Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

matt9112

Not to mention the rides in Epcot that have the capacity but hold almost no interest.

Imagination, Nemo, etc., I'm looking at you.

the former and the latter are such a waste of space....sadly i think the nemo Que is cute. the ride is awful...i guess you can call it a failure when you shoehorn in a toddler friendly attraction that eats up guest but nobody waits in line hahahaha.

matt9112

I was just thinking if they close the whole park, they can do Major construction without affecting guest experience...
and honestly the actual layout of this park is kind of a mess... they could fix that too... The back of the park needs a lot of work, the middle of the park from Echo Lake to Star Tours all needs work... So many different areas could be addressed...

its not as awful as you may think IMO echo lake clearly needs to go (add another sunset style boulevard (not thematically but guest capacity wise) make this your mini hub and then duplicate this branch off at the theater. (major rework of courtyard to the right) and also redo of guest distribution to the left.

matt9112

Communicore, that's two wrongs trying to make a right.:)

realistic issue is if you lock them all in MK wait times would be infuriating. only reason disney adds meet and greets is to
1) add capacity
2) siphon capacity from other parks (IE trade)

the character spot at Epcot is a great example of this.
i dont see anything wrong with it as long as its not intruding into the park thematically.

matt9112

This is nuts. You are correct that if there is a bottom the Studios don't appear to have found it yet, but you can't just keep taking on water without eventually sinking the ship. Closing yet another attraction - a large people-eater at that - in a park which already lacks adequate attractions is simply unbelievable. We are often critical of Disney here - for justifiable reason - but sometimes you just have to shake your head in disbelief.

you need to think of Hollywood studios like a bad part of a city. if it were by itself it would crumble to the ground however it feeds off of the other successful parks. (to a degree Epcot, Animal kingdom and studios all do) the guest count is still a money maker because everyone is here for the magic kingdom but multi day passes and hoppers abound. so just like a city the studios feeds off of the other parks guest wise. in fact this was its intended purpose pre sunset boulevard. a park overflow for the other two parks. even at rock bottom it would likely still make money because it is doing its job....taking you away from MK.

YodaMan

I heard LMA - what's the second one? Lordy Lordy

I know earlier in the thread it was mentioned that LMA and SOA were on their way out. But does SOA count as an "attraction?" What else could they even stand to lose? I know there was that thread about building the flex theatre, so if that's done in time might another one of the theaters be closing this year (Indy, VotLM, BatB)?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I know earlier in the thread it was mentioned that LMA and SOA were on their way out. But does SOA count as an "attraction?" What else could they even stand to lose? I know there was that thread about building the flex theatre, so if that's done in time might another one of the theaters be closing this year (Indy, VotLM, BatB)?
I think the flex theatre is being built to negate the Premiere Theatre in Streets of America, and as far as an attraction for the second to close, that could be either MuppetVision or Honey I Shrunk.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
It does not.

I also don't know if all of SOA will be removed. I just wouldn't expect it all to still be standing.

I don't mind closures in relatively close proximity, if they quickly begin demo / construction. It is frustrating when closures come with no visible additions or work happening. We all know they can't replace or add without a space to work, so walls and closures are a must. But everyone has things they really enjoy and no one wants to see them shuttered and abandoned with nothing new happening.

HauntedMansionFLA

its not as awful as you may think IMO echo lake clearly needs to go (add another sunset style boulevard (not thematically but guest capacity wise) make this your mini hub and then duplicate this branch off at the theater. (major rework of courtyard to the right) and also redo of guest distribution to the left.
SOA is dead real estate other than when the Osborne Holiday Lights are going on for maybe two months. You could a lot with that area. Plus you could relocate Osborne Lights to EPCOT or Disney Springs. And to do with Echo Lake? Could that have some sort of nighttime Star Wars water show?

polynesiangirl

God I hope they figure something out for this property soon. I can never decide if I feel sadder about EPCOT or Studios these days. Both have many things I still like and/or have lots of good memories of/nostalgia for, but man, it's kind of killing me to watch them drag their feet on doing absolutely anything new. I know I'm preaching to the Nerd Choir here (;)), but still.

aladdin2007

I don't mind closures in relatively close proximity, if they quickly begin demo / construction. It is frustrating when closures come with no visible additions or work happening. We all know they can't replace or add without a space to work, so walls and closures are a must. But everyone has things they really enjoy and no one wants to see them shuttered and abandoned with nothing new happening.

agree!! Yet the prices continue to climb. less and less for more money, for now anyway.

matt9112

SOA is dead real estate other than when the Osborne Holiday Lights are going on for maybe two months. You could a lot with that area. Plus you could relocate Osborne Lights to EPCOT or Disney Springs. And to do with Echo Lake? Could that have some sort of nighttime Star Wars water show?

echo lake is tiny and useless....its not even a thematically appealing body of water any attempted reusue would cost money. i would rather see it disappear. people keep talking about using it for a show or have an x wing in there or something and its like no....its way to close to the main gate. in a perfect world i think a small extension of the movie era theme needs to be made this way (two or three shops) to block sight lines behind there. than maybe an archway signaling and end of the classic hollywood.

so turn the area where you walk to 50s prime time into a true street (dead end it) or small ally to let you into (future land or what not) than the main guest flow route (walking by ABC

aladdin2007

echo lake is tiny and useless....its not even a thematically appealing body of water any attempted reusue would cost money. i would rather see it disappear. people keep talking about using it for a show or have an x wing in there or something and its like no....its way to close to the main gate. in a perfect world i think a small extension of the movie era theme needs to be made this way (two or three shops) to block sight lines behind there. than maybe an archway signaling and end of the classic hollywood.

so turn the area where you walk to 50s prime time into a true street (dead end it) or small ally to let you into (future land or what not) than the main guest flow route (walking by ABC

It may be tiny and useless, but its kind of a nice area with the water and trees and space. Not fond of the concrete highway fantasyland has become, would hate to see that happen here too.

articos

It may be tiny and useless, but its kind of a nice area with the water and trees and space. Not fond of the concrete highway fantasyland has become, would hate to see that happen here too.
Just as a matter of course, if we take out water, we try to replace water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom