Who will replace Aerosmith?

isnet396

Maybe....hey, maybe they could re-theme it to NYC after all these recent, important, but not-so-recent events.....billy joel would fit in pretty well there....

Ian

wanabeimagineer

Are you sure Aerosmith is only temporary? There is so much they would have to do to change it to someone else, and like somebody else said, Aerosmith is what makes that coaster so great. I am a very big Aerosmith fan so that explains it. But anyways, if on one very sad day they did get replaced, I would like to see a Van Halen roller coaster! (but Sammy Hagar era only)!

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Ok, we need to understand some basical concepts for a band that would fit into this ride.

1) It must be a popular band.
2) It must be a Hard Rock band to create more adrenaline like Aerosmith's songs.
3) Songs need to be well-known and rather fast to follow the movement.
4)They can't have explicit lyrics.
5) The band can't have an "Against-the-system" attitude like many actual bands.
6) The artists have to be recognized by people of almost all ages for some reason.
7) Disney needs to have a connection, preferently they'll choose a nearby music label to deal easier with their contracts and copyright. Aerosmith is COLUMBIA RECORDS.

The bands that fit these basic descriptions are to me just 3:

1- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
2- U2
3- Bon Jovi

-->Luau

fngoofy

Yo Luau,
Couldn't they also go for a dead music act such as Elvis?
Cough up the licensing fees and you’re good to go.

It would fit in better with the Sunset Blvd and ride vehicle theme.
The other practical reason for going with a dead guy is that you know he won’t do anything embarrassing and that you can use him forever.

Rockin’ Roller Coaster w/Elvis, heck there’s already a huge donut midway through the ride, slip in some fried nanner sandwiches and it’s a done deal.

disneymystique

Obvious Choice

A group I didn't see - THE WHO.

Thirty-five years on and they can still rock anyone off the stage. And their music is geting more and more common in commercials, CSI theme, etc. Is there really any better choice out there?

fngoofy

dude,
I love the Who, but I think they fall in the same category as the Stones. I mean, very few people can name more than the 3 tunes the local classic rock station plays.

prberk

Queen

Queen is on Disney's Hollywood Records label, and may fit the "attitude," although death is a serious barrier!

jcmayid

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Ok, we need to understand some basical concepts for a band that would fit into this ride.

1) It must be a popular band.
2) It must be a Hard Rock band to create more adrenaline like Aerosmith's songs.
3) Songs need to be well-known and rather fast to follow the movement.
4)They can't have explicit lyrics.
5) The band can't have an "Against-the-system" attitude like many actual bands.
6) The artists have to be recognized by people of almost all ages for some reason.
7) Disney needs to have a connection, preferently they'll choose a nearby music label to deal easier with their contracts and copyright. Aerosmith is COLUMBIA RECORDS.

The bands that fit these basic descriptions are to me just 3:

1- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
2- U2
3- Bon Jovi

-->Luau

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! :cool:

***WE LEAVE TONIGHT!!!***
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

HMGhost13

two words: BARENAKED LADIES!!!!!! and live? oh man that would rock! espcially Alcohol, One Week, Too Little Too Late, Falling For The First Time, It's All Been Done, Old Apartment. aww i'm in heaven:)

btw, they did Grim Grinning Ghosts on a Disney World album or something like that.

RyanS

I like it with Aerosmith, but if they had to be replaced the only suitable thing to do would be.

Call Glen Danzig
Reuinite The Misfits
Amen.
Nothing like hearing Halloween or The Last Caress on a roller coaster.

NowInc

Originally posted by RyanS
I like it with Aerosmith, but if they had to be replaced the only suitable thing to do would be.

Call Glen Danzig
Reuinite The Misfits
Amen.
Nothing like hearing Halloween or The Last Caress on a roller coaster.

LoL..somehow I dont think id want to be screaming on a rollercoaster while hearing "die die die my darling"....hehe

Goofster

I guess, U2 and Bon Jovi would be cool, but until an Aerosmith band member either dies, or they break up, I definately dont need to think about the RnRC any other way.

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
It was never stated that Aerosmith is only temporary.

Yes, it was.
About Elvis being the new performer, I think he goes along with MGM but not with this attraction in particular. They would have to change the whole idea of the ride, including another type of pre-show, etc ,etc...

-->luau

Thespis

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
It was never stated that Aerosmith is only temporary.
Originally posted by Luau Cove
Yes, it was.
OnWithTheShow has been and (I believe) is now a CM at MGM. I'll go with his info...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom