Who will replace Aerosmith?

Terp02

RHCP would never do it. If you look at Aerosmith they've put their names on two video games already and are willing to "sell out" a lot for money, yet they still rock. Creed would probably do it, except I don't like them, but that's just me. You would have to find a band who would be willing to sell out and there are very few bands who would do it like Aerosmith. Lenny Kravitz would do it, but I would really like have Ben Folds put his name on it, that would kick . Let's hope Aerosmith stays on for a while because "Sweet Emotion" is a perfect song for the ride. Ok rambling is done.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
This is just RUMOR:

I heard awhile back that when Aerosmith signed on that there was a clause in the contract that they'd be the only band on the MGM version......sort of a lifetime deal

NowInc

Just a side note..

ITs going to be a REAL bummer once one of the guys from Aerosmith dies and you see him on the RnR....

disney2b

i got to see aerosmith live this summer, and i couldnt even think of who could replace them. to me they make that roller coaster great. but when would they really replace them, they have have been around for forever.

DDPGambit

one band that comes to mind that has a "disney connection" is The Juliana Theory. Disney used one of thier songs for a bunch of promotional stuff a while back. They also used it in a Disney channel movie. As much as I like Juliana(my fave band), their music isn't really the type you'd want for RNRC, just 2 or 3 songs come to mind that would work.

Green Day would be pretty cool, but I dont see that happening.

I'd like to see Blink-182, but that would probably cause riots! That, and Blink couldn't clean up thier act enough.

Nirvana just came to mind. That would be AWESOME! But, I dont think Disney would go for it....

NowInc

Originally posted by DDPGambit

Nirvana just came to mind. That would be AWESOME! But, I dont think Disney would go for it....

It'd be kinda hard to do that preshow..dont ya think?

DDPGambit

I've uhh, actually, *ahem* never been on RNR...heh.
It wasn't opened yet the second to last time i went, and it was closed the last time i was at WDW.
What is the pre show like anyhows?

fngoofy

**************MAJOR SPOILERS****************

DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED BY THE RnRC QUEUE

There is a brief outdoor queue that leads you to the front of G-Force Records. Once inside you pass through some cool rooms with integrated musical themed architectural elements like cables that transition into guitar strings, and themed mosaics in the floor. The rooms contain historical displays lining the walls behind glass as well.

You then proceed down a hallway with recording studio doors along the wall. You see studio A, B, C and so forth, and when you listen at these doors you hear the sounds of musicians recording. There are vintage rock & roll posters on the wall in this area, and you occasionally here a request over the intercom for a Lava Lamp to be delivered to Studio B.

A CM tells you that Aerosmith is recording in Studio D and you will be able to go in and watch. You enter an observation room with glass looking into the studio full of instruments and on the far wall another window into the mixing room. Inside the mixing room Aerosmith is finishing up mixing the song they are working on.

They say hi to everyone and are getting chatty when their manager shows up. She wants to know why they aren’t on the way to their show in L.A., because it is supposed to start any minute. A limo can be seen pulling up through the door behind them in the mixing room, and their manager start herding them towards the limo.

Steven Tyler and the rest of the guys tell their manager that she needs to take care of all of the fans in the observation room. Steven comes up with the idea of backstage passes and a ride to the show. As the band files out, the guitarist asks “Chris” (the non gender descript real CM that has been tidying up around the studio) to please get his guitar for him. Chris says “sure” and picks up the guitar and heads through the side door.

Meanwhile, Steven and the boys peel out from the alley and the manager orders a stretch........better make that a super stretch limo. The door at the far end of the observation lounge opens and your group is ushered out to a dark alleyway and round a queue to a parking garage exit where limos are boarding.

You’re on your way to the show!

Lance

I would hate to see Aerosmith go, but I think the RHCP would be a good fit.

BUT.............I think they should give it to Captain EO!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fngoofy

DMB is probably a good fit image wise, but does he have enough "rockin" songs to make like 4 medleys with 4-5 songs each?

Rdedeian

DMB would make a great fit, I mean #1 touring rock band in the country three years in a row.

The songs could be like: Ants Marching
What Would You Say
Two Step
Tripping Billies
Too Much

Its good to dream but it will never happen.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I really hope they dont replace Aerosmith, especially with those dobbers the RHCP they really are keech.
As for bands to replace them with here are a few of my suggestions.

Bon Jovi if a little ligt weight.
Sir Elton John, still think hes great and flamboyant enough to do the ride.
Bryan Adams, is he big enough?
Mettalica if they pull their finger out.
The mighty Iron Maiden probably to sinister for the church goers.
And for fellow ageing old f@rts you couldalways use Pink Floyd.
Ive just realised how few genuine stadium bands are left.
Oh how about the original Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones, there still rockin at 106.
:lol:

DisJosh

isnet396, why do you have that picture of my room in your sig? i'm serious thats my room!! And that scary lady is my mom coming in to clean!!

Thespis

And for fellow ageing old f@rts you couldalways use Pink Floyd.
Pink Floyd used to play only 3 cities when they toured the USA. You think they're going to sell out to a theme park? Even a Disney theme park?
I think Aerosmith is here to stay (unless they screw it up).

We can all STOP the madness now!!! Here is the ultimate band to replace AreoSmith........ Ready.......................Here we go..............

ABBA or Boy George...................

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol j/k.......

It would have to be a band pepole can associate with today... Iron Maider,Metallica...etc are to out dated for today's generation. KISS would be awsome but they spilt up. You would need a REAL HEAVY Metal band for this that everyday people can recgonize. I would thnik CREED but I don't believe they have the play power for that. BOY bands....... NO WAY IN HEL* who wants to ride RnRC listening to NStink or backside boyz??????
AeroSmith will be around for a long time @ RnRC

mhead

Originally posted by Luau Cove

The Psycho Circus tour was their last one, and after it they said they won't be doing anything together for a long time.

-->luau

wrong. After Psycho Circus the band began the farewell tour. After the initial leg of this tour Peter Criss left the band and was replaced by Eric Singer. The band will still exist but will no longer tour or record once the farewell tour is finished.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Iron Maider,Metallica...etc are to out dated for today's generation.

Am I really getting that old? Yes Im old enough to remember Maiden opening for Judas Priest. But I tried to think of a band of similar stature to Aerosmith and I can barely think of any of these Nu Metal bands that have made more than 2 records. Slip Knott but they are dross, a Napalm Death for the new millenium.
I agree stay well away from poncy boy / girl bands or plastic puppets like Britney.
The RnrC in Paris has music provided by who? I know its law in France that 60% of radio/TV music out put must be in French. The Rock n Roller Coaster presented by Charles Asnovoice.

Sudden thought are Van Halen still alive and Kicking, bring back Diamond Dave!!!

RnRC in Paris is Aerosmith too -- I've heard they did a much better job with the actual coaster in Paris.

***Spoiler here so if you plan on going to Paris and want to be surprised, don't read any further! ***

No flat cutouts with neon writing. Different preshow -- I saw one shot of Steven Tyler examining the coasters layout and I think guests are there to ride the coaster as extras in their latest video. A nice touch is the tour bus outside which makes it seem like Aerosmith is actually there.

***Spoiler ended***

We're going over to Paris the first week of June so I'll post when I get back.

But Aerosmith is SOOO Disney to me. Between Armageddon and the fact that the guys simply love Walt Disney World (they vacation there together with their families every year, usually around Christmas -- we saw Steven Tyler with a group of kids on December 29th at The Boardwalk last year). I can't imagine anyone replacing them!

I mean, how many bands are there that are true classics, can still rock and record great new music (if they're going to be as creative as the original RnRC, the bands would need to rerecord their music for the ride -- "Love in a roller coaster...") and have such awesome personalities and an international appeal?

jcmayid

Originally posted by epcot71
i have a freind in imagineering and he gave me the official list of bands to take over for aorosmith-
listed in order as they will change

1-barry manilow-the copa cabana roller coaster
2-bee-gees-staying alive roller coaster
3-wayne newton-donka shane wild ride
4-kc and the sunshine band-thats the way ahuh ahuh i like it coaster
5-sid koriski polka band-polka polka polka coaster
please dont let this top secret info go further than this board-thanks:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

OH NO!!! THE HORROR!!! The only one that would be semi-OK is "stayin alive" even though I like KC's "thats the way I like it" & "Copa Cabana" it just would NOT go!!! None of those 5 would! I hope they aren't serious! All of that is just waaaay too outdated! Although I love Pink Floyd (we're young but still appreciate Classics) I don't think they'd go good since they don't have a song upbeat enough to go in a Coaster & many people can't appreciate Pink Floyd. DEFINITELY stay away from boy bands! :brick: That would totally ruin the whole thing! I still say Red Hot Chili Peppers!!! :sohappy:

So excited!!! Leaving tomorrow to MGM & AK!!! Yippeeee!!!
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom