Whispering Canyon Change

tissandtully

We did WC this past weekend for breakfast and the changes, for all the complaining that is going on right now, seem rather minor. We asked for ketchup and the server basically said that the servers can't yell for ketchup anymore, but the guests can, so they had the whole table yell for ketchup and it got brought over by another table. They still did the pony races, they still did the jail for stealing condiments. Seems like servers are finding ways to get around the new rules.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Recollections and memories are not always accurate and shouldn’t be stated as “fact” unless there is documented written proof.

Moving along to Whispering Canyon Changes......

I remember around 1996 I went to WDW and didn’t spend a dime. Spent 10 days there, it was fantastic. And so so cheap.

I was around 14yo at the time.

WDW was better when everything was free.

GlassHalfFull

I remember laughing with my mom about this after talking to a couple who, like us, were having their first Disney vacation. They admitted they got so confused with all the planning involved they just had a travel agent make up their whole itinerary. They didn't even know the name of the restaurant they were eating at that night! When we asked they just said "uh...Jungle something?". I had to tell them haha. And they didn't know the plans for their next day either. They just looked over everything day of and followed along with the plans. It amazed me.

unfortunately those then are the same people who complain about it seeming too kiddie or too structured

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some of us TA's are. I personally travel to WDW a few times a year and love it as much as anyone. I try to go around to different restaurants and different attractions, check out what's new and what's updated to be on top of any changes for my clients. Outside of an agency like KK where the agents do have a real passion for the resort, and do travel there themselves, I don't know how confident I would be in a TA who has never experienced the destination. Most TA's can book any destination but the experience level definitely matters. I would level with my client if I hadn't been to a particular destination and so may not be the best resource for that trip. Other TA's may not have an interest in the destination but have no problem completing the booking and may not be able to assist the client well on items that may be unique to the destination such as MDX, ADR's FP etc. Marie

Yeah, but how much do you use a TA? I was under the impression that the majority of bookings are done straight to mickeys web page?

...that “problem”
Will continue to diminish to zero in the longterm

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Yeah, but how much do you use a TA? I was under the impression that the majority of bookings are done straight to mickeys web page?

...that “problem”
Will continue to diminish to zero in the longterm
Me personally?? All the time, considering I work for Kingdom Konsultant Travel as a TA. I am not sure about the diminishing to zero, as many people are very happy that they can work with me to guide them through all of the unique items involved in booking a WDW vacation, and for the same price they would have paid for the same trip anyhow. You can certainly find all of the information (and mis-information) by doing a web search but the quality of that information is questionable. Sites like Magic are awesome and usually have the best and most accurate information but that may not be the first thing that comes up that someone clicks on. It takes some level of experience to determine the good info from the bad as well. There are a number of reasons to use a good TA for any up and coming vacation, experience and knowledge being among them. Marie

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Me personally?? All the time, considering I work for Kingdom Konsultant Travel as a TA. I am not sure about the diminishing to zero, as many people are very happy that they can work with me to guide them through all of the unique items involved in booking a WDW vacation, and for the same price they would have paid for the same trip anyhow. You can certainly find all of the information (and mis-information) by doing a web search but the quality of that information is questionable. Sites like Magic are awesome and usually have the best and most accurate information but that may not be the first thing that comes up that someone clicks on. It takes some level of experience to determine the good info from the bad as well. There are a number of reasons to use a good TA for any up and coming vacation, experience and knowledge being among them. Marie

Ahhh...that makes sense then. I always can appreciate the backstory.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Ahhh...that makes sense then. I always can appreciate the backstory.
And actually my experience was one of the big reasons I was invited to join KK. I was Pam's client for many years before signing on as an agent. She knew exactly where I had stayed and what I had done, as she had booked it for me!!! Marie

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And actually my experience was one of the big reasons I was invited to join KK. I was Pam's client for many years before signing on as an agent. She knew exactly where I had stayed and what I had done, as she had booked it for me!!! Marie

My dream second/ side job...if I can get this engineering thing to sputter out 🤔

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Travel agents are like stegosaurus at this point...I wasn’t sure they still existed on the large scale.

I think you have a legitimate concern in bold. It’s the nature of a particular set in many ways.

But @LAKid53 isnt gonna like it 🤭

:rolleyes:

While you're at it, blame DVC for everything else... :bored:

bpiper

We have friends who dined there on Saturday night. They had heard about the changes via the Internet and were expecting the worse but were very surprised when they saw that they were still doing all the activities. When they asked their server about it, he said that they are still allowed to do their activities, but just have to hold the volume down. Doing things like not shouting right at the edge of the restaurant with the lobby and not shouting facing the lobby. He said that management was getting too many complaints about loud noise from the lobby hotel rooms.

The real rescueranger

We have friends who dined there on Saturday night. They had heard about the changes via the Internet and were expecting the worse but were very surprised when they saw that they were still doing all the activities. When they asked their server about it, he said that they are still allowed to do their activities, but just have to hold the volume down. Doing things like not shouting right at the edge of the restaurant with the lobby and not shouting facing the lobby. He said that management was getting too many complaints about loud noise from the lobby hotel rooms.
On another board, one of the reliable sources, a CM, had said that the WL GM had made the change unilaterally and had publicly stated her dislike for WCC. When the abundant cancellations, emails, and complaints started coming in, her superiors must have been alerted and put the antics back. The volume thing is most likely a face saving measure.

Lensman

On another board, one of the reliable sources, a CM, had said that the WL GM had made the change unilaterally and had publicly stated her dislike for WCC. When the abundant cancellations, emails, and complaints started coming in, her superiors must have been alerted and put the antics back. The volume thing is most likely a face saving measure.
Put the GM in chains!
Free the wrongly convicted DVCers!
Ketchup party!

Joebradley62

You're right. I complain because I want something for free. That's it exactly. When I pay Disney $3,000 to spend a week at a resort, I'd like to be able to park my car at the resort. I guess I'm just unreasonable that way.
They are certainly not the first to charge for parking. I am frankly surprised it took this long to start charging.

asianway

Who is Thea, the old Contemporary GM for what, a decade? Presiding over the napkin twirling ad nauseum? I find that hard to believe

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Who is Thea, the old Contemporary GM for what, a decade? Presiding over the napkin twirling ad nauseum? I find that hard to believe

Would being GM of the Contemporary and then being sent to WL be a “demotion” per se? I don’t know how that works but I would imagine that if you’re a GM at a monorail Resort, that seems like you “made it” in the hotel management game at WDW.

Or, do they just move people around all the time based on their skills and where a specific resort may be struggling or need improvement?

asianway

Would being GM of the Contemporary and then being sent to WL be a “demotion” per se? I don’t know how that works but I would imagine that if you’re a GM at a monorail Resort, that seems like you “made it” in the hotel management game at WDW.

Or, do they just move people around all the time based on their skills and where a specific resort may be struggling or need improvement?
Not at all....bringing in someone with more experience to oversee the DVC conversion makes perfect sense. See Phil Holmes at the Studios.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Maybe they sent her across the bayou to straighten out that rowdy bunch at the WL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom