Who will replace Aerosmith?

wyattkelly

Rock bands for Rockin' Roller Coaster?

Rob Zombie!

He's the greatest showman working in rock and roll right now, and to hear 'Living Dead Girl' while going through a loop with wind whipping through your hair would be (Comic book guy voice) Best Roller Coaster Ever!

MrPromey

Originally posted by wyattkelly
Rock bands for Rockin' Roller Coaster?

Rob Zombie!

He's the greatest showman working in rock and roll right now, and to hear 'Living Dead Girl' while going through a loop with wind whipping through your hair would be (Comic book guy voice) Best Roller Coaster Ever!

:rolleyes: Yes, he and Disney would be such a good fit, too!.. Heck, why not go for Insane Clown Posse? Just think, they probably could have made it a contractual obligation had Disney not dropped them like a hot turnip when Eisner realized what their music was like. ;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im surprised no one has mentioned that popular beat combo and all round family entertainer, Marilyn Manson. His uplifting and easy going music would be just what Disney require.

Goofster

Originally posted by Luau Cove

Yes, it was.
About Elvis being the new performer, I think he goes along with MGM but not with this attraction in particular. They would have to change the whole idea of the ride, including another type of pre-show, etc ,etc...

-->luau

I do think Elvis would be an awesome fit, of course, they'd have to spruce up the alley, make it look a little less. . .well, like an alley.

And about the preshow, they're doing amazing things today. If the Imagineers couldn't do it, then they could surely have ILM help them out. Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!? I mean, it's possible, everybody remeber that Pizza Hut commercial a while back with Elvis. Yeah, well, that was not terrible looking, and if the imagineers spruced up the tecknology they used, it'd be awesome. Long live the King!

Nevertheless, I hope Aerosmith is around for a while.

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofster

And about the preshow, they're doing amazing things today. If the Imagineers couldn't do it, then they could surely have ILM help them out.

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think Disney is eager to spend more money, even less in a ride that doesn't need anything but a band and the band making a little appearence.

-->luau

foxfire

It'll be weird w/o them---is Disney going to keep it this way much longer or are they already planning to redo the ride?

Davis224

Aerosmith leave, man That would be terrible. There are very few bands that would replace and still be the same quality
I say U2

Rock on BONO!

jcmayid

Originally posted by happy snapper
Im surprised no one has mentioned that popular beat combo and all round family entertainer, Marilyn Manson. His uplifting and easy going music would be just what Disney require.

:lol: Funny!!! :lol:

RCHP & U2 ROCK!!!
:cool:

millercv

Well after giving it much thought I think the only other feasable choice would be to just completely change the preshow and have a variety of classic guitar based rock songs in rotation.

Such as:
Frankenstein by Edgar Winter Group, some Clapton (Layla perhaps), maybe BTO (Ain't Seen Nothing Yet?), some surf rock (Wipeout perhaps), etc etc.

But I think they really did hit the nail on the head with Aerosmith.

Davis224

You need NEED N E E D
Rock bands that have old anc classic hits, as well as bands kids today know about. You can't have Clapton, kids now don't listen to clapton. . . You can't have bon jovi, he's not old enough or respected enough... You need some group like U2 or Tom Petty that have hits with lots of different demographics and are STILL turning out hits!

Rock on Petty and BONO

MKCustodial

Uh, guys, I don't wanna be a "thread stopper" or anything, but I just found this and thought I'd post it. Maybe you guys already know about it, maybe not...

Also, Disney had originally intended to change the band associated with the ride every so often (?few years), but Aerosmith's lawyers found a loophole in the contract, and so it will always be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith!

foxfire

Originally posted by millercv
Well after giving it much thought I think the only other feasable choice would be to just completely change the preshow and have a variety of classic guitar based rock songs in rotation.

Such as:
Frankenstein by Edgar Winter Group, some Clapton (Layla perhaps), maybe BTO (Ain't Seen Nothing Yet?), some surf rock (Wipeout perhaps), etc etc.

But I think they really did hit the nail on the head with Aerosmith.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The whole Aerosmith thing is what convinced me to ride it in the firstplace. Granted, I like some of their older songs better but that's mostly what they play on the ride. I like the idea of guitar-based songs. If/when they pull Aerosmith maybe they can do a track like they did for Space Mtn in DL, although I'm not sure what the preshow would be. Oh well, guess we'll find out when it happens....

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Originally posted by Davis224
You can't have bon jovi, he's not old enough or respected enough... You need some group like U2 or Tom Petty that have hits with lots of different demographics and are STILL turning out hits!

Though it's a contemporary artist, kids don't listen to Tom Petty either. The thing is that the band not only must be good and fit the show, it must be popular right now.

-->LUAU

Tom Morrow

I can't believe how many people have said bands like Creed, Dave Mathews Band, and Barenaked Ladies. Its a Rollercoaster!! I don't want to hear Scott Stapp of Creed's wailing Eddie Vedder ripoff voice while I'm blasting 60 MPH. It just doesn't fit.

like Luau said,
1) It must be a popular band.
2) It must be a Hard Rock band to create more adrenaline like Aerosmith's songs.
3) Songs need to be well-known and rather fast to follow the movement.
4)They can't have explicit lyrics.
5) The band can't have an "Against-the-system" attitude like many actual bands.
6) The artists have to be recognized by people of almost all ages for some reason.
7) Disney needs to have a connection, preferently they'll choose a nearby music label to deal easier with their contracts and copyright. Aerosmith is COLUMBIA RECORDS.

This illiminates almost every single band except Aerosmith. I don't think they'll ever get rid of Aerosmith. They're timeless! They've lasted through 4 decades, they're obviously never going to fade away.

fngoofy

I hear ya Tom, you are right.

There are a couple others, (the Stones not being one of them, due to their lack of a recent hit)

I think David Bowie is a contender for a short run, age will keep him from lasting more than 5-8yrs, and that's if he's tossed in tomorrow.

Here is someone I think most have missed.

--------------------WILL SMITH---------------------

All it would take is one hit movie under Disney and you got him in there gettin jiggy with it.

I think he would be a very good choice.

Anyone agree?

NowInc

Originally posted by fngoofy

--------------------WILL SMITH---------------------

All it would take is one hit movie under Disney and you got him in there gettin jiggy with it.

I think he would be a very good choice.

Anyone agree?

I dont....ROCK n rollercoaster..not "sample" and rollercoaster...also..i think someone with talent should be the person the ride focuses on....so he doesnt qualify (oooh..thats gunna get me in SO much trouble)...

lets not forget his affliciations with universal

Davis224

Tom Morrow knows whats up. He is completely and totally right. Unless Aerosmith changes their image and music this late in their career (which by the way won't happen) they'll probably never leave.

And Will Smith?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you serious :lol: :lol:

Hey everybody, when you think of Rock and Roll just think of lousy hip hop and stealing other peoples music, oh and welcome to the MGM studios

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom