Whispering Canyon cafe:

heartodisney

Jons good... busy as a bee.
I finally have more time to be on the forums, especially with the school year almost over!!!!

WC is alot of fun! And we didn't have as many ketchup bottles as one of the other tables close to us did!!! They had AT LEAST 25 bottles!!!!!! The shakes are really good!!!!
Thanks for the update! I will try the shakes and I know you guys will fill us in on your next trip! :sohappy:

By the way, from what I've heard, they've actually toned down a lot of the antics that go on there now. Too many people have gone in there expecting/requesting the staff to do certain things and because of this, they don't necessarily do it anymore.

slappy magoo

By the way, from what I've heard, they've actually toned down a lot of the antics that go on there now. Too many people have gone in there expecting/requesting the staff to do certain things and because of this, they don't necessarily do it anymore.

Psssst! The wait staff still does all that stuff...they just don't like it when people come in with a check list and expect everything on that list to be done or else, somehow, they didn't get their money's worth. And of course, sometimes waiting on customers takes priority over being performers for the crowds.

Psssst! The wait staff still does all that stuff...they just don't like it when people come in with a check list and expect everything on that list to be done or else, somehow, they didn't get their money's worth. And of course, sometimes waiting on customers takes priority over being performers for the crowds.

Well I have no intention of going back anytime in the near future, if ever so it's irrelevant to me. Having napkins and straws thrown at me the minute I sit down has worn kinda thin. Unless they are going to introduce "hijinx" free dining times, I'll be dining at Kona's even if I stay at the Lodge.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The last time we went was just that, the LAST time. The food was adequate and the service was horrendous. The waiter, when he bothered to serve us, refused to both serve my mother coffee because it was made at the start of the night (we had a late seating) and also refused to make a fresh pot. Also the antics have grown tired and can get to be a bit too much when one is tired from a long day in the parks.

I wish they'd offer some "antic-free" dining time so people could just go and enjoy the restaurant without all the chaos.

We won't be back to WCC anytime in the near future, even if we decide stay at WL again.
Wow. I bet they probably wouldn't mind you not coming back either. I bet you are a jewel to wait on....

I cant wait to take my family there this fall. It is a must. I have to try and decide a night that we will attend though. Just cant wait.

Wow. I bet they probably wouldn't mind you not coming back either. I bet you are a jewel to wait on....

I cant wait to take my family there this fall. It is a must. I have to try and decide a night that we will attend though. Just cant wait.

That was uncalled for. We did nothing wrong for your information accept ask for a cup of coffee with dessert. We did not harrass the non-existent waiter. We didn't complain in the slightest when we were seated in the very back of the restaurant out in the middle of the lobby. We never once complained about the lack luster food and we didn't even complain about the fact that the waiter refused us coffee. So why are you making it seem like we were difficult customers and it was our fault that the waiter refused us coffee?

Oh and by the way, even though we had bad service, the guy still got a tip. Guess we're just really bad people to wait on.

All I was trying to do was give you an opinion that was not all sunshine and roses about the place. Excuse me for trying to show you the other side of the coin. Won't happen again because you obviously only want to hear good things about it. Hope it lives up to your expectations.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That was uncalled for. We did nothing wrong for your information accept ask for a cup of coffee with dessert. We did not harrass the non-existent waiter. We didn't complain in the slightest when we were seated in the very back of the restaurant out in the middle of the lobby. We never once complained about the lack luster food and we didn't even complain about the fact that the waiter refused us coffee. So why are you making it seem like we were difficult customers and it was our fault that the waiter refused us coffee?

Oh and by the way, even though we had bad service, the guy still got a tip. Guess we're just really bad people to wait on.

All I was trying to do was give you an opinion that was not all sunshine and roses about the place. Excuse me for trying to show you the other side of the coin. Won't happen again because you obviously only want to hear good things about it. Hope it lives up to your expectations.
Dedgum'..... Calm down.

I was halfway joking. I meant that, if you dont like the antics of the place, I bet yall are a lot of fun to be waited on since it would be like a comic doing stand-up with no participation from the audience. In other words, when you ask for a straw and you get 20 thrown at you, I bet you dont laugh it off... especially after a long day in the park.

:wave:

dreamscometrue

Well I have no intention of going back anytime in the near future, if ever so it's irrelevant to me. Having napkins and straws thrown at me the minute I sit down has worn kinda thin. Unless they are going to introduce "hijinx" free dining times, I'll be dining at Kona's even if I stay at the Lodge.

I doubt they'll miss you.

It's a themed dining place...you know, like the 50's Prime Time. Get a sense of humor or do a bit of research next time.

wvdisneyfamily

The food is very good. It is not gourmet but more homestyle. The milkshakes are good. Don't expect a quiet meal. Be sure to get a large drink because of the refills that come with it.

disneysroyal411

I hate it there!! It was so loud, they call attention to you, and it all just annoyed! I was Like 11 at the time maybe 10 or 12 but all mind sets were still the same. I didn't like screaming for ketchup or having to take it to people. Truly not a Disney dining experience to me. I go to Disney sit downs for a relaxing time separate from the parks with exquisite foods like Jiko and Kona Cafe. This is all in my humble opinion. If your going to quote, please only do it for agreeable reasons.

AliceinWhoville

I've never been there, but we do have ADR for dinner when we go in May..

I hate attention called to myself, but the whole ketchup thing amuses me. I will be sure to be yelling out for Ketchup, love to see the face my dd makes, and maybe my mothers too lololol I havent told them about this.

A coworker told me on her honeymoon they made her husband get up with a bunch of other men and sing twinkle twinkle little star & act it out. lol He hated it, i havent seen anyone else mention that.

I doubt they'll miss you.

It's a themed dining place...you know, like the 50's Prime Time. Get a sense of humor or do a bit of research next time.

We used to eat there every time we stayed at WL, which was 5 or 6 stays and it was usually 2 or 3 dinners/breakfasts a stay. We knew exactly what to expect but the last meal was terrible, mainly due to the poor service we received. I don't care if it's the start of the night or the end of the night. If we ask for a simple cup of coffee, then I expect to get a simple cup of coffee without being told that it's too much trouble to brew a new pot.

I hate it there!! It was so loud, they call attention to you, and it all just annoyed! I was Like 11 at the time maybe 10 or 12 but all mind sets were still the same. I didn't like screaming for ketchup or having to take it to people. Truly not a Disney dining experience to me. I go to Disney sit downs for a relaxing time separate from the parks with exquisite foods like Jiko and Kona Cafe. This is all in my humble opinion. If your going to quote, please only do it for agreeable reasons.

I'm with you. That's the point I was trying to get across and I've gotten slammed for it numerous times. Like you, we won't be returning anytime soon.

DanStat

It's fun. We've been there for breakfast and dinner and both times we had really great CMs. If you don't like drawing attention to yourself or if you're shy, this is not the place for you! The all-you-can-eat skillets are very good. And so are the milkshakes!

lilclerk

I think the loud factor depends heavily on the time of day and how busy the restaurant is. We went for lunch in early December last year and, while the waitress was really hamming it up and we had a good time, there was no yelling for ketchup or getting up to sing. They did have little kids ride around on "horses" while we swung our napkins like lassoos. It was also not busy at all, we got right in with no wait and there were lots of empty tables.
We found dinner at 50s Prime Time to be louder and more interactive.

I did really enjoy the meal there, and I love themed atmospheres where they have you get in on the act. Plus, I mean, bottomless milkshakes. Come on. :slurp:

nibblesandbits

We used to eat there every time we stayed at WL, which was 5 or 6 stays and it was usually 2 or 3 dinners/breakfasts a stay. We knew exactly what to expect but the last meal was terrible, mainly due to the poor service we received. I don't care if it's the start of the night or the end of the night. If we ask for a simple cup of coffee, then I expect to get a simple cup of coffee without being told that it's too much trouble to brew a new pot.
A couple of questions for you...well, one question and a few comments...

I'm not saying that it's the case, but maybe, food-wise, they were having an off night. If you've enjoyed it before...it is possible that one night, things could be off and if you would have gone the next night, things may have been enjoyable.

Second, I'm sure if you would have let the waitstaff know that you were just there to eat, not there for the antics, they may have respected your wishes and let you eat in peace...I'm not saying that the rest of the restaurant wouldn't have been boisterous, but at least you maybe could have had a quieter meal, if you'd maybe asked for it. I know they do this for character meals...if you seem less than interested in meeting the characters, they stop by maybe, but more than likely leave you quickly.

My question is, if you wanted the coffee and the waiter didn't want to bring it to you, for whatever reason that may be...why didn't you ask to speak with the manager about the situation? That way, the problem would have been brought up to their attention and something maybe could have been done about it...like you maybe would have gotten coffee? I'm not one who complains at restaurants, but if I believe something is wrong with the way I'm treated (which doesn't happen often), I will let the manager know about it.

I'm sorry you feel that this restaurant isn't up to snuff for your family anymore. I enjoy it for what it is...a more fun sit-down meal....nothing more, and nothing less. But not every meal is for every one...personally, I have no real desire to go to the California Grill, despite the fact that it's one of the premiere restaurants on property...so to each his own. It just seems like you're basing your decision not to go back based off of one meal...maybe by trying it again, you may end up finding out it is still an enjoyable meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom