Who Wants to be a Millionaire closing in August

bassman

in a way i am sorry to see it go but in another way i aint.
i never really made millionaire a definate visit, it was more "well its here and the lines are short might as well" sort of thing.
roll on the new attraction,whatever it is.
i like the sound of this midway mania,the only thing i dont like abouit it is the name and the toy story themeing,if it were me i would like a incredibles themed ride.
i think that a spiderman/buzz/mib ride where you are fighting and blasting syndromes evil forces in a 3d movie environment,in a car that can do all sorts of manouvers (that centilevered coaster design sounded promising?) would be totally mind blowing.
and it would knock "the other place":animwink: down a peg or 3.
spiderman? nah we've got "the incredibles: syndrome versus supers".
(bad name i know but hey imagination is the key to all)

THECARISMINE

darn wait is it open the 19 for the last day or cloed I going to mgm that day and can't move anything alredy have reservations throughout my stay :brick:

dxwwf3

DDuckFan130 said:
I'll miss those hosts too. They were great.

Both times I saw the show, the hosts were horribly corny and about as unfunny as possible. I saw it once the month it opened and I saw it last week just because of Star Wars Weekends. I guess I just had terrible luck with that show :veryconfu.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
Both times I saw the show, the hosts were horribly corny and about as unfunny as possible. I saw it once the month it opened and I saw it last week just because of Star Wars Weekends. I guess I just had terrible luck with that show :veryconfu.
We had this young black man named Jim and an older blonde lady the last few times (I had them both for the hot seat when I made it). They are somewhat corny, but I thought they were funny. We also used to see this guy named Michael who was probably the funniest, especially his reactions to what people were doing on camera :lol:

Piebald

well, ________..... I work at Who wants to be a millionaire and was not even aware that it would be closing so soon!:lookaroun

dizneycrazy09

I haven't posted much lately, just been quietly reading what everyone has to say, but it's time to give my 2 cents. Number one : I wish people would stop with the "Pixar is taking over WDW" stuff. Last time I checked Pixar IS Disney. I mean would you rather see a Valiant ride or a ride based off of The Wild or an attraction based on a successful movie like Toy Story or Monster Inc? I don't know, I think Disney is considering what the majority of the people know, want, and like. And secondly, ( a little more on topic) I'm really disappointed that Millionaire is closing. It was probably my favorite thing to do in MGM other than ToT and RNRC. It deffenitely won't be bad though if they replace it with a good themed (whether it's a Pixar movie or not I dont really care), entertaining attraction that won't make me wish Millionaire was still there, then I will be satisfied

mjc1984

Thats sucks. i loved that attraction but could be boring if your not in the hot seat. I hope that the real show is able to tape in there again before it closes. I have gone to all the real tapings with Meridith Vieria and are really fun to see the real show.

CThaddeus

coastermaster83 said:
Ive never ridden/done WWTBAM before at mgm and im wondering what types of prizes do they give out for it?

I'm guessing it's similar to California Adventure's prize structure, where you got a Who Wants to Be a Millionaire lanyard just for getting into the hot seat, then a pin for every question you get right showing the point amount (100 points, 200 points, etc.), a Millionaire baseball cap at 1000 points, a Millionaire polo shirt at 32000 points, a Millionaire jacket at I think 1000000 points, and originally a trip to New York to see a taping of the show or now a Disney Cruise if you get the million point question, as well. I'm not as certain about the higher level prizes because of the three times I got in the hot seat, my best was only 125000 points.
I wanted to get over to it when I was there last month, but unfortunately, I wasted my time at Lights, Motors, Action instead. What a fool I am. Sigh. Why don't they use the Hunchback theater area instead? Geez, I really hate this take out one attraction to put in another stuff. Since they've already killed Hunchback, they should at least do something with it first.
And I, apparently, am the only one who truly likes Sounds Dangerous! The post-show area could use a major update, but I enjoy the Drew Carey part.

dxwwf3

CThaddeus said:
And I, apparently, am the only one who truly likes Sounds Dangerous! The post-show area could use a major update, but I enjoy the Drew Carey part.

Nope, there are two of us. I would much rather watch Sounds Dangerous than Lights, Motors, Action or WWTBAM: Play It.

Dizknee_Phreek

I knew when they opened this attraction that it wouldn't last long. Sure, it had a good run, but just not the longevity that the classics have. I mean, by the time they opened this attraction, Disney/ABC had already run the show into the ground. My family and I went on this once, back when it first opened, and I remember it being fun. But I didn't really care about waiting in line for it again.
I'm kind of excited about this new thing, though! I certainly hope it's not another Pixar attraction, although the Incredibles theme suggested here wouldn't be so bad (don't get me wrong, I do love the Pixar movies...but I'm beginning to have my fill of Finding Nemo and friends) And, for the love of Pete, no more Stitch (yes, I know it's not yet been suggested...and I pray that it never is)! But no matter what the theme, this attraction sounds like it could have a lot of potential. And even though it kind of sounds like a spin-off to an already made attraction, it sounds like they're trying to improve on it and create a totally new experience. So, go Disney!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
dxwwf3 said:
Nope, there are two of us. I would much rather watch Sounds Dangerous than Lights, Motors, Action or WWTBAM: Play It.

Make that 3 of us....

BTW- I'm ready for Midway Mania aka Toy Story: Play it! by one of our members

martaraepa

Millionaire Closing . . . Boooooo :-(

What a bummer . . . My boyfriend worked there during his college program and some of my family have been in the hot seat! Always a great conversation piece after our trips to WDW! Also a nice place to sit down and enjoy the AC for a while at MGM without being on an attraction or in a shop. It will be sorely missed. :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well looks like my dream of winning the cruise during SWW have been crushed. :cry: At least I made it into the hot seat twice.

I am not really sad to see it go. The only time I ever went to this attraction was during SWW and the attraction that will be replacing it looks to be a vast improvement.

Captain Chaos

applelific said:
I loved that ride....i play along with the crowd everyday via aol instant msg....i wil miss i but i hope i make it in the hot seat in july! This midway ride better be good.

You can do that??? How?? I would love to play along...

I liked Millionaire.. but, not sad to see it go... Change is good as long as it is for the better and not just for the sake of changing.... Midway Mania sounds like it has a lot of potential.. Hopefully this ride turns out as good as it sounds...

dxer07002 said:
You can do that??? How?? I would love to play along...

I liked Millionaire.. but, not sad to see it go... Change is good as long as it is for the better and not just for the sake of changing.... Midway Mania sounds like it has a lot of potential.. Hopefully this ride turns out as good as it sounds...
I think he's referring to the Syndicated WWTBAM broadcast with Meredith Viera. Thats one of the new lifelines they have. They poll people on AIM and then display the results for the contestant.

I really think its a shame to remove Millionaire. First off, this is the only attraction that actually gives you a real taste of what its like to be in a TV Audience. If you've never been a part of a real TV Studio audience, it is incredibly exciting. And this attraction, is almost the real thing. I mean, the set is an exact replica of the WWTBAM set in New York, The hosts are spectacular, every show is different, and in my opinion, it never gets old.

Also, from the sound of this new ride rumor, this means they are giving up on the Sound Stages entirely. The studio productions was what always stood out on every trip I made to Studios as a kid. It was so cool back in 2000 walking through the upstairs viewing area of the soundstages and seeing sets from current TV show productions. It was part of the Studios luster. Its a shame that this amazing park, my favorite BTW, is quickly becoming "The Disney-MGM Park"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom