• Disneyland

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Disney World

Votes: 96 84.2%
  • both equally

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

Mickey_777

They both have thier positives and negatives which have been discussed over, and over, and over again in this forum. But it recently occured to me how Disney World seems more exclusive. Saying "I went to Disney World" sounds more special than "I went to Disneyland", to me. Also the fact that DL is more of a locals park where they get to go all the time, makes a trip to WDW more of an event. A true vacation. A trip of lifetime for most people. When I factor the exclusive aspect, WDW takes it by a nose. DL has a lot going for it though and I truly wish to visit again soon.

captainkidd

This thread is a bit disheartening to me. We're WDW veterans, and are going to Disneyland next year for the 1st time. Since it will probably be a one time thing, we're going for 2 weeks. We plan on spending 6 days at Disneyland parks, hitting Legoland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal, Six Flags.

Mickey_777

This thread is a bit disheartening to me. We're WDW veterans, and are going to Disneyland next year for the 1st time. Since it will probably be a one time thing, we're going for 2 weeks. We plan on spending 6 days at Disneyland parks, hitting Legoland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal, Six Flags.

Don't worry. WDW loyalists all have a great time at DL...they just don't come back "converted". You'll have a great time and want to return someday.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
However, Walt was present for the beginning of the creation of WDW, he just didn't live to see it completed.

Didn't know that, when I was little I always kept an eye out to see if I would spot Walt Disney LOL. I didn't know he was long gone.

They both have thier positives and negatives which have been discussed over, and over, and over again in this forum. But it recently occured to me how Disney World seems more exclusive. Saying "I went to Disney World" sounds more special than "I went to Disneyland", to me. Also the fact that DL is more of a locals park where they get to go all the time, makes a trip to WDW more of an event. A true vacation. A trip of lifetime for most people. When I factor the exclusive aspect, WDW takes it by a nose. DL has a lot going for it though and I truly wish to visit again soon.

My once in a life time destination is Tokyo Disneyland. I also want to visit Disneyland and visit a couple of places in california while i'm at it.

Krack

When I was a kid, WDW was the greatest thing in the world to me. Now as an adult, DL represents (to me) what WDW was, more than WDW currently does. And I don't even pretend to like DCA. But the DL park is the only domestic park, imo, that still "gets it". When I visit Epcot and DHS, I often find myself saddened that EPCOT and MGM aren't there. MK is still great, but even there I find myself annoyed by certain things (SGE, UNM, the entirety of Main Street USA); I never have that issue at DL.

fredtom

You should have a lot of fun seeing all those southern California attractions. My advice to you would be to visit DLR last. Otherwise, you risk the chance of being a bit disappointed with the others if you go to DLR first.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Chrononymous

Being in the middle of the country, I have visited both many times.

And I know I am in the minority...but I adore DL.

Over the years, Disneyland gets more magical, more creative, more cutting edge, more innovative, more interesting. And I haven't really felt that about WDW in a while.

Sure, WDW has more immersion, more property, more beautiful resorts.

But there is somehting more at DL, that just feels authentic to me.

LinaBelle

I haven't been to Disneyland in about 10 years, but when I was there, I had a blast. I loved the fact that everything was within walking distance and it was all just so cute to look at. I just don't like how it's situated in the middle of a city and that takes away a lot from the scenery. Other than that, I love DL.

I've been going to Disney World ever since I was 2 and it feels like my second home. I never get tired of going there and it's literally its own world. You feel secluded and you have such beautiful sights and resorts. It's the perfect place for a vacation and the minimum to stay is a week, where Disneyland is only a few days the most. Both resorts have their pros and cons, but in the end, I love both. :)

lax3358

Both parks are great for their own special reasons. Obviously, Disney World is much larger. I enjoy both and frequent both. However, my vote is Disney World for one simple reason....EPCOT. Whenever we are in Disneyland I always tell my wife as we are leaving the Magic Kingdom that I wish we were going to EPCOT tomorrow or wouldn't it be nice to go to EPCOT for dinner tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom