Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Disney World

Votes: 96 84.2%
  • both equally

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I never put any thought into this but last summer I was talking to someone who said after they visited Disneyland and after that Disney World never felt the same again. They said Disney World felt more like a money making copy of the original park. They said Disney World felt more commercial and businesslike. I cant see how but I guess when you think about it Disneyland was designed by Walt Disney himself and he was actually there in person.

Matt and Kelly

I voted both as well. I enjoy both equally. Certainly more to do in WDW but I love the feel of DL and the fact that both parks are within arms reach of each other.

stratman50th

It's been a long time since I've been to DL, but I enjoyed it very much. I like the Haunted Mansion in DL better, as well as PoC! That being said though, DL is a day park, lots of fun, but WDW is a destination. I can justify driving for 15 hours to WDW to stay a week, but I can't see flying for 5 hours at a cost greater than my car trip just to see a day park. I can't think of what I would do for a week in Cali that would justify the expense. Amost forgot about California Adventure. Never been there, but from what I've seen, I don't really "have" to go. Besides, isn't that a day park also?
I'm not putting DL down, it's just that I have a park on my coast that I can fill in a week at.

epcotWSC

Never been to DL, but I couldn't imagine spending more than a couple days in DL whereas I can spend weeks in WDW.

Gojira ゴジラ

What I really like about DL is that the parks are separated within a walking distance.

But the parks are relatively small. I usually go there for just 2 nights.

TakeMeThere81

This question is like asking me which of my children I love the most. LOL They both rock!! I personally like that WDW is spread out and has all of the great resorts. You can stay at WDW much longer and still not see it all, I love that. However, Disneyland has its own personality, it's own charm and is so great too!

lbrad

I have been to DL once....loved it!!!!
BUT no need to go back...WDW is a 2 hour flight/15 hour drive away with sooo much more to see & do :)

Edeyore

I never put any thought into this but last summer I was talking to someone who said after they visited Disneyland and after that Disney World never felt the same again. They said Disney World felt more like a money s__________g copy of the original park. They said Disney World felt more commercial and businesslike. I cant see how but I guess when you think about it Disneyland was designed by Walt Disney himself and he was actually there in person.

I would like to buy a vowel.

Hot4Hudgens

I really enjoyed DL when I visited in '09 and loved the fact that EVERYTHING was in walking distance from eachother - hotels, parks, DTD - BUT Disney WORLD feels, literally, like a world of its own. You're there, get submerged with all the sights and sounds, and once you leave it's like you're in a foreign country - like you've traveled through a portal or something. You want to go back. DL? Like I said, liked it a lot and the fact that it's the original is nothing to shrug off, but there's something to the illusion that you're in a different world in WDW as opposed to being atop the Ferris Wheel in DCA and pointing out the Denny's across the street.

OklaHoops

Best Park

WDW is by far the best since the outside world has not crept into its view. Don't get me wrong Disneyland is a great park but WDW is its own land without distractions.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Clever Name

Remember that Walt himself was not happy with Disneyland. He built it as a prototype and realized after it was done that he had made too many mistakes. The mistake most often mentioned is seeing costumed CM’s out of place (i.e. a cowboy in Tomorrowland). There were many other mistakes including the small size of Disneyland. When Walt looked into purchasing additional property in the Anaheim area, he was dissuaded by the cost. For all practical purposes, Walt had really lost interest in Disneyland and chalked it off as a mistake. He moved on to other things such as the World’s Fair and The Florida Project.

MrsHarvie08

I've been to DL once, and I really enjoyed myself. But WDW is my park of choice. I've spent 20 years making memories with my family at Disney World; I only spent 48 hours at DL. It doesn't hurt that I'm within driving distance of WDW. If I leave my house by 6 AM, I can be on Space Mountain by 4 PM.

TP2000

DL? Like I said, liked it a lot and the fact that it's the original is nothing to shrug off, but there's something to the illusion that you're in a different world in WDW as opposed to being atop the Ferris Wheel in DCA and pointing out the Denny's across the street.

You can NOT see Denny's across the street from atop Mickey's Fun Wheel in DCA! That's a Coco's you see across the street. :lol:

zurgandfriend

I’ve been to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland many times over the years.

The first time I visited Disneyland it was the greatest experience of my life; granted I was 9 years old and it was during the Eisenhower administration.

Moving ahead 50 years:

When I visit Walt Disney World now it is akin to an adventure as there is so much to see, do and explore between the parks, water parks, resorts, restaurants, golf, and all the other recreational activities I can’t see and do it all in a week long visit.

When I visit Disneyland and California Adventure now it is enjoyable but it reminds me of visiting Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. It is a day and a half visit, entertaining but not overwhelming.

As always just my opinion.

sublimesting

It's been a long time since I've been to DL, but I enjoyed it very much. I like the Haunted Mansion in DL better, as well as PoC! That being said though, DL is a day park, lots of fun, but WDW is a destination. I can justify driving for 15 hours to WDW to stay a week, but I can't see flying for 5 hours at a cost greater than my car trip just to see a day park. I can't think of what I would do for a week in Cali that would justify the expense. Amost forgot about California Adventure. Never been there, but from what I've seen, I don't really "have" to go. Besides, isn't that a day park also?
I'm not putting DL down, it's just that I have a park on my coast that I can fill in a week at.

I agree. Disney World is an immersive destination where I can forget the world for weeks at a time. Disney Land is not. That is the magical difference to me.

Silver Figment

Not to put down DL or anything but at WDW you have so much more to do and it's a lot easier to make a full vacation out of a trip. Traveling seems more worth it when theres so much more to do. Of course with that in mind, if you live close to DL the traveling may not be a concern; but i live in New York and i'd much rather drive down the coast and spend a week at WDw than fly across te country to spend a couple days at DL. I think a lot of has to do with where you live. These are just my opinions of course.

Supergirl7710

I never put any thought into this but last summer I was talking to someone who said after they visited Disneyland and after that Disney World never felt the same again. They said Disney World felt more like a money making copy of the original park. They said Disney World felt more commercial and businesslike. I cant see how but I guess when you think about it Disneyland was designed by Walt Disney himself and he was actually there in person.

However, Walt was present for the beginning of the creation of WDW, he just didn't live to see it completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom