Who will replace Aerosmith?

njchris65

Considering how much he's been used in the movies, I'm surprised they didn't use Elton John.

Creed would be good,

Or they can make it a haunted RNR and use Alice Cooper. :slurp:

jcmayid

Although I looooooove Metallica...they lost a band member!!! :cry: I don't know if it would work that way. And I wonder how many people out there hate them cuz most songs are hard ripping songs. That's why I didn't emphasize Metallica. GO CHILI PEPPERS!!! But let's just hope Aerosmith stays! :king:

Elton John...never liked him :zipit:

Ijones88

I hope they don't replace Aerosmith, but what about a band that has been around as long as them......STYX. They're still touring, not all the same members but most of them. We saw them at the main stage at Pleasure Island for the Millenium New Year's Eve party....they ROCKED!!!

"Welcome to the Grand Illusion....."
"Come sail away, come sail away......."

I could imagine riding to those tunes!! or the awsome "Blue Collar Man"styx

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
One possible suggestion (credit to my No 1 daughter) everybodys bunch of favourite paddys U2. Upbeat one of the biggest bands on the planet and cheesy enough to do something like the big mirror lemon.
Elton Bob tinkling his ivorys, mind u would his toupe last a trip on the coaster.

NowInc

If creed was the replacment, id never go to MGM ever again (yep..I hate them THAT much)

Van Halen would TOOOOOOOOOTALLY kick butt. I could see the coaster screaming through the track, the whole time "Unchained" is playing...ooooo

U2...ehhh...I dont think they have enough "upbeat" songs to really fill the coaster..but at least they are Disney Friendly..

Metallica...well..seeing how they sold out YEARS ago..they would be willing to do it..buuut...a strong lack of that "Disney Feel" eliminates them.

The only other band I could think of that has enough "happy" songs would be The Offspring.

X Zoe X

I'd have to disagree i think that U2 are the best and they have plenty of great songs to go on the ride. I think that Iron Maidon would be cool to!

NowInc

Pantera! (yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah Right...as if that'll happen)

I could totally see it tho...Cowboys from hell starts playing pre-launch..and about the time the ride explodes...so does the song....oooooo

MrPromey

The problem with most of the bands people are choosing is that they are either "now bands" that have only been big (or in some cases only semi-big) in very recent years or they do not have cross-generational appeal. I like RHCP and they have been around for quite a while but their "alternative" image, kind of puts them off for the older generations. That's something sort of unique about Aerosmith. They've done the whole $ex, drugs and rock thing and are now respected for cleaning up and being mature but at the same time, their music can appeal to younger generations. They are sort of legendary and still alive and going. The Rolling Stones would fit much of the criteria only they don't appeal to younger audiences anymore... Off the top of my head, I can't think of a band that has been around long enough to be proven (as in, Disney won't be looking for someone else next year when they sink into oblivion) and who also has almost universal appeal with at least some of their music. You know? I think that unless they screw up big time or they all tragically die, they will be in there for quite some time. Steve has been "clean" for a long time and since none of them have theme have a pet monkey, I don't see any problems for them and Disney in theforeseeable future. :)

TwilightRocker

Rock on Boneyard Boys!

Well, I'm upset to hear that Aerosmith is going bye bye. They are my absolute favorite band, and I can honestly say that when a new band steps in, I will not ride it anymore. It'll ruin the whole experience for me. I'd rather Rock n Rollercoaster be left a great ride with a great band in my memory rather than a great ride that used to be better. I want to remember it the way it is. With that said, on my next trip to Disney, I will ride the coaster as much as possible before they ruin it (like they did to Journey Into Imagination). I'm sure whichever band replaces Aerosmith will be a great band, but there is no replacement for Aerosmith. Adieu.

Dan

NowInc

First off..Aerosmith isnt going anywhere...

What I think would be REALLY cool..is to have many different bands be in it..randomly...

Pumbas Nakasak

I thought this was just a hypothetical discussion. If there really is going to be a replacement then it has got to be German Industrial Metal heads Ramsteine. Very few would like the music and I could ride till I bugled.:hurl:
2 3 4 Links, what a classic.

NowInc

Rammstein would totallllly rock..as would Das Ich, KMFDM, and about a dozen other industrial bands...and the best part is..Id be the only one riding it!

hehe

DigitalDisney

Well, it would have to be family-friendly music. Stuff like Slipknot, RHCP, Cannibal Corpse, etc. just won't cut it. If your parents won't listen to it, then it probably won't be in the ride

I imagine everything you hear in the outside queue is fair game. Stuff from bands like Blue Oyster Cult, Genesis, Journey, Deep Purple, etc. would all be fair game.

If they're going to continue the hard rock trend, then I'd love to see AC/DC be the next band featured in the ride.

Pumbas Nakasak

If your parents won't listen to it, then it probably won't be in the ride
I hope thats true cause I cant stand boy bands or country music.
My mother rode the coaster aged 64, but as she has never appreciated the music I like I dont think it was an issue. However I have lived away from home for 21 years and she still tells me it is just a noise and how can I tell what there singing.
The kids just tell me its too loud and that Im too old to like groups like Blink, Bloodhound Gang, Puddle of Mudd and Nickelbak. But hey I grew up on Quo ,Lizzy, ACDC and Priest. Besides Franks dead (do be do be dooo) and ABBA have split up.

jcmayid

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Well, it would have to be family-friendly music. Stuff like Slipknot, RHCP, Cannibal Corpse, etc. just won't cut it. If your parents won't listen to it, then it probably won't be in the ride

I imagine everything you hear in the outside queue is fair game. Stuff from bands like Blue Oyster Cult, Genesis, Journey, Deep Purple, etc. would all be fair game.

If they're going to continue the hard rock trend, then I'd love to see AC/DC be the next band featured in the ride.

I don't think the RHCP falls into the category of Slipknot & much less Canibal Corpse! :dazzle: And there are a few songs that I'm sure would be appealing to older folks as well. Listen to all their cd's and you'll agree! Unless you just don't like them :zipit: I think Journey doesn't have enough upbeat songs & they're very old. Probably won't appeal to the young crowd although I love 'em! (I'm 22) All the other bands are pretty old & just out of it. :D
All and all, I don't think Aerosmith is budging!!! :cool:

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

doubletroublevb

You know...just because you had a heavy metal band on the rockin roller coaster doesn't mean they won't replace them with something other than heavy metal. It just has to be in the genre of rock which would be anything spawned from the 1950's onward...so that means almost anything that ever hit the pop airwaves.

I do agree that with the music industry having hit the skids recently Disney will be in trouble if they decide to replace Aerosmith sooner than later. Of every band cited I can only see U2 as a realistic choice with the same longevity and cross-generational appeal as Aerosmith.

From a local perspective you could make a case for Springsteen or Van Halen. Springsteen at least has a variety of USA songs to go on the ride.

NowInc

Perhaps Skid Row? That would be great too ;)

Im not really into the bubble gum rock metal anymore..but a lot of those groups would be great for it....I mean..imagine screaming thru RnR with "Kickstart my heart" blasting at you from all angles...ooooh yeah....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom