Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

LisaBelle

Thanks for all your sweet comments, @LisaBelle :happy:.

Undoubtedly there will be BBB in my future...managed to escape it with the daughter, but granddaughter? NO WAY! This precious baby is already causing a buying frenzy and she isn't even here yet!

Em and I have an ADR for Mama's on the 25th, and I foresee another steak in my future (sorry! :hungry:) We have already packed our new Minnie tops to take with us.

Definitely plan a visit to the Boardwalk on your next trip ~ heck, take in the entire area around Crescent Lake, it's a fun walk!

You just *might* see more Poly pics in my next TR (assuming I can ever finish this one!)

And because you mentioned kitten Kona, I felt another adorable photo was warranted ~
View attachment 151721
Grand parents are awesome. I love all the things they've done for my kiddos. Enjoy spoiling this precious girl and all future grand babies.
I will of course be following along and drooling over the steak photos in your next TR :hungry:.
The Boardwalk area always looks beautiful. Definitely want to check it all out.
Ahhhh, the Poly. I will gaze longingly.
Kona is so cute!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am a Pup person. So not a kitty lover. I WANT THAT KITTY. Who couldn't fall in love with Kona? *heart melts*
What is it about the Studio's that the drainage can never take the rain? While once by Test Track and once nearing Mexico we had encountered flooding depths I can't even count how many times we've been trapped by the flooding streets of the Studios. It isn't just in one troubled spot, everywhere. :cyclops:
Poor Woody. Did you buy him a shirt?
Kona is a sweetie, but don't let that innocent sleeping fool you...he's a get-into-everything, attacker of poor Poly!

Agree about the flooding issues at DHS!

Woody's shirt dried quickly ~ it was the wet socks and sneakers he'd have eagerly replaced. :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Grand parents are awesome. I love all the things they've done for my kiddos. Enjoy spoiling this precious girl and all future grand babies.
I will of course be following along and drooling over the steak photos in your next TR :hungry:.
The Boardwalk area always looks beautiful. Definitely want to check it all out.
Ahhhh, the Poly. I will gaze longingly.
Kona is so cute!!!
:happy: :inlove:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So how did you do on the challenge? @LadyBelle did well with getting 5 of the 8 Presidents (hint: P). We helped the other table obtain all 8 names and they helped us with 2 movie titles. We had over 20, but our server disqualified a couple so we ended up with 19. It was a fun way to pass the time!

Then our food arrived. Fried chicken for Em and me ~
image.jpeg

Meatloaf for Woody
image.jpeg

It's all about comfort food at 50s Prime Time! Speaking of comfort, I don't know how Woody or Em could have been comfortable after finishing most of this ~

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake a la mode
image.jpeg

This baby was HUGE!! And they each ordered one :eek:. Both love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate and said this cake was out of this world!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had FPs for Toy Story after dinner. That's right, I was able to get 3 same-day fastpasses for Toy Story! :jawdrop: It was still raining when we left the restaurant and made our way to Pixar Place. Woody agreed to ride by himself and he did not have to sit with a stranger. (Seems the know-it-all lady who insisted she had to sit with me on our spring break vacation was wrong!! Solo guests are allowed!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guess who was Player 1? :D

Since I did not have any dessert at dinner, I requested a visit to Sweet Spells. I had seen pictures on the Disney Food Blog of three new Whoopee Pie offerings and I wanted to see them for myself. I bought one and asked for it to be boxed to eat later.

Our last FP was for Tower of Terror, which we don't normally get to ride in the dark. However, we still had over an hour to wait and though the rain had temporarily stopped, it was still thundering (with some lightning). We decided to head for the bus before the next storm rolled in (Woody was ready for some dry feet!)

I could hardly wait to sample my Cookies and Cream Whoopee Pie once we were back in the lounge.
image.jpeg

Looks yummy, right? I figured it had to be similar to the Master's Cupcake at BOG (which I really enjoy.)

It wasn't.

Unlike the light whipped topping used in the "grey stuff", this was a heavy buttercream frosting. With dry cake. It was a deja vu of my Sprinkles experience! After a couple forkfuls, I threw it in the trash.:depressed:

We missed out on Wishes again due to the weather. Would we get to see it on our last night?

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I admit @Tuvalu I used my Walkie-Talkie :D this afternoon because I had to know - Polk, Tyler, and Pierce. I'm currently reading the Hamilton biography (and would desperately like to see the Broadway show), so the first few Presidents kept hopping into my brain.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, June 11

Hey boys and girls, do you know what day it is?

image.jpeg

We began with breakfast in the lounge then rode the monorail to the MK. Believe it or not @MinnieM123, we actually arrived in time to watch Scoop Sanderson welcome us! (Of course I prefer the Mayor, but I'll take what I can get!)

image.jpeg

"Good morning, good morning to you!"

Years ago we always made Frontierland our first destination. Our boys were big Splash/Big Thunder fans. So this morning we went "old school" and headed there first. Not too many others did as you can tell by the pictures!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We were some of the first ones on Big Thunder Mountain. For whatever reason, the CM only filled the back half of the train. No complaints here ~ riding in the back is the BEST! :happy:

image.jpeg

And it gets even better! When our train arrived back at the loading area, a CM announced over the loudspeaker that those seated in the rear could ride again. A second wild ride? Yes, please!! (Rode it for you, @Longers ;).)

There was no wait for Splash Mountain so Em and I entered the queue. (Woody had gotten wet enough last night so he opted out. :joyfull:) We sat in row 4 and did not get splashed at all....though we wouldn't have minded, since it was a very warm morning!

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our first FP was now valid. Standby wait was already 90 minutes...guess we know where everyone went after the park opened!

image.jpeg

We sometimes forget about Philharmagic. We like to save it for times when the park is really crowded, since the wait is usually just a wait for the next show to start. The downside to "saving it" is realizing on the way home that we never saw it! :facepalm:

Today we remembered ~ but forgot to take a picture! (It's safe to say that Donald caused chaos and ended up in a hole in the wall. :D)

Then it was a quick walk to Small World and a surprisingly long line. As you will soon notice, it wasn't a capacity issue but a boat issue...

image.jpeg

We got stopped here.
image.jpeg

And this was the line behind us!
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dory must have invited all her friends to the MK today as it was busier than it had been all week. We had to wait in line for the Tangled toilets before using our next FP on Haunted Mansion. (You remember what it looks like, right? Cause there's still no pic. Blame Em!)

We thought we should get some lunch before the peak dining hour. Pecos Bill's was our choice. Ordering lunch here is always efficient....receiving the order is not. There exists some sort of disconnect between the register and the kitchen that results in a painfully long wait. (Can anyone relate?)

Em found a table in our fave dining room.
image.jpeg

Lunch is (finally) served.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Love the arch you and Em have made. :happy: but that was kinda secondary to
the first two rows of this photo. I am in awe over the two women to the left
who are beyond oblivious to the 2 small kids to the right, both look scared
out of their wits.
image-jpeg.152022

:facepalm:

Love these attraction photo's. Always interesting.
I love the Good Humor couple in all white in the first car, last row. I dare not wear white to a theme park.

image-jpeg.152032

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I'm in Target this afternoon and low and behold I'm thinking of @Tuvalu once again.

CnwbVjsXgAIn8td.jpg

Heh! I thought of @Tuvalu as well when I was ordering from Garden Grocer. They have Entenmann's that they'll deliver to your resort (as long as you have a minimum of a $40 order).

So now you both have me craving a chocolate donut! :hungry: :joyfull:

Ciara

Dory must have invited all her friends to the MK today as it was busier than it had been all week. We had to wait in line for the Tangled toilets before using our next FP on Haunted Mansion. (You remember what it looks like, right? Cause there's still no pic. Blame Em!)

We thought we should get some lunch before the peak dining hour. Pecos Bill's was our choice. Ordering lunch here is always efficient....receiving the order is not. There exists some sort of disconnect between the register and the kitchen that results in a painfully long wait. (Can anyone relate?)

Em found a table in our fave dining room.
View attachment 152042

Lunch is (finally) served.
View attachment 152039

View attachment 152041

View attachment 152040

Doesn't seem like the crowds slowed you down! So far a productive morning. I think i will have to try frontier land first on one of our MK days, my bf would be so thrilled to walk onto Big thunder OR splash, but both? WOWZA good start to a day :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I come from the home of Krispy Kreme, but don't tell them that I prefer chocolate cake donuts. :eek:
Krispy Kreme = :depressed:

Ahhh yes, I do enjoy the back on the old moving park bench;)
This made me LOL!!

Doesn't seem like the crowds slowed you down! So far a productive morning. I think i will have to try frontier land first on one of our MK days, my bf would be so thrilled to walk onto Big thunder OR splash, but both? WOWZA good start to a day :D
Definitely try Frontierland first! :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom