Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

djlaosc

Certainly my concern as well. Though does LMA really take care of a lot of people? Even though it's a large amount of seats, I think it's typically on 2 shows a day.

Muppets and IJ though always seem crowded and run frequently. I would hope that additional attractions have at least some that are high capacity that could help. I kinda hope that the smaller Cars attraction to replace RSR is a higher capacity dark ride which would help with what you are talking about. I would also really like to see some sort of Pixar dark ride of another franchise -- Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Incredibles, etc. -- since so much space is rumored to be used for this.

That said, I would think that an indoor Jedi Training Academy would offer some of the indoor relaxing aspects that you talk about -- and is almost certainly on the docket for this expansion.

If, at the moment...

BEING KEPT (13): Beauty & The Beast-Live on Stage, Disney Junior - Live on Stage!, Fantasmic!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues..., The American Idol Experience, The Great Movie Ride, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, The Magic of Disney Animation, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

BEING REMOVED (5): Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, MuppetVision 3D, Studio Backlot Tour

NEW (3): Cars Dark Ride, Muppet Attraction, Star Wars E-Ticket

Compared to Magic Kingdom (roughly 34 attractions), Disneyland (roughly 54), Disney California Adventure (roughly 34), Disney's Hollywood Studios would need an additional 18 attractions (on top of Cars Dark Ride, Muppet Attraction and Star Wars E-Ticket) or so to get up to 34. At the moment, I just can't see them adding 21 attractions to DHS (although indoor Jedi Training, Monsters Inc. Door Coaster and something Incredibles would be a good start, and I'm guessing there will be some kind of spinner somewhere...).

PeterAlt

Anyone know what the budget for this rumored redo is? I've head between $1 billion and $1.5 billion. If this is true, this would be Disney's response to Uni's $1.5 billion announced investment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone know what the budget for this rumored redo is? I've head between $1 billion and $1.5 billion. If this is true, this would be Disney's response to Uni's $1.5 billion announced investment.
Figures so far are about half your lowest speculative figure.

Uni have only just started btw. But that shouldn't matter. Expansion should be done to make a park great and give guests additional attractions and reasons to return. Not because of what someone else is doing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That may actually mean something except that Rollings has flat out said that she is not doing any more Harry Potter. This Harry Potter franchise is going to have to sustain itself on the books and movies that have already been written in completed. Of course that bothers me because I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but this franchise is going to the wind down because there is no new material that is going to be written or produced it to give it sustainability.

"Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. "[6]

Just sayin' :)

G00fyDad

"Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. "[6]

Many more Star Wars books written regardless. No more Potter books written. Not even being allowed to be done by others.

G00fyDad

False. Rowling has softened her stance in the years since Deathly Hallows was released, and has recently said she could see going back to write in the Wizarding World many times.

You are the very first person I have ever heard say that. Ever. I was truly pi**ed when she stopped writing HP because I love the books so much and hoped that she would reconsider. I have yet to find anything that says that she would even consider it.

Turtle

Looks like once again Disney will removing more than what they are putting back. Both stint shows and muppets eat thru alot of people a day and provide a chance for you to get off your feet in ac or shade. Unless these new rides are giant capacity people eaters they are still gonna have a problem with lack of stuff to do.
but none of the things they're removing anybody cares for! None of the average guest really cares about that Streets of America area. They just want to see Star Tours, Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, and then they're out at 3 pm.

By adding new stuff there (to what was a dead-zone) people will have to spend an extra 3 hours to cover the Star Wars e-ticket, walk around, meet a Star Wars character, eat at the Cantina, go over to Cars Land, walk around, ride Junkyard Jamboree, ride the new Cars e-ticket.

Despite the stunt show and LMA being people eaters, Star Wars and Cars will eat just as many people and probably more on a daily basis (rather than having certain times/shows when everybody flocks there)

lebeau

Many more Star Wars books written regardless. No more Potter books written. Not even being allowed to be done by others.

There was a time when it looked like Star Wars had gone dormant too. Late 80s/early 90s, it looked like Star Wars was drifting into irrelevance. As much money as there is in Harry Potter books, movies and merch, it's just a matter of time before there's new HP content.

Thrill

but none of the things they're removing anybody cares for! None of the average guest really cares about that Streets of America area. They just want to see Star Tours, Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, and then they're out at 3 pm.

By adding new stuff there (to what was a dead-zone) people will have to spend an extra 3 hours to cover the Star Wars e-ticket, walk around, meet a Star Wars character, eat at the Cantina, go over to Cars Land, walk around, ride Junkyard Jamboree, ride the new Cars e-ticket.

Despite the stunt show and LMA being people eaters, Star Wars and Cars will eat just as many people and probably more on a daily basis (rather than having certain times/shows when everybody flocks there)

Actually, I disagree that everything is not cared for. MuppetVision is really good. Hell, the preshow room alone is probably one of the top 5 attractions in that park.

lebeau

but none of the things they're supposedly removing according to unconfirmed rumors which have been floating around for a long, long time anybody cares for! None of the average guest really cares about that Streets of America area. They just want to see Star Tours, Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, and then they're out at 3 pm.

Fixed that for you.

I know we're all hungry for new news and certain people will believe anything that puts more Star Wars in the parks, but why are so many people willing to take this as anything more than the latest flare up of some very old rumors?

Something's probably going to happen. I'll bet a shiny nickel the details are still being worked out.

Animaniac93-98

I'm not very excited by any of these proposals for DHS. Building cheap copies of expansions for other parks? At at the expense of things like Sci-Fi and Muppet Vision?

I love the placemaking of the Blvds (sans hat), ToT, GMR and the exhibits at One Man's Dream, but that's it at this point for me. These ideas and my experiences in visiting UNI, WDSP and DCA have only soured my opinions of DHS even further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom