Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure this fits @lostpro9het's definition of vacation creep, so looking for new terminology ~

Next vacay in 45 days. Decided yesterday to join extended family on their vacay in 33 days. So it will be one week after I get home that I will bounce back (like Tigger) to WDW.

Call me ____________?

Guess I better get busy with July's TR! :joyfull:

lostpro9het

Not sure this fits @lostpro9het's definition of vacation creep, so looking for new terminology ~

Next vacay in 45 days. Decided yesterday to join extended family on their vacay in 33 days. So it will be one week after I get home that I will bounce back (like Tigger) to WDW.
No, no Disney Vacation Creep there. That probably qualifies for vacation addiction, though.

bee

I finally caught up! Wonderful report and photos as always! I'm particularly interested in your photos of French Quarter...for...reasons...

I could not believe the waiter at BOG brought you back a glass with two sips of wine! He should have brought you half a glass AT LEAST, or comped the wine on your bill. I read that part out loud to M and she thought it was absurd also.

I sure do miss having an AP. :cry: :greedy: I almost convinced M to buy our next APs starting in January instead of later in the year, but we decided to be practical and save them for later.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I finally caught up! Wonderful report and photos as always! I'm particularly interested in your photos of French Quarter...for...reasons...

I could not believe the waiter at BOG brought you back a glass with two sips of wine! He should have brought you half a glass AT LEAST, or comped the wine on your bill. I read that part out loud to M and she thought it was absurd also.

I sure do miss having an AP. :cry: :greedy: I almost convinced M to buy our next APs starting in January instead of later in the year, but we decided to be practical and save them for later.
Oh I am intrigued by the French Quarter hint you dropped......

You could be like @Tony the Tigger and say heck with the long-term plan, let's go to Disney NOW! (Practical? What is this practical you speak of?)

Yes, the BOG wine incident was ridic!

Scoppin

Finally completed your TR. Sounds like you had a great trip, with a few minor set backs. But you were still at WDW so easier to take.

I just hope we have half a great of a time when we are there 3 weeks as of today.

Second Star to the Right

Monday, June 6

The humidity was as thick as peanut butter. ("You mean pea soup." "You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!") (Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.) We walked to the TTC and boarded the Epcot monorail. Woody did not have a bag so he walked through the no-bags entrance, where everyone was being directed to go through the metal detectors. Em and I just had our bags inspected.
View attachment 149031

One of my favorite Christmas movies, and a line my dad and I reference frequently ;)

Second Star to the Right

Nope, that's NOT the standby line ~ that's the Fastpass line!! We had to turn around because "the line ENDS here; it BEGINS over there!" (Bonus points if you get the reference :D.)
View attachment 149711

"Frag-ee-lay, must be Italian". This is my FAVORITE Christmas movie! I'm sure you know this, but the man that says that line is actually the narrator of the story :)

Scoppin

I just caught up on your above TR. Talk about having to go with the flow. We are staying at All Star Sports, so won't be worrying about the monorail. But would like to ride it from MK to Chef Mickey's. I will have to admit, I don't have the same WDW experience as you in order to maneuver around MK and others as well. I am hoping my researching will help me get around the parks. then again am planning 3 days in MK and dividing each of those days into similar parts of MK in order to avoid a lot of walking around. I am looking forward to being able to use app to get additional FPs.

Scoppin

HI Tuvalu,

I was thinking of something else after responding above. Do the room not have coffee makers in them? I ask as I was planning to bring oatmeal packets for the kids to have for breakfast. As, this could be a quick and inexpensive way to start our mornings. I was planning on use the coffee makers to heat up the water to use for the oatmeal.

Thanks,

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
HI Tuvalu,

I was thinking of something else after responding above. Do the room not have coffee makers in them? I ask as I was planning to bring oatmeal packets for the kids to have for breakfast. As, this could be a quick and inexpensive way to start our mornings. I was planning on use the coffee makers to heat up the water to use for the oatmeal.

Thanks,
Where are you staying?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
All Star Sports. I thought I read the rooms had them. But know I am thinking I may be getting them mixed up with some of the hotels I booked for our journey to and fro.
Unfortunately none of the value resorts have in-room coffee makers (moderates and deluxe resorts do). You should be able to get water hot enough for oatmeal in the food court. There are microwaves in the food court as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom