Who Wants to be a Millionaire closing in August

SpenceMan01

To all the people wanting them to use the Sounds Dangerous builing instead:

The soundstages where MM is going in are a heck of a lot bigger than the SD building, which is rather small in comparison. There's no way something on the scale of MM would fit in there, regardless of how much SD needs to go (I'm with you on that one, chuck it).

Aerial View (local.live.com)

applelific

I loved that ride....i play along with the crowd everyday via aol instant msg....i wil miss i but i hope i make it in the hot seat in july! This midway ride better be good.

kcnole

Now if they could just find something to go in the Sound's Dangerous building. That thing feels like it should be in some small regional park.

cameraguy

Here is my Idea. They shouldn't close WWBM, but rather close Sounds Dangerous (the worst WDW attraction if you can call it an "attraction") and put WWBM their to make way for Midway Mania.

durangojim

Well, as Million point winner #29 on Jan 1, 2002 (yes, I'm bragging a little;)), I have to say that I'm happy and sad to see it go. Happy because hopefully we'll get a more fun attraction, although in its heyday it was quite the crowd pleaser, and sad because it was such a great attraction at one time. By the way does anyone know how many people actually won. Maybe the should have a parade of all the million point winners dressed in our leather varsity jackets and proudly displaying the gold medallions around our necks on the last day of the attraction's operation!:lol:

ilovepluto23

kennygman said:
Well, like Tarzan Rocks, I'll get to catch it one last time in Aug before it closes. I think a new ride will help MGM a lot though.

Yeah, I think MGM is due for something new! Who Wants to be a Millionare was fun...but it's getting a tad bit old, don't ya think?

coasterphil

I'm really going to miss it. My family had developed a nice system of getting into the hot seat, and we were successful on our only try. I wish we could have done it a few more times.

KrazyKemp

I always found Millionaire to be something that you do after you've done everything else in MGM.

My friends and I never got on the leaderboard, much less in the hot seat.

I am not saddened to see it go. Midway Mania will more than likely make me forget all about it.

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I am going to miss the show. It was always a different show and my family always had fun. I will be down there and I will make sure I do it a few times before it closes. I think that people who are saying it is past it's prime might be right but look at Indiana Jones which has been the same since I can remember. Sounds Dangerous needs to go as well and where they had the audience participation show next to it. MGM is becoming less and less of a park and will become that half day park with only a few re-ridable things. They have so much open space it seems and they will take out an existing show to replace it but they have all these soundstages that go unused and the Backlot Tour is nothing but a tram ride with nothing interesting to see. The only good part of that ride is Catastrophe Canyon and that lasts two minutes. I loved Millionaire and wish they would keep it and find another place to put this new attraction.

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
us too. MGM is becoming more and more less appealing.

So you're saying that you wouldn't trade WWTBAM: Play It for an interactive Spider-Man type adventure?

I understand WWTBAM had its fans and I fell sorry for them. Honestly, I do. But this looks like an absolute no brainer to me. I have always hoped that these soundstages would be used for a huge D/E ticket ride and it looks like I'm going to be getting my wish.

I was never a big fan of Play It and it had lost a lot of popularity after the first two or three years of operation. This is the best news I have heard in a while. If this attraction turns out to be as good as I think it might be, MGM will get another quality attraction that should help boost attendance.

This attraction could boost MGM to the top of my list of favorite theme parks at WDW.

DDuckFan130

Boo. I'll be sad to see it go. At least I made the hot seat twice :D

Maybe, if things go well, we can make a quick trip up there to see it one more time :(

I'll miss those hosts too. They were great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom