Which one of these countries would you like to see added to WS?

Which Country would you pick?

• Egypt

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Ireland

Votes: 22 10.6%
  • Iceland

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 33 15.9%
  • Greece

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • Brazil

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 40 19.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Dubai

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Panama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ecuador

• Greenland

• Israel

• Argentina

• Denmark

• Czech Republic

• Other

• Total voters

imagineer boy

Australia should be built at AK, not WS. For one thing, its not a very architecturally distinct country from all the others, but its animal diversity would make it very welcome at AK.

eddiemcgarrigle

You forgot the country that helped make America -

SCOTLAND

Don't give me any of that "you've already got the United Kingdom' as that part of World Showcase hardly represents Scotland at all, if at all. The United Kingdom area is basically a representation of London with a smattering of Liverpool with the Beatles band. Where are the castles, the sweeping glens, the Highland warriors, the tales of the innovation of the Scottish inventors, the tales of Scottish explorers, Scotland's oil boom (although it's been stolen by Westminster), the fishing industry and Nessie? Wouldn't Nessie make for a interesting dark ride or maybe a ride with daring escapes from English Redcoats? Disney could also make a small fortune helping people research their Scottish surnames and clan tartan.

The Norway section of World Showcase is more akin to Scotland than the United Kingdom area could ever be.

Jedeye80

Got to be Greece for me, u could have a mount Olympus ride going down into the underworld where hades from Hercules could be, the history is rich the food beautiful everything a pavilion wants, Egypt is a close second.

stuart

You forgot the country that helped make America -

SCOTLAND

Don't give me any of that "you've already got the United Kingdom' as that part of World Showcase hardly represents Scotland at all, if at all. The United Kingdom area is basically a representation of London with a smattering of Liverpool with the Beatles band. Where are the castles, the sweeping glens, the Highland warriors, the tales of the innovation of the Scottish inventors, the tales of Scottish explorers, Scotland's oil boom (although it's been stolen by Westminster), the fishing industry and Nessie? Wouldn't Nessie make for a interesting dark ride or maybe a ride with daring escapes from English Redcoats? Disney could also make a small fortune helping people research their Scottish surnames and clan tartan.

The Norway section of World Showcase is more akin to Scotland than the United Kingdom area could ever be.

We managed to get some of that in Millennium Village in 2000. There isnt much you could say is depictive of Wales or Northern Ireland either. For bagpipes which is one thing you could say is scottish - see off kilter - good few scottish tunes and Scotland the Brave belted out quite often. I would quite happily see highland dancing been done around the UK part.

Oh if only they had Millennium Village still and the countries there

Greece for me because of the food and culture. I grew up with Greek best friends and I have a Greek grandma who comes to visit us in Texas when my parents come. She cooks and has shown my wife how to cook Greek. It's just heaven to me eating the food from that country.

Slipknot

Poland. My late grandmother, mom's side, escaped Poland, but lost her entire family, when the Nazis invaded the country. If she hadn't, I wouldn't be here today.

I can't just chose one, so I had to chose a few. (Okay, I pretty much picked all of them, but I love them all)

First off, I voted for Greece. As a history geek myself, I can imagine all of the fascinating things that Disney could do with a Greek exhibit. The Parthenon, anyone? The Greeks have so much fantastic history. They have played a huge part in the history of the Western World, influencing Rome and Northern Africa and Europe. Though Epcot isn't exactly known for their historical references (Would I be the only person who would love a history exhibit in Italy? Anyone? Anyone?) I could see a lot of good things happening with Greece.

My second choice would probably have to be Australia. There is absolutely no representation on that entire continet. Some have been arguing that it is better represented in the AK, but I have to disagree. While much of Australia is wild, it's not like the aborigine people haven't lived there for many years. Not only that, but the way Australia compares to other countries is quite similar to America's obvious ties to England, but Australia is its own unique manner. They could show the Sidney Opera House or Ayers Rock. I could also argue New Zealand, but I won't get into that.

My third choice would have to be Russia. Russia, the large and mighty country that she is, has played a role in world affairs for thousands of years. (I did just watch a four hour history show about the history of it, so that's what might be talking.) Russia has a cultural history that is so fascinating, and it is the largest country in the world. Not only that, but the architecture is beautiful. I could easily see St. Basil's Cathedral or a combination of that with Red Square as the icon. They could incorporate the Kremlin or some mix of those symbols. With tensions with Russia lessening, I would love to Russia as a country in WS.

Okay, my next choice would be some South American country. I really wouldn't care the actual country, but I think that that whole area needs to be represented. I don't know a lot of South American history, after the fall of the Incan Empire (I prefer farther back history- the older, the better) but I think that such an exhibit is needed.

This next choice is highly bias and isn't a choice on here, but I would love to see a Romania country. I just watched something about Romania and Dracula. I know that putting something like that in would be very out of character for pure, innocent Disney, but I think one of Vlad Dracula's castles would be so cool. Romania has had an interesting history. It's always been between two worlds, whether it be the Hungarian Empire and the Ottaman Empire or the Western democracies and the Eastern communists, so it has a unique blend of cultures. I think that one of Vlad Dracula's castles or something of that nature would be very interesting, though I could NEVER imagine Disney going for something like that. There was a reason Vlad was known as "the Impaler" so that wouldn't be as sickly sweet as the other countries' looks, but I digress. It would be interesting.

Okay, I'm finally done rambling. Honestly, I'm not sure why I wrote that. We all know that WS isn't going to add another country for a long time, if ever, but I can't help but be hopeful.

Other contenders for my list (and very nearly made it) were Spain and Egypt. I would love to see both of those countries, especially Egypt. The pyramids and the sphinx could be an excellent addition to the Epcot family.

EPCOTPluto

(Would I be the only person who would love a history exhibit in Italy? Anyone? Anyone?)
I would love for something like the ruins of the Colosseum, for example, where that brick wall ends by Tutto Italia. Move that DTD statue some few feet away for additional space if needed! They could do so much, but...:brick:

While much of Australia is wild, it's not like the Aborigine people haven't lived there for many years. Not only that, but the way Australia compares to other countries is quite similar to America's obvious ties to England, but Australia is its own unique manner.
I know last year's Food & Wine Festival featured an Australia section. It does look promising should DAK not take Australia first. :) I would love to see the Opera House recreated. But NO FINDING NEMO WHATSOEVER. Please! Make it cartoon-free Australia! :mad:

Russia has a cultural history that is so fascinating, and it is the largest country in the world. Not only that, but the architecture is beautiful. I could easily see St. Basil's Cathedral or a combination of that with Red Square as the icon.
Russia is my main choice for next WS pavilion as well. I mean, in one of the Ports of Entry shops,a diorama of Russia exists!
Plus, it has been planned since 1990, I wish this would be the first.

This next choice is highly bias and isn't a choice on here, but I would love to see a Romania country. I just watched something about Romania and Dracula. I know that putting something like that in would be very out of character for pure, innocent Disney, but I think one of Vlad Dracula's castles would be so cool.
I can easily imagine a dark boat ride that takes you under Dracula's castle...Great idea! :)

eddiemcgarrigle

We managed to get some of that in Millennium Village in 2000. There isnt much you could say is depictive of Wales or Northern Ireland either. For bagpipes which is one thing you could say is scottish - see off kilter - good few scottish tunes and Scotland the Brave belted out quite often. I would quite happily see highland dancing been done around the UK part.

Oh if only they had Millennium Village still and the countries there

Yep, the Millenium Village was nice and it was a pleasant surprise to have a chat with three CM's who just happened to grown uo in the same area of Glasgow as me.

Maybe Scotland needs a special mention at World Showcase on account of our part in making America the country that it is today.

Taken from another site -

When the United States were first formed and the thirteen states selected their first governors, nine were of Scottish ancestry.
All the members of the first American cabinet had Scottish ancestry.
Nearly half of the Secretaries of the US Treasury and one third of the Secretaries of State have been of Scots origin.
There are eight Aberdeens, eight Edinburghs, seven Glasgows and eight places simply known as Scotland, in the United States today.
The first American Secretary of War was a Scot named General Henry Knox, he was appointed in 1785.
John Paul (alias John Paul Jones) was a Scotsman, and founder of the U.S. Navy.
James Pollock (1810-90), responsible for putting "In God We Trust" on the US coinage, was of Scottish descent.

A quote from Woodrow Wilson, "Every line of strength in American history is a line colored with Scottish blood.

I'll finish with a quote from George Washington at Valley Forge - "If all else fails, I will retreat up the valley of Virginia, plant my flag on the Blue Ridge, rally around the Scotch-Irish of that region and make my last stand for liberty amongst a people who will never submit to British tyranny whilst there is a man left to draw a trigger."

In the grand scale of things, we are a tiny country but we have made a massive impact on the world stage and as such, I believe we deserve a place of honour at World Showcase.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm pretty sure the topic has been discussed repeatedly.:lookaroun

Anyway, my vote's for Egypt, Greece and Russia, as always.

Those would be among my top choices, along with Turkey, Thailand and maybe India.

While all countries have unique features, I base my selection on exotic/unique architecture and food.

Just my opinion, but I don't see that offered from places like Australia, New Zealand, Brazil etc. Places like Poland, Ireland, Switzerland etc. have unique features but are not drastically different from some of the offerings already present.

While Israel would be a nice addition, and in fact had been announced years ago as a planned addition, unfortunately the political focus it might cause (even though the whole premise of WS is apolitical) could be a problem.

The Disney Kid

Yep, the Millenium Village was nice and it was a pleasant surprise to have a chat with three CM's who just happened to grown uo in the same area of Glasgow as me.

Maybe Scotland needs a special mention at World Showcase on account of our part in making America the country that it is today.

Taken from another site -

When the United States were first formed and the thirteen states selected their first governors, nine were of Scottish ancestry.
All the members of the first American cabinet had Scottish ancestry.
Nearly half of the Secretaries of the US Treasury and one third of the Secretaries of State have been of Scots origin.
There are eight Aberdeens, eight Edinburghs, seven Glasgows and eight places simply known as Scotland, in the United States today.
The first American Secretary of War was a Scot named General Henry Knox, he was appointed in 1785.
John Paul (alias John Paul Jones) was a Scotsman, and founder of the U.S. Navy.
James Pollock (1810-90), responsible for putting "In God We Trust" on the US coinage, was of Scottish descent.

A quote from Woodrow Wilson, "Every line of strength in American history is a line colored with Scottish blood.

I'll finish with a quote from George Washington at Valley Forge - "If all else fails, I will retreat up the valley of Virginia, plant my flag on the Blue Ridge, rally around the Scotch-Irish of that region and make my last stand for liberty amongst a people who will never submit to British tyranny whilst there is a man left to draw a trigger."

In the grand scale of things, we are a tiny country but we have made a massive impact on the world stage and as such, I believe we deserve a place of honour at World Showcase.

I'm sold!!!

tare

Greece and egypt i think the ride possibilities could be awesome and they should also add rides to the existing countries--the films are BORING!!!!!!!!!

Midnight Mouse

Such a hard decision because all the countries named have something to offer! :rolleyes:
I voted for Egypt because I visited there and it was fabulous! The people were awesome, the food fantastic and ancient architecture indescribable (the shopping wasn't bad either!). It would make a fantastic ride (perhaps down the Nile in either "time travel" to ancient times or as a turn of the 20th century person who "wintered" there?)
Though I have to say Greece with the Hercules tie-in and the mythology/architecture would be among my top wishes, as well as Russia and Spain.
I believe a South America should be represented somehow, after all it is a pretty large continent and has many diffent cultures, climate and cuisine.
On a side bar, I know that this isn't a country (and maybe I missed it somewhere), do you think maybe Disney should add a exhibit about Native American's contributions/culture to the American pavilion? And I'm not trying to create controversy with this, but I thought it would be nice to acknowledge Native American contributions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom