Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

PhotoDave219

JMO, I suspect Disney will simply follow a similar plan for DHS as was used for DCA: work in the park will be done in stages over a 5 - 6 year period and new/refurbished attractions will open throughout that time. In that scenario, the largest addition (hopefully a Star Wars land) and park re-dedication would be completed at the end of the redo.

I believe Marni shared things are still moving slowly behind the scenes and Articos mentioned something about a good deal of progress should be made with Avatar over the next six months. With the MK hub work nearing completion and Disney Springs wrapping up in 2016, it sounded like more attention could be shifted in the months ahead to DHS.

There again, I may have just misinterpreted some of the insiders' comments.

Nah. I suspect youre on the money. Theyre just draggin their motherlovig feet.

Marlins1

Everybody please stop going to DHS. I skipped it this year. If we all do it the turn style clicks will drop subststancially and maybe we'll finally see some investment back into this park.

;)

I love Tower of Terror. I really enjoy the Indy stunt show, Star Tours and Rock N Roller coaster, but I'm not about to give Disney my money for this park. It's become a major joke and currently my least favorite park in central Florida.

We've got to take a stand...even if its hard to skip on your vacations, do it. We will all be rewarded for it down the road.
Now that I know that the TEA numbers only include the first park of the day I will visit HS for a couple of hours at the end of the night and give the first click to another park. Probably won't do any good but it works out fine for a trip anyway because you can get on TOT without a fast pass pretty easily during Fantasmic. TOT is still a must do on any of our WDW trips.

Kman101

I know this is about Hollywood Studios but I'm looking forward to the day we see an "Epcot makeover" thread. I was at Epcot yesterday and it was just sad. So much potential at both DHS and Epcot.

If they actually took the time, Epcot COULD be a *destination* again. Have Future World become the permanent World's Fair it SHOULD be. Play that up. Play up Walt's connection to the World's Fair. NOT THAT IT WILL EVER HAPPEN but that's why I've wanted them to move Carousel of Progress and Small World there. Tomorrowland movie gave them the perfect narrative to play up for Future World. It's really not that hard. It could be a total relaunch of Future World. But, nope. Nothing gets done because they still make money due to the festivals they have and World Showcase. And Disneyland could have done the same thing with their Tomorrowland. But ... nope. I'm not sure what Magic Kingdom can do with their Tomorrowland. It has the bones to still work (the backhalf after PeopleMover and in the Space Mountain area).

HauntedMansionFLA

I've always thought a theatre in the back of the UK in EPCOT that had 3 or 4 showings of Mary Poppins daily (a 38 minute long theme park version with all the big songs) would be nice.
Mary Poppins could take the place of Beauty and The Beast show at DHS. Great music that children, parents and grandparents would love to hear. Or you could rotate the shows to keep it fresh and not the same old thing. They need to have family entertainment. BUT I want them to go all out with Star Wars Land. The rest of the park needs to be unique also.

Kman101

I always felt the Premiere Theater could have been a rotation of Broadway caliber shows. They could have already run through years of both Mary Poppins and Newsies (and maybe rotate with California Adventure and have Aladdin run in Florida for a while, though I think the locals of Ca. would riot at that -- I'd have it return though). They'd fit perfectly. Have Superstar Theater host The Golden Mickeys (it fits, again, perfectly) and have Theater of the Stars do what they do at Epcot with the American Gardens stage, throw in different music acts and use it for special events like Star Wars (as they're doing now). Or you could switch Premier and Theater of the Stars but that's what I've wanted to see them do.

With The Golden Mickey's you could do away with BaTB and Mermaid stage shows. And in Mermaid's place you could put in the Royal Theater from Disneyland with the comedic retellings of Tangled, Beauty, Frozen ... etc.

But, nope. We get a video screen sing-along.

Kman101

Well, I would hope and think they learned their lesson after New Fantasyland. But we'll see. I think Avatar will be a great land it's just they're not, that we know of, doing anything innovative ride wise. Basically a more plussed version of Soarin' and a hopefully plussed boat ride (a boat that points you towards the action instead of just floating past it). I'm fine with both and not complaining or knocking them but it is what it is. We've heard glimmers of them possibly realizing they need to truly spend on Star Wars so let's hope they do it right ... they can usually do the style right but the substance has been lacking lately.

HauntedMansionFLA

I would love for Disney to spend an absolute fortune giving us an amazing Star Wars land, but we all know that wont happens as the budget will get mysteriously cut for "reasons"
Well, after the Disney Executives visited the new addition of Harry Potter Land, it was said that they were shocked on how good of a themed land they had up the road. And asked for more money for AvatarLand and Star Wars Land. I have no idea if that's true or not. But everyone is impressed with Potter Land ( I've never been to Universal). Hopefully that's the delay in SW Land and something will be announced at D23.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
From what I have read the delay was the first idea wasn't liked and they were told to redo it all again. Now hopefully it wasn't liked because it wasn't a Potter level of theme so they were told to up the game, knowing the way Disney has been atm with money it was far too ambitious and they were told to cut it back.

Thrill Seeker

I always felt the Premiere Theater could have been a rotation of Broadway caliber shows. They could have already run through years of both Mary Poppins and Newsies (and maybe rotate with California Adventure and have Aladdin run in Florida for a while, though I think the locals of Ca. would riot at that -- I'd have it return though). They'd fit perfectly. Have Superstar Theater host The Golden Mickeys (it fits, again, perfectly) and have Theater of the Stars do what they do at Epcot with the American Gardens stage, throw in different music acts and use it for special events like Star Wars (as they're doing now). Or you could switch Premier and Theater of the Stars but that's what I've wanted to see them do.

With The Golden Mickey's you could do away with BaTB and Mermaid stage shows. And in Mermaid's place you could put in the Royal Theater from Disneyland with the comedic retellings of Tangled, Beauty, Frozen ... etc.

But, nope. We get a video screen sing-along.
It's gonna be quite a bit more than that...

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm going to get yelled at for this comment. Go all out for Star Wars land - good. Expand Pixar with new attractions. - good. Last, build a Frozen themed land like they are doing over seas where LMA. Upgrades of boys and girls. Any thoughts?;)

HauntedMansionFLA

I would've loved that but I think the LMA plot makes more sense for Pixar. SoA maybe? Or the land near Sunset Blvd.?
Yep, those areas work. I really don't think Frozen will be going away anytime soon. They have another movie coming out. There was a mini-frozen movie out too. It would be the perfect time for Disney to really give DHS a over the top makeover. Star Wars land, Pixar expansion, and a Frozen land ( do it right ) and this will be a way to boost the attendance by a lot. This, the love going to DAK and Disney Springs will take the pressure off the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

Yep, those areas work. I really don't think Frozen will be going away anytime soon. They have another movie coming out. There was a mini-frozen movie out too. It would be the perfect time for Disney to really give DHS a over the top makeover. Star Wars land, Pixar expansion, and a Frozen land ( do it right ) and this will be a way to boost the attendance by a lot. This, the love going to DAK and Disney Springs will take the pressure off the Magic Kingdom
I don't think Disney Springs would do much but I agree with the rest. This is honestly what their plan should've been from the beginning. Not that mess going on in Norway right now.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom