Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just need to say this. I very seldom agree with Jimmy Thick, but he has as much of a right to express his opinion as anyone else on this site (accept Mom, of course).

The calling for a thread to be closed because YOU don't agree with the persons stand is just unbelievable. Even the cowardice of putting people on ignore because your sensitivities cannot handle having someone disagree with YOU is beyond any reasonable comprehension. Ignore can be done without pushing a button, all you have to do is be strong enough to "ignore" it on your own.

There is nothing wrong with a (I hate to use this word, WDW1974 has ruined it for me) spirited discussion of pro's and con's that might make you pause and wonder if your vision is correct or not, but it certainly shouldn't be offensive or in need of a call for burial. Please if you don't want to be part of this or any discussion, without attempting to be massively superior to everyone else, then just move to the next thread. Your contributing your displeasure on the fact that something is posted instead of having a logical response, without insult, to the content is really not much of a contribution. It's like screaming out loud...I MUST HAVE MY WAY!

Truly well said @Goofyernmost , I'm noted for having strong opinions both here and the RealWorld(tm), But debate with strong supporters on BOTH sides of the argument expands one's horizons and upon hearing the other side I have frequently found I have been WRONG, But without the debate I never would have learned that.

The people who I truly despise are those who want to make sure that everyone agrees with their view or they need to be silenced - this attitude has given rise to the greatest horrors in human history.

@Jimmy Thick brings his unwavering love for things Disney in his own unique fashion and I salute him for not backing down in the face of opposition.

Tony Perkis

Another reason WDW is better than other amusement parks, the Walt Disney Company.

Out of all everyone in the world of theme parks/amusement parks, Disney is by far the best set for long term success, meaning WDW isn't going anywhere 5, 10, 50 years from now. I don't think anyone else can honestly say that with a straight face to their stockholders.

Jimmy Thick- Billions is IP purchases equals unequaled long term security.
You want to play that game? The Walt Disney Company owns and operates ESPN, which has exclusivity rights with the BCS and primary television rights with the SEC and the Texas Longhorns. In short, the Walt Disney Company supports the most corrupt and susceptible conflict-of-interest systems in all of college and professional sports.

Thank god for TWDC!

The Empress Lilly

Truly well said @Goofyernmost , I'm noted for having strong opinions both here and the RealWorld(tm), But debate with strong supporters on BOTH sides of the argument expands one's horizons and upon hearing the other side I have frequently found I have been WRONG, But without the debate I never would have learned that.

The people who I truly despise are those who want to make sure that everyone agrees with their view or they need to be silenced - this attitude has given rise to the greatest horrors in human history.

@Jimmy Thick brings his unwavering love for things Disney in his own unique fashion and I salute him for not backing down in the face of opposition.
Now that vies with Goofy's quoted post for best thing ever written here.

Goofyernmost

You are 100% correct. I've been trying and I've been getting better, but I'm still a sucker for the bait trolls set.
There is a good reason for that. One persons troll is another persons launching point. First off, I don't think I could even identify a troll without others automatically jumping in and calling them that. I only see people with differing opinions and I may decide to argue the point or just let it go. Showing the logical reasoning that really wouldn't exist in a trolling situation, will end it quickly. Everyone getting all hyper and upset about it and then demanding that it be removed is actually what is feeding the troll. A well thought out and logical dissenting argument will kill it. Then the next step is just recognizing when it just doesn't stop. Once picky and non-important crap starts to show up, then you just walk away. I always am tempted to post, in response, the following. "Just want you to know that I am not mechanically ignoring you." And just leave it at that...but that would probably just start more, so I just stop responding.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
You want to play that game? The Walt Disney Company owns and operates ESPN, which has exclusivity rights with the BCS and primary television rights with the SEC and the Texas Longhorns. In short, the Walt Disney Company supports the most corrupt and susceptible conflict-of-interest systems in all of college and professional sports.

Thank god for TWDC!

The BCS and your opinion of it supposed corruptness has absolutely nothing to do with WDW or the Walt Disney Company.

Or this thread for that matter.

Jimmy Thick- * Looks at thread title, and scratches head...*

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
One of the very, VERY best reason's Disney and their theme parks are better than every other amusement parks in the world is quite frankly right now.

Christmas time.

No one does the Christmas holiday, or any holiday, like Disney. Sometimes you have to wonder if the holidays were created just so Disney can do them proper justice. No other comes close to Disney in this regard, and most are laughable by comparison.

Jimmy Thick- Epcot, best when it comes to the holidays.

BryceM

One of the very, VERY best reason's Disney and their theme parks are better than every other amusement parks in the world is quite frankly right now.

Christmas time.

No one does the Christmas holiday, or any holiday, like Disney. Sometimes you have to wonder if the holidays were created just so Disney can do them proper justice. No other comes close to Disney in this regard, and most are laughable by comparison.

Rumor has it that SeaWorld has some amazing Christmas offerings. Never been for that, but I heard they do a great job.

Goofyernmost

Christmas time.

You should see Dollywood at Christmas time. Nuff said!

Bairstow

You should see Dollywood at Christmas time. Nuff said!

Got to do that last year. It's pretty awesome.
Not to open a can of worms or anything, but it really makes a difference when a theme park that isn't afraid to show religious imagery celebrates an ostensibly religious holiday. It's not that I'm saying that Disney is a corporate entity only out to make money and Dollywood isn't, but when those folks decorate for Christmas there's just something endearing and genuine about it.
Also, riding Tennessee Tornado right before closing in subfreezing temperatures in near-total darkness was sublime. Easily in my top ten rides ever, and I don't even like that coaster.

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

...and for the record I will never know how "awesome" WDW is for Christmas as I refuse to pay extra to stay in a park that I already paid full price to gain access to in the first place just for some extra ambiance and hot chocolate. Asking guests to leave early because there are others willing to fork over yet more money to stay is just double dipping way too much IMO. Regardless of how wonderful it is I feel that for the price of admission (which is none to cheap these days) all guests should get to enjoy it. Just my personal feelings though so nobody really need agree with me for me to still feel this way.

Yes, yes I know free enterprise, extra parades and less lines and all that advertising gibberish but it all feels too aristocratic and indulgent above and beyond what the trip already costs and there are times I feel badly about going when I know there are those that may never be able to afford to go at all.

Epcot-Rules

I agree with you about paying twice. I have never understood the hard ticket events. Well I do understand them, it boils down to corporate greed. Disney is not the only one who does it so I'm not picking on them alone. We have a local or county Fair. You pay for an arm band so you can ride all the rides, then low and behold, they keep adding rides that you have to pay cash to ride. It's not included in arm band price!!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
...and for the record I will never know how "awesome" WDW is for Christmas as I refuse to pay extra to stay in a park that I already paid full price to gain access to in the first place just for some extra ambiance and hot chocolate. Asking guests to leave early because there are others willing to fork over yet more money to stay is just double dipping way too much IMO. Regardless of how wonderful it is I feel that for the price of admission (which is none to cheap these days) all guests should get to enjoy it. Just my personal feelings though so nobody really need agree with me for me to still feel this way.

Yes, yes I know free enterprise, extra parades and less lines and all that advertising gibberish but it all feels too aristocratic and indulgent above and beyond what the trip already costs and there are times I feel badly about going when I know there are those that may never be able to afford to go at all.

I'm in the same boat. I'll pay extra for HHN, but that features a lot of additions. You'll notice that Uni doesn't charge for their Christmas or Mardi Gras events. They know that it's not realistically worth it to guests.

copcarguyp71

Never been to Uni so I am not even in the know on any of that. All I know is that the pixie dust is wearing off and the man behind the curtain is becoming more and more visible every time we go...which is why we are not even considering another trip until 2017.

Epcot-Rules

I'm in the same boat. I'll pay extra for HHN, but that features a lot of additions. You'll notice that Uni doesn't charge for their Christmas or Mardi Gras events. They know that it's not realistically worth it to guests.
Yep, I had a hard time shelling out the cash for HHN this year, that's why I stated that it's not just WDW. When it comes down to it, I think I got more for my money at HHN vs MNSSHP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom