Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

HauntedMansionFLA

I don't think Disney Springs would do much but I agree with the rest. This is honestly what their plan should've been from the beginning. Not that mess going on in Norway right now.......
I'm sure this was just someone saying this but is the Osborne Lights going down to Disney Springs once it's completely done to drive people down there to shop and eat at night?

Magenta Panther

I know this is about Hollywood Studios but I'm looking forward to the day we see an "Epcot makeover" thread. I was at Epcot yesterday and it was just sad. So much potential at both DHS and Epcot.

If they actually took the time, Epcot COULD be a *destination* again. Have Future World become the permanent World's Fair it SHOULD be. Play that up. Play up Walt's connection to the World's Fair. NOT THAT IT WILL EVER HAPPEN but that's why I've wanted them to move Carousel of Progress and Small World there. Tomorrowland movie gave them the perfect narrative to play up for Future World. It's really not that hard. It could be a total relaunch of Future World. But, nope. Nothing gets done because they still make money due to the festivals they have and World Showcase. And Disneyland could have done the same thing with their Tomorrowland. But ... nope. I'm not sure what Magic Kingdom can do with their Tomorrowland. It has the bones to still work (the backhalf after PeopleMover and in the Space Mountain area).

I sure wish "Tomorrowland" had been a big hit. That might have moved TDO to do something with the land it was derived from. But now... :(

Cesar R M

Now that I know that the TEA numbers only include the first park of the day I will visit HS for a couple of hours at the end of the night and give the first click to another park. Probably won't do any good but it works out fine for a trip anyway because you can get on TOT without a fast pass pretty easily during Fantasmic. TOT is still a must do on any of our WDW trips.
actually makes you wonder..
if TEA counts only the first hit.
how many hits were from DHS that were half day or less visitors (before they move to other parks) ?
Imagine... that from 11 million figure.. then think how only 6 million might have stayed all day and the rest hopped to either Epcot or MK.

Cesar R M

I know this is about Hollywood Studios but I'm looking forward to the day we see an "Epcot makeover" thread. I was at Epcot yesterday and it was just sad. So much potential at both DHS and Epcot.

If they actually took the time, Epcot COULD be a *destination* again. Have Future World become the permanent World's Fair it SHOULD be. Play that up. Play up Walt's connection to the World's Fair. NOT THAT IT WILL EVER HAPPEN but that's why I've wanted them to move Carousel of Progress and Small World there. Tomorrowland movie gave them the perfect narrative to play up for Future World. It's really not that hard. It could be a total relaunch of Future World. But, nope. Nothing gets done because they still make money due to the festivals they have and World Showcase. And Disneyland could have done the same thing with their Tomorrowland. But ... nope. I'm not sure what Magic Kingdom can do with their Tomorrowland. It has the bones to still work (the backhalf after PeopleMover and in the Space Mountain area).
I'm surprised they do not use that space for semipermanent rotating displays, shows or expos.

Imagine a E3 like show for electronictech on the East coast (in Epcot), then a cars/industrial expo (solar panels, generators..cars..etc..), then the flower festival .. then the food and wine.. etc..etc..

Cesar R M

Well, after the Disney Executives visited the new addition of Harry Potter Land, it was said that they were shocked on how good of a themed land they had up the road. And asked for more money for AvatarLand and Star Wars Land. I have no idea if that's true or not. But everyone is impressed with Potter Land ( I've never been to Universal). Hopefully that's the delay in SW Land and something will be announced at D23.
wait what? Were they undercover? lol
I cant imagine them admitting defeat in the "quality" and "immersion" departments publicly.

Mike S

I'm surprised they do not use that space for semipermanent rotating displays, shows or expos.

Imagine a E3 like show for electronictech on the East coast (in Epcot), then a cars/industrial expo (solar panels, generators..cars..etc..), then the flower festival .. then the food and wine.. etc..etc..
Or an inventors competition like in the beginning of Tomorrowland.

AEfx

another M&G with a G. Clooney clone? :hilarious:

Mmmmm...Clooney.

That M&G (even if it was virtual/animatronic) would soon become the hottest attraction at WDW. Ladies would be tossing their kids aside and smothering it with their ample bosoms. And dudes like me - although we'd prefer an after-hours, hard ticket event to see him...

Mike S

Yes, @marni1971 put them up in a thread not too long ago (Maybe the Spirit thread?) - let me see if I can locate it. It was really nice of him - I had them for years and read them so many times but somehow lost them around college time. He happened to know exactly what I was referring to and pulled out his copy and took pics to share. I saved them on my home PC but don't have them right here or I'd repost them myself.
I know I'm replying days later but I believe these are what you're looking for. Knew saving these pics would come in handy one day :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom