Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , I may have mentioned in the past that there are 2 Canadian (reality) shows that I love to watch. (Down here in the U.S., they're shown on reruns on the Weather Channel.) They're Heavy Rescue 401, and Highway to Hell. I'm glued to the screen watching these guys pull out truck wrecks from ditches, etc., often in some tough weather like blizzards.

They don't only use regular tow trucks, but have some real massive beasts that can pull thousands of pounds of weight. I really like it when they sometimes they hook up 2-3 rigs, and carefully plan out how to rescue a flipped over truck down an uneven incline, so as not tot burst the sides of the trailer and contents inside. It's very precise calculating, and these guys are really skilled. They get the job done! :happy:

1603790634689.png

1603790360008.png

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , I may have mentioned in the past that there are 2 Canadian (reality) shows that I love to watch. (Down here in the U.S., they're shown on reruns on the Weather Channel.) They're Heavy Rescue 401, and Highway to Hell. I'm glued to the screen watching these guys pull out truck wrecks from ditches, etc., often in some tough weather like blizzards.

They don't only use regular tow trucks, but have some real massive beasts that can pull thousands of pounds of weight. I really like it when they sometimes they hook up 2-3 rigs, and carefully plan out how to rescue a flipped over truck down an uneven incline, so as not tot burst the sides of the trailer and contents inside. It's very precise calculating, and these guys are really skilled. They get the job done! :happy:

View attachment 508644

View attachment 508643
I drive on the 401 - the busiest part of North America’s busiest highway. It can be absolutely brutal. Thankfully there is a $1200/month toll road option just 5-10 minutes to the north. 🙄

I think you would also enjoy Ice Road Truckers. It’s actually an American show, but lots of it is filmed in Canada.
68F49C4F-03A0-43CD-A5C5-7E531F2CB6D0.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I drive on the 401 - the busiest part of North America’s busiest highway. It can be absolutely brutal. Thankfully there is a $1200/month toll road option just 5-10 minutes to the north. 🙄

I think you would also enjoy Ice Road Truckers. It’s actually an American show, but lots of it is filmed in Canada.
View attachment 508651

Yup. Been watching Ice Road Truckers for years, too. Unfortunately, the final season was a few years ago. But they still show reruns on various channels, so I can still watch those episodes on occasion. :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Did I listen to Christmas music on the way to work today? Yes. Did I listen to Christmas music on the way home from work today? Yes. Am I ashamed? No.

Obviously not the entire drive. I did have some Talking with T-Bird to listen to, where Rob Cesternino and T-Bird Cooper interview past Survivor contestants. It's my favorite podcast. Never miss an episode.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Did I listen to Christmas music on the way to work today? Yes. Did I listen to Christmas music on the way home from work today? Yes. Am I ashamed? No.

Obviously not the entire drive. I did have some Talking with T-Bird to listen to, where Rob Cesternino and T-Bird Cooper interview past Survivor contestants. It's my favorite podcast. Never miss an episode.

When I said the date today I said December 27 instead of October. I think I'm looking forward to Christmas and holiday break!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
June 4th would be great, actually.
Business Entrepeneur GIF by BBC

Songbird76

View attachment 508651
$1200 per month??? You have to pay an exhorbitant membership fee to use it? That's ridiculous!

Songbird76

How long is your commute?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
$1200 per month??? You have to pay an exhorbitant membership fee to use it? That's ridiculous!
It’s priced per km, with peak and off peak rates.
My commute is 160 km ... each way. The first stretch I occasionally use works out to $10.12, and the second stretch is $26.58 ... a little less on the way home, due to off peak rates.

Clearly we can’t afford to pay $65/day 6 days/week, but there are some days where traffic necessitates that we use it for longer stretches.

If my option is to pay $30 and get to work in 1:35 or take the free routes and get to work in 3:00, the choice is obvious. Time is money. Also I can write off a portion on my taxes as an allowable expense.

But yes, the rates are insane. The gov’t should NEVER have sold the highway to a private consortium. It’s the first highway to be plowed in bad weather though, so there is that.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What could it be?!?ADB563EC-77EB-4819-AADA-0B978E814102.jpeg

B11060FB-ADCD-48BF-AD04-12ECB7A5459E.jpeg

Nothing exciting, that’s for sure.
B57A4C03-FB41-4B9F-952D-0E6990C4EAAD.jpeg

And here’s the back story:

We were out of paper towel. Amazon had nothing name brand, and nothing less than $50. 😲

We went to the grocery store. They had a grand total of 8 packages of bamboo carp. I checked Amazon again whilst in the store, and this time ... score!

Lost my connection and somehow double purchased. Oy.

If toilet paper and paper towel get hoarded again during the second wave, we’re good. For the third wave too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom