Who Wants to be a Millionaire closing in August

Siege898

Will they be filiming the actual show once more at MGM before the close? I never watched the show much, but when I did, I always liked to see them at WDW.

William Marsden

The posting on June 7 said that a four year time frame was being talked about to build this new attraction. When WDW closes Millionaire, I'd hate to see nothing in its place for FOUR YEARS!

By the way, when are they gonna do something with the Wonders of Life Pavilion? I was looking at disney.com yesterday and Body Wars, Cranium Command and the Making of Me are still listed amoungst the attractions at Epcot. I say that either they should open the attraction back up or build a new one. Nothing makes me angrier (well, almost nothing:lol:) then when the powers that be close an attraction and just let the building sit around for years.

JoeyGuacamole

As a former CM at Millionaire, as much as I'm going to miss it, it seems to be time. Besides special events like Star Wars and ESPN, it's hard to get a full show. Any other Millionaire crew have fond memories of "selling the show" and yelling down Mickey avenue in the rain? It was a fun place to work. All of my freinds would complain about having to sit through the same shows like Mermaid and Sounds Dangerous over and over again, at least I got a little variation in each show.

Indeed, the ones who will feel this the most are the Millionaire cult as we've dubbed them. The ones who are there EVERY show, literally. There was a mother and son team who gave us all birthday cards on the attractions four year anniversary.

I worry about the studios as well. To me, it's such an integral part of the park. On one of my last days in Florida they took me throughout the studios and showed me what was behind all of those locked doors and gates. There's some really interesting stuff.

Although I can't say that the Midway Mania idea sounds great to me, change is good. We'll have to see I guess.

dxwwf3

JoeyGuacamole said:
Indeed, the ones who will feel this the most are the Millionaire cult as we've dubbed them. The ones who are there EVERY show, literally. There was a mother and son team who gave us all birthday cards on the attractions four year anniversary.

I can certainly feel for those people. But, as I've said before, I hope that Midway Mania turns out to be so good that some of those people think it was worth it.

I miss the animation tour and the little film with Robbin Williams getting the part of Peter Pan, them seeing the animators working on the story boards.
Talking of story boards-- I`ve just been to an excellent Pixar exhibition at the Science Museum in London --has any one else been?

fantasmagical

the animation tour used to be one of my favorite things to do. i havent yet been able to bring myself to going into the "changed" animation building, or maybe its just no longer a priority.
I've read about that Pixar exhibit (Pixar: 20 years of Animation). It sounds great. I wish it were still there since i'm going to London this summer. It was also at the Museum of Modern Art early this year. I can't seem to find any info, but does anyone know if it will be moving to somewhere else in the U.S., I'd love to see it.

bpiper

When will the actual last day be? August 18 or August 19.

Allearsnet is reporting that the last day is August 18.:veryconfu

imagineer boy

Lee said:
The point of the park changed when production companies realized that it was a waste of money to ship actors, crew, equipment, etc. to Florida to shoot a film when it could be done much cheaper in L.A. or Vancouver.

That's a shame really. Disney shoud really atleast use the studios for thier own to film things like Disney Channel original movies and things like that. Plus, they could reduce the price of sound stage usage to attract more movie companies to film there. Just a thought.

tink81

fantasmagical said:
the animation tour used to be one of my favorite things to do. i havent yet been able to bring myself to going into the "changed" animation building, or maybe its just no longer a priority.
I've read about that Pixar exhibit (Pixar: 20 years of Animation). It sounds great. I wish it were still there since i'm going to London this summer. It was also at the Museum of Modern Art early this year. I can't seem to find any info, but does anyone know if it will be moving to somewhere else in the U.S., I'd love to see it.

You should try and find some time to take the EuroRail to Paris and visit DLP! Definitely a must see for any Disney fan travelling abroad!

Miss Bell

Boardwalk Joe's said:
Ok, so they're replacing this show...any idea of what theyre gonna do with that horrible experience known as the drew carey sound stage?
I definitely think this should go before Millionaire. It's not that I'm that big a Millionaire fan, but it is not as dated as this.

How difficult would it be to put in a Whose Line Is It Anyway? type show in that Drew Carey space? I think that would have a big draw. It could be set up like Millionaire to have the feel of tv show being shot, to help it fit in with the park theme.

Pete C

Miss Bell said:
How difficult would it be to put in a Whose Line Is It Anyway? type show in that Drew Carey space? I think that would have a big draw. It could be set up like Millionaire to have the feel of tv show being shot, to help it fit in with the park theme.

You know what, that is not a bad idea! Kids and adults would probably like to act out the scenarios and stuff on stage. You would have to combine that with actual comedic talent to make it consistantly funny and worth watching. I bet you a show like that would generate a lot of interest.

MickeyTigg

Since the show has been in sydication for a while now, I've not understood the facination with the attraction...it seems to me that the allure of the show has worn off. Disneyland yanked it a year ago...it was only a matter of time before it got closed down. I'm just suprised it didn't happen sooner.

Scar Junior

I dont know if you know this, but I can see the future. Disney will spend $200 million to refurbish the park and it will be themed to an abandoned hollywood studio. They won't have to do much... the paint will chip, they will not use some studios/sound stages. They will add an attraction or two based off failed Disney movies and TV shows. Everyone will be happy...

PS. I enjoyed millionare but thought it was weak. I look forward to ANY rumor that doesn't include a meet and greet. Sounds Dangerous should go, but so should soooo many other things at the park.

I'm out.

OliveMcFly

The Midway Mania idea sounds cool. I had my fill of Millionaire...it was a good show though. I'm glad to hear they have ideas for the soundstages. I can remember seeing the Mickey Mouse Club on that soundstage...I think atleast. HeHe Thanks for the news Steve.
Scar - I agree with you on Sounds Dangerous. To me it was a quick filler when the last show left. Also, the Indiana Jones Stunt show has losts it's magic. Maybe enclose, expand and lets get MGM the Indiana Jones dark ride from DL.

CaptainMichael

Scar Junior said:
I dont know if you know this, but I can see the future. Disney will spend $200 million to refurbish the park and it will be themed to an abandoned hollywood studio. They won't have to do much... the paint will chip, they will not use some studios/sound stages. They will add an attraction or two based off failed Disney movies and TV shows. Everyone will be happy...
Well, I can't see the future, but I can make an educated guess that the Disney-MGM Studios will soon undergo the Epcot treatment.

CaptainMichael

DisneyGrl85 said:
Also, the Indiana Jones Stunt show has losts it's magic. Maybe enclose, expand and lets get MGM the Indiana Jones dark ride from DL.
It may have lost its magic, but it is still the best stunt show at the studios. A PotC stuntshow would be nice and a good way to continue to cash in on Pirates' box office success.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
STR8FAN2005 said:
It may have lost its magic, but it is still the best stunt show at the studios. A PotC stuntshow would be nice and a good way to continue to cash in on Pirates' box office success.

I agree. Indiana Jones deserves its own attraction or a full fledged miniland. The Stuntshow is getting old and its becoming a waste of space in a park that doesn't have alot of room for expansion anyway.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
It may have lost its magic, but it is still the best stunt show at the studios.

That's a huge understatement. I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark today for the first time (Yeah I know I'm behind :) ) and I have a much greater appreciation for the show now. Not only are the stunts fantastic, but the down times aren't NEARLY as boring as those of LMA. I think that the Indy show should just get a new series of stunts and a new script. I do not think that a total change in theme is really needed.

GothMickey

I just got done watching all three Indiana Jones movies... and I want to say... Dump the stunt show for a ride... That would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom