Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Jwhee

You think all holidays are better? Have you ever been to HHN? What about Mardi Gras? The floats come straight from New Orleans. I would go to Universal Mardi Gras any day over "Mickeys Mardi Party", or what ever the heck they do at the MK.

Matt_Black

You think all holidays are better? Have you ever been to HHN? What about Mardi Gras? The floats come straight from New Orleans. I would go to Universal Mardi Gras any day over "Mickeys Mardi Party", or what ever the heck they do at the MK.

I don't think Mardi Gras can be probably done justice at a family resort, either WDW or Uni. :angelic:

draybook

When it comes down to it, I think I got more for my money at HHN vs MNSSHP!

THIS!!!

We did two MNSSHPs this year as usual and one HHN and the difference was AMAZING. I'll take awesome haunted houses and interaction with the walkers over bags of clearance aisle junk candy and longer than the DMV line on a Friday at 2pm Meet & Greet for some obscure character ANY time.

To me, both brands are equal and they each have experiences that the other doesn't have and I enjoy them in their own ways. I suggest others try to do it that way too. Don't go to one expecting it to be like the other, because it's not.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

HHN is nothing more than a better themed, better production values version of Six Flags Freakfest. If you stop and look close enough, its the same thing every year to be blunt.

Jimmy Thick- 2014, let me guess, The Walking Dead, or maybe Alice Cooper for the 100th time.

Tony Perkis

HHN is nothing more than a better themed, better production values version of Six Flags Freakfest. If you stop and look close enough, its the same thing every year to be blunt.

Jimmy Thick- 2014, let me guess, The Walking Dead, or maybe Alice Cooper for the 100th time.
MNSSHP is a more expensive version of the average trick-or-treat trek found in every neighborhood.

Universal is the premiere Halloween vacation spot in the theme park industry. Disney's offering is, you know, for little kids.

Disneyhead'71

MNSSHP is a more expensive version of the average trick-or-treat trek found in every neighborhood.

Universal is the premiere Halloween vacation spot in the theme park industry. Disney's offering is, you know, for little kids.
MNSSHP is not just for little kids!!!!! It also appeals to arrested development men and large women who deep down believe they are Princesses (free chocolate is also an attraction for them).

Tony Perkis

MNSSHP is not just for little kids!!!!! I also appeals to arrested development men and large women who deep down believe they are Princesses (free chocolate is also an attraction).

tumblr_lwhmv3rtwt1qi696mo1_500.png

PrincessNelly_NJ

And what exactly is MNSSHP? Candy and parades? I can buy my own candy and watch parades at MK anytime. You must have a serious case of tunnel vision if you think Uni doesn't lead Disney at certain things.

SuperDad82

I had always loved Disney much better. It allows me to reminisce on my childhood. Plus you can always, and I mean ALWAYS, find more discounts online; went twice in the past year with my lovely kids and got two tickets for free! :) But don't get me wrong, universal is awesome too, but only if you are into the special effects. This is just my opinion, yours may vary. Have a great day!

JerseyDad

One of the very, VERY best reason's Disney and their theme parks are better than every other amusement parks in the world is quite frankly right now.

Christmas time.

No one does the Christmas holiday, or any holiday, like Disney. Sometimes you have to wonder if the holidays were created just so Disney can do them proper justice. No other comes close to Disney in this regard, and most are laughable by comparison.

Jimmy Thick- Epcot, best when it comes to the holidays.

....is that why they have apparently whittled down the Candlelight Processional "show" by deleting a few of the more revered numbers?

Skip

Your ignorance is showing. They did Alice Cooper once, Walking Dead twice - but the house was completely different (new location, sets, characters, special effects).

This is coming from the guy who seriously laments the direction HHN has taken the past two years - it's still miles ahead of MNSSHP.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I had always loved Disney much better. It allows me to reminisce on my childhood. Plus you can always, and I mean ALWAYS, find more discounts online; went twice in the past year with my lovely kids and got two tickets for free! :) But don't get me wrong, universal is awesome too, but only if you are into the special effects. This is just my opinion, yours may vary. Have a great day!

Special Effects? Not trying to knock you or anything but that is like saying "Disney is awesome too, but only if you are into animatronics." :confused:

Disneyhead'71

Everyone here knows that at this point in time I prefer UOR over WDW. But I know where to find the hidden gems. I love the state of the art attractions they are serving up, but UOR is so much more than rides. I enjoy having a cheese board and a bottle of red sitting harbor side at Portofino. I love throwing on a jacket and slacks for a top shelf steak at The Palm@HRH. Just this past Sat. I pushed my 80 year old mother around UOR in a wheelchair for her first visit since USF was all there was. She rode Potter, Spidey, and Transformers (that's all we rode). We caught The Grinch That Stole Christmas show@Grinchmas: The Hoo-liday Spectacular. We lunched at Emeril's Orlando between parks. We caught the Blues Bros. Christmas Show, Macy's Holiday Parade, Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas Concert and closed out our parks day with Universal Cinematic Spectacular. Afterwards, while waiting for the garages to empty out Mom had her first ever Margarita from Margaritaville while watching the kiddies do The Cupid Shuffle at the CityWalk Dance party. She had a memorable day. This is the woman that has been going to WDW since my 8th Birthday in Dec. 1971. She was blown away with the quality of the product Universal is producing.

It's not Disney and for that, I am thankful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom