Whispering Canyon cafe:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
When we had our ADR there it was RIGHT at the start of dinner. The place was pretty empty. We really didn't get a "show" if you will. I really didn't care about that though. The food was very dry. I don't know if we had leftovers from the day before or whatever but it was definitely the worst meal of our trip in 08. All 4 of us felt the same about the meal.

So based on that if you do go...make sure your ADR is well after dinner starts so at least you get a good bit of entertainment.

LeafsFanNL

I had two breakfasts and a dinner there on our trip the first week of april. The service was very good, the people were a hoot and the food was very good indeed. Try the steak suppertime, and the Beef Brisket Eggs Benedict was fantastic.

I'd go there over Artists Point even if both places cost the same.

HB

MagicMegan

Heh... maybe I should stop throwing straws at my tables...

Anywho, I used to love it there when I was younger. Mostly back then I didn't care about the food at all. Now a days we always seemd to get the skillet because it was just the thing we always did there, and the food isn't great. It's your normal bbq you can get anywhere. Some of the stuff is funny... they bring you a kid's cup if you spill your drink. But I'm not a huge fan.

Disneykidder

We went there on our last trip. It was myself, dh, ds4 and dn14. Each one of us loved it. It was funny and the food was delicious. There wasn't much of a selection but what was there was awesome. it was down home cooking. I knew some of the jokes ahead of time so I asked my family to ask the servers for some things and it was hilarious!!

Mulan

I recently went with a large group of 10 undergraduate seniors and graduate students. We all had a great time at WC, but I really believe it is the quality of the server that you get. My boyfriend & I went for the first time March 2009 - they put us in the far back. Our server was awful - and she didn't bring all the ketchup over.

This time, with such a fun group, I think our server could tell that we wanted the full WC experience. We rode around on the horses reserved for children. It was embarassing that our table alone seemed louder than the main room in WC. Oh well. Made for a great time :)

I'd definitely recommend it - especially if you're in the mood for "home-style" cooking.

ukhoops

Taking Nephew

I have eaten at WC the past 3 times I went to WDW. I'm taking my nephew there to celebrate his birthday in June. He loves ketchup on everything so I'm making sure he asks for ketchup. I have arranged to celebrate his birthday here and I can't wait to see the expression on his face when the CMs announce his birthday. I made are ADR for 7:30 pm so we can hang around and see the Electric Parade on the lake.:sohappy:

ThinkTink721

We all loved it!...Including our 3 kids.
Great service, great food, & a great atmosphere!!!
I would definitely recommend this one! :wave:

MouseRight

We like to go to WCC when we are in the mood for a little fun with our meal. Each expereince is obviously different, depending on the server, crowd, etc. I have found that if you respond well to the Server's first attempt at having fun, then they may pile it on. Although their main job is serving the meal, they are also performers. Who doesn't want to perform for an apprecaitive audience.

My major caveat is if you want to have fun with your meal, don't let them put you in the back section in the lobby. You will miss out on most of the fun.

If you have Children, they will have fun here at WCC. How many restaurants let Children be children as well as letting the child in the adults come out. However, if you want children to have a relaxing place to wind down before heading back to your room, this is not the place.

Also, ask for a Pepsi! :) (Remember, WDW serves only Coca Cola products).

By the way, WCC has the best Corn Bread we have ever tasted. We found the recipe online and my wife makes it at home. Good Stuff!

ThinkTink721

I've never been there, but we do have ADR for dinner when we go in May..

I hate attention called to myself, but the whole ketchup thing amuses me. I will be sure to be yelling out for Ketchup, love to see the face my dd makes, and maybe my mothers too lololol I havent told them about this.

A coworker told me on her honeymoon they made her husband get up with a bunch of other men and sing twinkle twinkle little star & act it out. lol He hated it, i havent seen anyone else mention that.

Just don't drop your fork & ask for another one!!! :D :p :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom