Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Disneyhead'71

Long shot, @Disneyhead'71 , but were you watching from right next to the gate where the parade starts and ends?
No, I placed Mom front row in front of the Twister gift shop for The Macy's Holiday Parade. She is a huge Mannheim Steamroller fan. So I staged her at the Twister exit shop so after the parade, I could quickly get her a great view for the concert. Then I boogied her to a front row seat for Cinematic Spectacular.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
No, I placed Mom front row in front of the Twister gift shop for The Macy's Holiday Parade. She is a huge Mannheim Steamroller fan. So I staged her at the Twister exit shop so after the parade, I could quickly get her a great view for the concert. Then I boogied her to a front row seat for Cinematic Spectacular.
I hope my kids are someday that good to me. I also hope I can ride those rides when I'm 80...

erasure fan1

...Disney has been ...for the most part ...living off of a reputation that has preceded them for quite some time. The first timer guest will still be wowed at Disneyworld ....because there is a lot that's wow-worthy. But the longtime Disney patron has seen the steady downward spiral and stagnation when they compare it to Universal.
This really sums up my feelings.

The things Uni has done and are doing, makes this longtime Disney guy want to go spend some time there and check it out. I have a strange feeling that I am not alone in that sentiment.

RoyWalley

images

luv

I posted this in the Uni section, but they are now sending emails so you can book at Cabana Bay Resort...and running some kind of "suite for the cost of a room" deal. You can officially book it now, too. :)

Watch your emails.

I can't wait to check it out! :)

Sorry, Jimmy, there's a new, moderately priced CBR in town. With suites, including kitchenettes. And you get into the parks an extra hour early. Pools, restaurants, bowling...<queue the Jaws music>

Da....dom.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The things Uni has done and are doing, makes this longtime Disney guy want to go spend some time there and check it out. I have a strange feeling that I am not alone in that sentiment.

That was me once. You'll go, and you'll notice a number of ways that Disney is better and a number of ways that Uni is better. Then make up your own mind.
I've been converted to a Uni fanboy, but, if your priority is calm rides or pure nostalgia, Disney may be your cup of tea after all.
But definitely give Uni a fair try.

Fairybuzz

I've always put it in a tier system like

Tier 1: Disney
Tier 2: Universal
Tier 3: Busch Gardens
Tier 4: The former Paramont parks, Hershey Chocolate World
Tier 5: Six Flags
Tier 6: Cedar fair, The Rest Of Hershey Park
Tier 7: local amusement parks, old dark houses, coney island

Universal does great in some areas but its not...pardon the pun...universally the same. Areas like Harry Potter are very very well done, while the marval area to me still looks like DC Land in Six Flags. A bunch of tiny sky scrapers, clashing color schemes, and you can see easily behind the facades. But........... It is getting really really close. I'd say just lose the flat screen effects on that last picture in Sonoma's post. Its really easy to tell that its out of place

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I've always put it in a tier system like

Tier 1: Disney
Tier 2: Universal
Tier 3: Busch Gardens
Tier 4: The former Paramont parks, Hershey Chocolate World
Tier 5: Six Flags
Tier 6: Cedar fair, The Rest Of Hershey Park
Tier 7: local amusement parks, old dark houses, coney island

Universal does great in some areas but its not...pardon the pun...universally the same. Areas like Harry Potter are very very well done, while the marval area to me still looks like DC Land in Six Flags. A bunch of tiny sky scrapers, clashing color schemes, and you can see easily behind the facades. But........... It is getting really really close. I'd say just lose the flat screen effects on that last picture in Sonoma's post. Its really easy to tell that its out of place

I like your tier system, but personally I would lump IoA together with tier 5, as the similarities are just too outstanding to differentiate between the two.

Jimmy Thick- No SeaWorld?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

Mummy is a fantastic ride, my favorite at both Universal parks by far.

Only when all the animatronics are working all the time of course. This ride and Jurassic Park are the worst with broken show elements. I even rode Mummy and the room did not start on fire. I went back later in the day, and the room still was not firing up. Do you believe that? That's like the showstopping element and it didn't work, it didn't work the whole day. Take that out and the ride is rather ho-hum if you ask me, but last time I went thank goodness the room was firing up.

I almost had to write a declining by degrees article for Universal, really now.

Jimmy Thick- Mummy can be bad with show elements not working, but Jurassic Park is by far the worst offender.

Tony Perkis

Only when all the animatronics are working all the time of course. This ride and Jurassic Park are the worst with broken show elements. I even rode Mummy and the room did not start on fire. I went back later in the day, and the room still was not firing up. Do you believe that? That's like the showstopping element and it didn't work, it didn't work the whole day. Take that out and the ride is rather ho-hum if you ask me, but last time I went thank goodness the room was firing up.

Jimmy Thick- Mummy can be bad with show elements not working, but Jurassic Park is by far the worst offender.

Expedition-Everest-Yeti-783404.jpg

Disneyhead'71

In late 2007 I rode WDW's big themed coaster attraction and the big show stopping element wasn't working. I went back later.....6 years later and it still wasn't working.

draybook

My advice to those of you who are like me and enjoy both brands is this; simply put Jimmy on ignore. I don't usually use the feature on this or any other website, but it's worked wonders. Threads are much more enjoyable and you don't have to deal with the 3rd grade trouble making that seems to stem from his anti-Universal ways. Feel free to pm me if you see him post anything but Universal hate though, I'd be glad to give it a read.

Last edited:

Pocahontas

An opinion is nothing without support. Care to elaborate?
I mean, it's honestly just from personal experience. I've always had better service, better food, better times at Disney. I think Disney is much more beautiful. Universal is cool, but doesn't have a nostalgic feel. It just doesn't excite me like Disney does.

Not to mention Disney has a rich background of hard work and pure innovation. Disney was the first of its kind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom