Why Disney is better than Universal and other amusement parks...

Jim Chandler

Hey everyone, look!

Magic! Magic everywhere!

http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/strollertag.gif

Immersion!

26-Disneyland-11.jpg

Wonder!

strollers3.jpg

Just like Walt Disney would imagine it!

strollers.jpg

It's just like I'm there!

parking-for-strollers-9430.jpg

OK first off, all the pics are pretty much where there are 5 major attractions for children.
One is by IIASW, MP, carrousel and three other kid rides. One is outside PoC, Tiki Room, Alladin ride.
You would not see this outside splash mtn or Big thunder mtn, SM, even BL and Stitch or Comedy show.
You also se none of the strollers like in the pics at AK, DHS or Epcot. MK yes because it is where THE KIDS are.

WDWoptmist

I dont think I can explain why Disney is better...it just is (atleast to me). There is something about being on Disney property that puts me all of my real world problems behind that doesnt happen anywhere else. The attention to detail blows me away, and I don't just mean on rides or even in the parks. Wish I could explain what it is about Disney that I love, but maybe thats why I love it so much lol Ive been pixie dusted for sure :)))

Tony Perkis

OK first off, all the pics are pretty much where there are 5 major attractions for children.
One is by IIASW, MP, carrousel and three other kid rides. One is outside PoC, Tiki Room, Alladin ride.
You would not see this outside splash mtn or Big thunder mtn, SM, even BL and Stitch or Comedy show.
You also se none of the strollers like in the pics at AK, DHS or Epcot. MK yes because it is where THE KIDS are.

That doesn't excuse the oversized strollers Disney rents out that take up ungodly amounts of space on walkways.

Runmyhorse

You also se none of the strollers like in the pics at AK, DHS or Epcot. MK yes because it is where THE KIDS are.[/quote]
Actually you do see this outside stitch and bug thunder. When we was there in sept. Strollers were every where. It was like a Maze to get through. Though that is a part if disney so I try to over look it until they have strollers with only a small walk way for going and oncoming walkers.

Jim Chandler

That doesn't excuse the oversized strollers Disney rents out that take up ungodly amounts of space on walkways.
It is called safety. They are using the stroller tat their lawyers and safety people are saying are the ones least likely to cause law suits due to guest stupidity.
BTW my comment was in regards to the pics showing the qty of strollers and how the "worst" pic showing soooo many strollers was right where all the stroller kids are.

BuddyThomas

Provide any of these "so-called" pro Universal facts that are not based upon opinion or personal preference please.

Jimmy Thick- Funny thing about facts...
These facts have been provided to you already on your thirteen million threads of the exact same subject. My question is why do you care? What difference does it make to your life, personally, if people actually like Universal? Are you a Disney shareholder? Sheesh. Both resorts can and do exist peacefully together. Why can't you?

These facts have been provided to you already on your thirteen million threads of the exact same subject. My question is why do you care? What difference does it make to your life, personally, if people actually like Universal? Are you a Disney shareholder? Sheesh. Both resorts can and do exist peacefully together. Why can't you?
This x 2.

I do not understand a full on love or hate of any company to the degree exhibited here.

copcarguyp71

This x 2.

I do not understand a full on love or hate of any company to the degree exhibited here.

Agree. I also do not understand the frothing hatred that develops because someones opinion differs from your own. Out of curiousity I looked back last night and on six pages of posts in "general discussion" there were six locked threads due to argumentative nastiness ...I do not remember seeing that a year ago so something is going on either with the moves that disney is making evoking a lot of emotion (that we need to step back from) or with the membership here on the boards but whatever the reason it is it seems vehemently polarizing and I just do not understand why everyone gets so nasty with each other over varying points of view....take a deep breath folks, it's a theme park not international political policy.

Goofyernmost

Agree. I also do not understand the frothing hatred that develops because someones opinion differs from your own. Out of curiousity I looked back last night and on six pages of posts in "general discussion" there were six locked threads due to argumentative nastiness ...I do not remember seeing that a year ago so something is going on either with the moves that disney is making evoking a lot of emotion (that we need to step back from) or with the membership here on the boards but whatever the reason it is it seems vehemently polarizing and I just do not understand why everyone gets so nasty with each other over varying points of view....take a deep breath folks, it's a theme park not international political policy.
It comes from frustration. The perception that Disney is totally stagnant while the much maligned Universal is expanding and upgrading it's venue. Fear, is a terrible thing to try and deal with. If you try to defend Disney, you are attacked by those that are too cool to accept life the way it is, but powerless to do anything about it. What can they do...argue with faceless people using some realistic and then some with very flawed logic. Same thing happens in reverse. Without Disney doing one of two things, either explaining why they are stagnant for the most part to the fans or actually doing something it is hard to defend so nastiness happens to defend the indefensible. Peoples is so funny!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have no problem with those on this site that love Universal other than the consent need to tell me that everything that Disney is doing is wrong. A lot of the things that Disney is doing now is what the public wants when coming to the park. I hear so much negative about the meet and greets that are being open everywhere. Would I spend the time in line to go to a meet and great for myself; no way. Still as a grand father of two great kids, I stand in line so they can meet "fill in the blank". The new roller coaster being built in the Magic Kingdom is what is needed at Disney to fill the gap between toddlers and Space Mountain. The problem with strollers is that the Magic Kingdom is that this park is popular with families with small kids. I am sure this is a problem any park would love to have.

I am on the other hand I am not one to say Walt Disney World does not have its problems. Disney has not spent as much money as it should have on keeping up the parks at Walt Disney World. Still if you look at the number attractions being closed now for renovation, I hope this is a sign of things turning around. I am also looking forward to Disney Springs, night time shows at Animal Kingdom, Avatar and I think more to come.

Mr_Incredible

The difference for me is that Disney World is a destination that I plan my vacation around because of the environment and the amount that there is to do. I don't ever see myself planing an entire week long trip around going to Universal.
I normally didnt either, but I just got back from a Saturday - Saturday trip at Universal and it was the time of my life.

JerseyDad

...the argument can go back n forth forever ...because the loyalists will each plant their flag on top of their favorite mountain and defend it to the death.

...the reality is that Disney has been a 'brand' longer ...with regards to the theme park / resort vacation destination sector. THAT is the problem that the Disney loyalists don't factor into the equation (and, to be honest I'm one, or was one to some extent).

...Disney has been ...for the most part ...living off of a reputation that has preceded them for quite some time. The first timer guest will still be wowed at Disneyworld ....because there is a lot that's wow-worthy. But the longtime Disney patron has seen the steady downward spiral and stagnation when they compare it to Universal.

....I like aspects of DtD .....and some things I don't care for quite as much. There are places in CityWalk that I love ...and things that don't do a thing for me at all. The same holds true to both camps theme / amusement parks.

....what I do see as being a fresh-attractant is the way Universal seems to be on a constant forward march to innovate / re-fresh / re-build, whereas ...WDW ...has been sitting atop their laurels "because they can" ...or so they think. I don't see the whole blind loyalty thing continuing for much longer. People are weighing their bang for the buck factor with much greater importance when it comes to vacation expenditures, and unless WDW realizes that shopping and dining are not the prime goals of it's guests ...they are going to start to feel it in the cash box.

draybook

A lot of the things that Disney is doing now is what the public wants when coming to the park.

I have to respectfully disagree. Nobody that I know that visits WDW, including myself, has ever said, "man, I wish they would make interactive queues, wristbands with your information on them, or Avatarland".

That being said, I just want to make sure that my stance is known. I am an equal opportunist visitor. I enjoy both brands equally. Truth be told, WDW gives me a different feeling when we get on property. Now since UOR doesn't have the luxury of space like WDW does, we can't say that UOR wouldn't be able to give that same feeling. However, if I had to choose ONE park to visit between all of the brands in the Orlando area, Epcot would be it.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Another reason WDW is better than other amusement parks, the Walt Disney Company.

Out of all everyone in the world of theme parks/amusement parks, Disney is by far the best set for long term success, meaning WDW isn't going anywhere 5, 10, 50 years from now. I don't think anyone else can honestly say that with a straight face to their stockholders.

Jimmy Thick- Billions is IP purchases equals unequaled long term security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom