

They could take out backlot tour and LMA for Star Wars Land. Add a Jedi training academy, a dark ride, a speeder coaster, and a cantina.

They could move muppets to Hollywood Blvd, then use that space for things like Pixar. My suggestions would be a monsters inc. ride, some good replica of RSR, not just a dark ride, and an incredible a coaster.

Goofyernmost

-
Agree....and these elements would likely not be used if a Cars Land overlay were to happen to CCanyon.

I see it going bye-bye, but if it could somehow be incorporated, more power to em'....
Yea, I hate to see it go. Over the years I've had a fun time letting newbie's get on the tram ahead of me in a very gracious and considerate manner. Then, of course, I would have a bit of a chuckle when the water came pouring down and getting those closest to the left side a bit of a spray. Course I would immediately go from a saint to evil...but what to heck, it was funny.:D One time I did that, the row in front and in back of us heard what was going on and played along. No one said a word. After the water came down and the kids had gotten happily wet, they all started speaking up. Some told me how slick I had done that and thought it was great.

I often wonder due to the years of very little emphasis on the backlot tour, how many people have never seen it or know CC even exists. It was pretty impressive in the beginning, but, an attraction never mentioned much. Most of the emphasis, or I should say what there was of it, was placed on the Back-lot tour. Catastrophe Canyon was meant to be a surprise. Even in the beginning the tour itself, which was much larger then, was a by chance encounter.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Vekoma BoosterBikes are not rider friendly. In the slightest form. Cannot imagine the addition of one those going over well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom