Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

I know this is going to be hard to believe, but I put the wrong numbers in. Yes, I made a mistake that I prefer to call a "senior moment". I'm going to try and work through it.

He had already been in quarantine for two weeks when they tested him. He came out negative. The college, however, requires a three week quarantine. That is what was puzzling me. He opted to come home (two hour drive) for the final week of the quarantine. Based on the iffy nature of this whole thing, I believe that he is going to opt to stay home the rest of the semester and attend "on line" for now. It is to bad because they had to pay for the semesters room and board and it doesn't look like it is going to be refundable if he decides to stay home. Damn good thing that neither his mother or his father have lost their jobs through this whole thing. (so far)
My nephew was at University of Buffalo and there were a few cases in his building so my sister picked him up. He was learning remote from his dorm room but felt isolated not knowing anyone and not going out so he kinda wanted to come home anyway. He's now learning remote from home but like your grandson, room and board was paid for and non-refundable. Despite most of the food venues being closed.

Goofyernmost

My nephew was at University of Buffalo and there were a few cases in his building so my sister picked him up. He was learning remote from his dorm room but felt isolated not knowing anyone and not going out so he kinda wanted to come home anyway. He's now learning remote from home but like your grandson, room and board was paid for and non-refundable. Despite most of the food venues being closed.
I hate to even suggest any theories, but in this case they opened up, collected the room and board, and then started to show problems and many students, that were smart enough to get into college, decided that it was dangerous and psychologically painful to be that isolated and wanted to go home. Since they still haven't shut down the school, they are feeling that they are not even slightly obligated to return some of the "services" money. In his school, only the freshman were allowed on campus. All others had to take the lessons at home.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
These are strange times. And it’s not over yet.
We all need to just keep re-adjusting and shift on the fly.

For me, life is good at this exact moment. I have a puppy asleep on my lap, a hot cup of coffee in my hand, and my friends at my fingertips on my phone. So what if the bed isn’t made yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Speaking of the puppy ... she had her spay surgery yesterday. Very tender and whimpery all day, but fit as a fiddle and raring to go since 6:30 this morning.

One of the few things to come out of this COVID BS was getting Daisy - it never would have happened under regular circumstances. She has brought such joy to our family, and clearly we love her to bits.

There have been other blessings, revelations, and re-ordering of priorities in the past 7+ months. It hasn’t all been bad.

Recovering puppy:
69CA1A19-C8B0-4948-92F2-F5AEC386ED4E.jpeg

13E814DC-2397-4449-9E35-850B39701997.jpeg

trr1

Speaking of the puppy ... she had her spay surgery yesterday. Very tender and whimpery all day, but fit as a fiddle and raring to go since 6:30 this morning.

One of the few things to come out of this COVID BS was getting Daisy - it never would have happened under regular circumstances. She has brought such joy to our family, and clearly we love her to bits.

There have been other blessings, revelations, and re-ordering of priorities in the past 7+ months. It hasn’t all been bad.

Recovering puppy:
View attachment 507829

View attachment 507830
remember if you need me to puppy sit for a few years let me know ;)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It was a gorgeous day (25°C/77°F) so we thought we’d have one final patio lunch. Unfortunately our favourite riverside restaurant closed their two outdoor (4th and 5th floor) patios two weeks ago. In light of today’s delightful respite from weeks of rain, they hurriedly opened up the 4th level patio.

No reservations permitted, and there was a two hour wait at 2:45. Good excuse to try out a new place. 🙂

Farmhouse grilled cheese - Ontario cheddar and sliced apples.
8DE944CD-4CC7-491B-ABEC-94299DF6A580.jpeg

Buffalo chicken and bacon grilled cheese.
81D5FF06-FE12-496C-B855-B3D98CA6FB10.jpeg

Dill pickle soup. Oh my word, this was good.
030BE2C8-BBD4-407F-9FBB-123B68DD0FD8.jpeg

Portobello mushroom pierogi.
3AE3246B-E889-489D-90C6-11286CCC5AF6.jpeg

SteveBrickNJ

It was a gorgeous day (25°C/77°F) so we thought we’d have one final patio lunch. Unfortunately our favourite riverside restaurant closed their two outdoor (4th and 5th floor) patios two weeks ago. In light of today’s delightful respite from weeks of rain, they hurriedly opened up the 4th level patio.

No reservations permitted, and there was a two hour wait at 2:45. Good excuse to try out a new place. 🙂

View attachment 508090

View attachment 508093

View attachment 508092

View attachment 508091
All of that looks super great @JenniferS !
I wonder when my wife and I will ever get back to visiting Ontario again?
We have good memories of Ottawa, Toronto and Niagara Falls! :cool:

Goofyernmost

All of that looks super great @JenniferS !
I wonder when my wife and I will ever get back to visiting Ontario again?
We have good memories of Ottawa, Toronto and Niagara Falls! :cool:
Since I lived practically within spitting distance of Quebec for most of my life, that is the place that has stuck with me the most. I had a brother/sister in law that lived in Haliburton, Ont. that my wife and I visited twice. Once for my nephews wedding and once just for fun. It never really was fun though. The relationship with Quebec has been up and down, but one of the highlights of my life was Expo 67. That is where I fell in love with World Fairs. I have overhead pictures of the grounds in a large size photo on my wall and all kinds of pamphlets and tour books about it. In 67 I was 19 years old. Three years later I found myself on the other side of the world in Vietnam and took my R&R in Osaka, Japan where Expo 70 was being held. I never got to any others, but my love for theme parks probably came from that first experience in Quebec. I still have a few dollars of Canadian (hard to take seriously) Money in an envelope stashed someplace. Damned if I can remember where. It's not a real popular currency here in NC anyway.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We love Ottawa and the Falls. We only go to TO if we’re going to a game, and then we go via GO Train.
That reminds me of my infamous trip to Toronto to attend a wedding. We left the car in Montreal at my wife's brothers house and took the train to Toronto. The going there was fine, but ran into troubles on the way back. I knew there was food service on the train so I wasn't even concerned. Along with us was my 2.5 year old daughter and her 8 month old baby sister. I thought I had planned ahead and spent extra of get American Express travelers checks (cheques). Once back in route the kids were getting hungry or at least the two year old was and so was my wife and I. Her mother carried the babies meal someplace mysteriously inside her. The train took everything cash and visa travelers checks. Nothing else. It was about a six hours ride back to Montreal and what a joy it was to have a 2 year old whining all the way back. Between the two of us we had only enough cash to get a candy bar and that was what we held it all together with. I have to be honest, it never occurred to me that they wouldn't take American Express Travelers Checks. I'm glad my daughters were not old enough to understand some of the words I was using about the Canadian Rail customer service.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That reminds me of my infamous trip to Toronto to attend a wedding. We left the car in Montreal at my wife's brothers house and took the train to Toronto. The going there was fine, but ran into troubles on the way back. I knew there was food service on the train so I wasn't even concerned. Along with us was my 2.5 year old daughter and her 8 month old baby sister. I thought I had planned ahead and spent extra of get American Express travelers checks (cheques). Once back in route the kids were getting hungry or at least the two year old was and so was my wife and I. Her mother carried the babies meal someplace mysteriously inside her. The train took everything cash and visa travelers checks. Nothing else. It was about a six hours ride back to Montreal and what a joy it was to have a 2 year old whining all the way back. Between the two of us we had only enough cash to get a candy bar and that was what we held it all together with. I have to be honest, it never occurred to me that they wouldn't take American Express Travelers Checks. I'm glad my daughters were not old enough to understand some of the words I was using about the Canadian Rail customer service.
Weird. Back when traveller’s cheques were still a thing, the only type we ever bought were American Express ... from both our local bank and CAA.

Goofyernmost

Weird. Back when traveller’s cheques were still a thing, the only type we ever bought were American Express ... from both our local bank and CAA.
You can imagine my surprise. I thought that of all the travelers checks American Express would be the ones that were universally accepted. I think the worst part was in spite of them seeing that we had two small children plus ourselves, no one made any effort to help us at all. I don't usually expect a handout, but damn I was perfectly willing to pay if they would have just accepted what I had. Not for me, but my 2 year old didn't consume very much, any amount would have made her calm. They didn't take credit cards either. Again this was 1977. Hopefully things have changed by now.

Songbird76

View attachment 508090

View attachment 508093

View attachment 508092

View attachment 508091
How was that mushroom pierogi? I love mushrooms!!! I'll pass on the other stuff, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom