Where's Mickey?

NASAMan

Even though this was an extremely old thread, there are still some questions to be answered.

1) Mickey, or any other character, may only be SEEN at (or from) one location. If you arre on Main Street and see Mickey in the Parade, you will not be able to SEE him anywhere else. If you go back to Toontown to see him, you will not be able to SEE him anywhere else. If you are on the Monorail, you can watch Mickey at the Contemporary Breakfast, but you will not SEE him anywhere else. Get the idea now?

2) Mickey does not carry any electrical items while greating guests. He has no proximity alarm, earpiece or cooling fan. I mean, look how well tailored his outfit is: no unsightly bulges!

3) The characters get hot on hot days, but you will never see them sweat. It may cause their colors to run! SO don't ask "Is it hot in there?" because the answer is "No, it is hot OUT HERE!" Instead, offer the encouragement to "Keep cool!"

4) Each character has several pairs of shoes (Minnie has enough to wear a new pair every day of the year). Some are less worn than others and may cause the character to appear shorter than expected.

5) You might be able to convince yourself that there are people 'helping' those characters out, but that would be denying some of the magic that the Disney Cast tries so hard to provide. What characters like best is someone who calls them by name, looks them in the eye, gives a hug (when appropriate) and enjoys the experience.

Princesses - well they are a different story (but hugs are still nice!) :)

MKCustodial

NASAMan said:
Even though this was an extremely old thread, there are still some questions to be answered.

1) Mickey, or any other character, may only be SEEN at (or from) one location. If you arre on Main Street and see Mickey in the Parade, you will not be able to SEE him anywhere else. If you go back to Toontown to see him, you will not be able to SEE him anywhere else. If you are on the Monorail, you can watch Mickey at the Contemporary Breakfast, but you will not SEE him anywhere else. Get the idea now?

2) Mickey does not carry any electrical items while greating guests. He has no proximity alarm, earpiece or cooling fan. I mean, look how well tailored his outfit is: no unsightly bulges!

3) The characters get hot on hot days, but you will never see them sweat. It may cause their colors to run! SO don't ask "Is it hot in there?" because the answer is "No, it is hot OUT HERE!" Instead, offer the encouragement to "Keep cool!"

4) Each character has several pairs of shoes (Minnie has enough to wear a new pair every day of the year). Some are less worn than others and may cause the character to appear shorter than expected.

5) You might be able to convince yourself that there are people 'helping' those characters out, but that would be denying some of the magic that the Disney Cast tries so hard to provide. What characters like best is someone who calls them by name, looks them in the eye, gives a hug (when appropriate) and enjoys the experience.

Very well said. Baloo and Louie used to get a kick outta me during my Custodial days. Whenever I was at Adventureland and they were around, I'd shout "Hi, Papa Bear" and "How's it hanging, cuz'?", and they'd both jump with joy. It sure is nice when characters remember the little bits that made them famous in the movies and TV series.

WDWKat26

NASAMan said:

You rock my world :)

I hate that question, "Is it hot in there? Because we're really hot out here!" You just want to be like "Yeah, thanks." I love encouragement, and people actually knowing who i'm friends with that day.

My favorite? Being friends with Prince John and having people coming up going, "PJ, Where's your MOMMY????" as Prince John proceeds to suck his thumb ;)

joanna71985

WDWKat26 said:
You rock my world :)

I hate that question, "Is it hot in there? Because we're really hot out here!" You just want to be like "Yeah, thanks." I love encouragement, and people actually knowing who i'm friends with that day.

My favorite? Being friends with Prince John and having people coming up going, "PJ, Where's your MOMMY????" as Prince John proceeds to suck his thumb ;)

I have gotten that question several times now, as well as "is there AC in there?". I want to say "you morons! What do you think?!".:brick: Of course, that would not be very Disney-like of me.:lookaroun

WDWKat26

joanna71985 said:
I have gotten that question several times now, as well as "is there AC in there?". I want to say "you morons! What do you think?!".:brick: Of course, that would not be very Disney-like of me.:lookaroun

You know, along with the maps and times guides, they should give out "Character Interaction Guides". It'll have things on there that people should know when they come up to a character for a meet and greet. Things like having your cameras and books ready, actually knowing who the character is, not asking questions such as "Is that costume warm?" and/or "Where do you see out of?" and where you can find each and every character for that week.

drew81

WDWKat26 said:
You know, along with the maps and times guides, they should give out "Character Interaction Guides". It'll have things on there that people should know when they come up to a character for a meet and greet. Things like having your cameras and books ready, actually knowing who the character is, not asking questions such as "Is that costume warm?" and/or "Where do you see out of?" and where you can find each and every character for that week.

No kidding!!! Good idea!!! Most guests wouldn't even read it. There could be a sign right in front of them and they'll still ask.

drew81

joanna71985 said:

I've said things to people that are rude to the characters before and I've stood up for the characters before. When I was at Disneyland last summer I stood up for Mickey after he got drilled in the back of the head. Mickey really appreciated it and he stopped for me to get a picture and wouldn't let any other guests get a picture and I got to walk him off set.

MKCustodial

drew smith said:
No kidding!!! Good idea!!! Most guests wouldn't even read it. There could be a sign right in front of them and they'll still ask.

Just like there's no real reason to tell people not to tackle, hit or otherwise be rude to characters, and they'd still do it just for the "fun" of it.

drew81

MKCustodial said:
Just like there's no real reason to tell people not to tackle, hit or otherwise be rude to characters, and they'd still do it just for the "fun" of it.

I agree. It makes me mad to even hear about things like this. Those are the type of guests that should be banned from ever coming into a Disney park.

withasmile

NASAMan said:

actually when i was in at WDW last summer i was in frointerland and saw the country bears and i was heading towards tomorrowland and cut across in front of the castle and they were there too, which i thought was weird. it only took like 3 minutes to go from where we were in frointerland to the front of the castle.

joanna71985

WDWKat26 said:

That's a great idea.

drew smith said:

So true! I was working in Liberty Square at the boat dock. There was a sign saying that the riverboat is being refurbished, and people still asked if the boat was running. Good grief!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom