Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Turtle

Actually, I disagree that everything is not cared for. MuppetVision is really good. Hell, the preshow room alone is probably one of the top 5 attractions in that park.
MUPPET-VISION IS STAYING! A BUNCH OF INSIDERS HAVE REPORTED IT!!! LOL

PeterAlt

Figures so far are about half your lowest speculative figure.

Uni have only just started btw. But that shouldn't matter. Expansion should be done to make a park great and give guests additional attractions and reasons to return. Not because of what someone else is doing.
Yes, I agree, but the idea is to make it more attractive than the compeitition in order to sway guests to stay longer.

PeterAlt

Sources say Muppets is leaving. Sources say Muppets is staying.

This is what happens when people get carried away.

Everyone calm down. This is stupid.
This whole thing is crazy. We're talking rumors and NO REAL INSIDER 411, such as reliable sources we have here such as Lee.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hate to say this but...Source please?

No source, just what I believe. How many times have actors, writers, directors, musicians, etc. said that they would never do X again, only to change their minds as time goes on or when they are properly motivated. It would be foolish to rule out JK doing another book in the HP world, she has even said her self that she hasn't ruled that out.

pheneix

Original Poster
Sources say Muppets is leaving. Sources say Muppets is staying.

This is what happens when people get carried away.

Everyone calm down. This is stupid.

Yes at this point I was hoping a controversial thread like this would "smoke out" some of the fact from fiction surrounding what is going on at DHS. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case.

FrankLapidus

Rowling has become more publicly amenable to future installments in the Harry Potter series:

"Where Harry's story is concerned I am done, now if I had a fabulous idea I would do it. I don't want to go mechanically back into that world and pick up loads of odds and ends, then glue them together and say 'Here we go, we can sell this'. It would make a mockery of what those books mean to me."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/childrens-books-site/2012/sep/26/jk-rowling-next-book-childrens

"It was murder saying goodbye,’’ Rowling told the BBC Wednesday about leaving Harry Potter behind. “Now if I had a fabulous idea that came out of that world — because I loved writing it — I'd do it."

http://www.today.com/id/49177003/ns...iders-return-harry-potter-world/#.Ub4Kipy-2So

She was initially adamant that once the initial seven books were complete that she wouldn't revisit that universe again but her stance hasn't been as strong as that recently. I could see her maybe creating an 'expanded universe' similar to Star Wars where she could take some of the supporting characters in the Potter series and use them as the basis of further stories.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Fixed that for you.

I know we're all hungry for new news and certain people will believe anything that puts more Star Wars in the parks, but why are so many people willing to take this as anything more than the latest flare up of some very old rumors?

Something's probably going to happen. I'll bet a shiny nickel the details are still being worked out.

This is the news and RUMORS section so its pretty appropriate to talk about here. Seems like more than your typical fanboi rumor to me. I'm sure the details are still being worked out and I haven't seen any of the known insiders say anything was final yet, but it seems like there is some consensus that plans now include both Star Wars and Carsland. That could change tomorrow, but until it does its a pretty exciting rumor and that's why so many people are talking about it.

pheneix

Original Poster
As you just mentioned in the other topic, I did mention the theater space as potential SW space.

Regarding Muppets, everyone has taken the fact that WDI is looking at replacing the current attraction (which has been an ongoing discussion for years now) as saying it's getting torn down and the Muppets are out. Not the case. There are various options, as with any redo, including reconfiguring the space and tearing down old buildings that are outdated and not useful for today, or putting in new shows in/retheming existing buildings. Muppets are a popular, current IP, with film and tv properties in production. Most likely, Muppets stay in the existing space with a new show (and Mama Melrose gets Muppetized or incorporated more towards Star Wars next door), or they get moved somewhere else, which is more unlikely. I said Muppets are staying within Studios, but I didn't say they were staying in their current home or attraction. I was more specific when more people started saying Muppets were out completely, which is not the case as of right now, and I don't believe will be the case in the future either.

People should look at it from a cost/benefit perspective. It makes very little sense to get rid of a current IP that's already in the park.

Ah some fact has been separated from the myth after all. Thank you the clarification.

I can tell you that in the context of everything else I had presented to me, Muppets were mentioned rather flippantly as something that could be done away with in favor of Star Wars because SW IP will ring up dramatically higher merch sales than Muppet IP. Especially with Disney seemingly placing an emphasis on recreating actual environments from SW rather than the attractions themselves. If it becomes an either/or proposition regarding keeping existing park real estate vs. expanding outward, Muppets are getting an eviction notice from their current home.

Tho I will concede that after hearing what this proposed "Star Wars" e-ticket is allegedly going to be, that either/or proposition doesn't seem to be a problem.

spacemt354

Chili's
This is the news and RUMORS section so its pretty appropriate to talk about here. Seems like more than your typical fanboi rumor to me. I'm sure the details are still being worked out and I haven't seen any of the known insiders say anything was final yet, but it seems like there is some consensus that plans now include both Star Wars and Carsland. That could change tomorrow, but until it does its a pretty exciting rumor and that's why so many people are talking about it.

I agree. Although it might be rumor at this point and the plans could change any day, I'd much rather talk about plans for Star Wars and Carsland coming to DHS rather than new bathrooms or benches.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ah some fact has been separated from the myth after all. Thank you the clarification.

I can tell you that in the context of everything else I had presented to me, Muppets were mentioned rather flippantly as something that could be done away with in favor of Star Wars because SW IP will ring up dramatically higher merch sales than Muppet IP. Especially with Disney seemingly placing an emphasis on recreating actual environments from SW rather than the attractions themselves. If it becomes an either/or proposition regarding keeping existing park real estate vs. expanding outward, Muppets are getting an eviction notice from their current home.

Tho I will concede that after hearing what this proposed "Star Wars" e-ticket is allegedly going to be, that either/or proposition doesn't seem to be a problem.

Is the proposed E ticket the bike coaster thing or something else?

Also, there was some talk about a new show at Beauty and the Beast theater recently. I know everything we've heard is referenced to the other side of the park, but any word on that happening or not? They are going to need something to keep people busy during construction.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree. Although it might be rumor at this point and the plans could change any day, I'd much rather talk about plans for Star Wars and Carsland coming to DHS rather than new bathrooms or benches.

Don't worry, we'll get to the bathrooms in time. We're only 19 pages in. Unless this rumor gets killed we'll get over 100 pages by D23 ;)

spacemt354

Chili's

Maybe this was said before, but does that mean that the proposed Star Wars e-ticket would take the place of the Indy Stunt show and the area surrounding it? Just curious because I wonder how large this "land" would be. Would it involve Echo Lake as well? Thanks in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom