Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
What could it be?!?View attachment 509336

View attachment 509335

Nothing exciting, that’s for sure.
View attachment 509337

And here’s the back story:

We were out of paper towel. Amazon had nothing name brand, and nothing less than $50. 😲

We went to the grocery store. They had a grand total of 8 packages of bamboo carp. I checked Amazon again whilst in the store, and this time ... score!

Lost my connection and somehow double purchased. Oy.

If toilet paper and paper towel get hoarded again during the second wave, we’re good. For the third wave too.
Yeah, but have you got tomato soup???? ;)

trr1

October 29

October 30

October 31

International Days
October 29

October 30

October 31

November National Weeks​

NOVEMBER NATIONAL MONTHS

Adopt A Senior Pet Month
Aviation History Month
Banana Pudding Lovers Month
Diabetic Eye Disease Month
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Family Stories Month
Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
Historic Bridge Awareness Month
Lung Cancer Awareness Month
Movember
MADD’s Tie One On For Safety Holiday Campaign (11/16-12/31)
Military Family Month
National Adoption Month
National Alzheimer’s Disease Month
National COPD Month
National Diabetes Month
National Family Caregivers Month
National Fun with Fondue Month
National Gratitude Month
National Home Care & Hospice Month
National Impotency Month
National Inspirational Role Models Month
National Life Writing Month

National Long-term Care Awareness Month
National Marrow Awareness Month
National Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Awareness & Appreciation Month
National Native American Heritage Month
National Family Literacy Month
National Novel Writing Month
National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
National Pepper Month
National Pet Cancer Awareness Month
National Pomegranate Month
National PPSI AIDS Awareness Month
National Raisin Bread Month
National Roasting Month
National Scholarship Month
Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
Prematurity Awareness Month
PTA Healthy Lifestyles Month
Spinach and Squash Month
Sweet Potato Awareness Month (See also February)
NoSHAVEmber (US – Beard Month or Movember (Australia – Moustache Month )
Vegan Month
Worldwide Bereaved Siblings Month

November National Days​

November 1
November 2
November 3
November 4
November 5

November International Days​

November 1
November 2
November 3
November 4
November 5

Goofyernmost

What could it be?!?View attachment 509336

View attachment 509335

Nothing exciting, that’s for sure.
View attachment 509337

And here’s the back story:

We were out of paper towel. Amazon had nothing name brand, and nothing less than $50. 😲

We went to the grocery store. They had a grand total of 8 packages of bamboo carp. I checked Amazon again whilst in the store, and this time ... score!

Lost my connection and somehow double purchased. Oy.

If toilet paper and paper towel get hoarded again during the second wave, we’re good. For the third wave too.
Looks like you have gone a long way into starting the next hoarding trend all by yourself. Either that or you are opening a retail paper towel store. It seems that hoarding would be counter productive when trying to keep people from panic. But, what do I know.
Do you guys really spill that much stuff? If so, I think you should lay off on the food fights. ;) That should be enough to last until the next millennium.

NYwdwfan

Time to stock up - Winter is coming!!!
I almost made grilled cheese with tomato soup for dinner last night. Almost. We got Chinese food instead.
Looks like you have gone a long way into starting the next hoarding trend all by yourself. Either that or you are opening a retail paper towel store. It seems that hoarding would be counter productive when trying to keep people from panic. But, what do I know.
Do you guys really spill that much stuff? If so, I think you should lay off on the food fights. ;) That should be enough to last until the next millennium.
Boys be messy and @JenniferS likes things clean. You do the math.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@NYwdwfan , apparently spinning cranes 60 stories high, are no big deal in NYC?! :jawdrop: :p This news story (I copied the link from the NY news station) was also shared with the local affiliate in my state as well. (See the crane spinning at about the 1:37 point into the link.)

Songbird76

@NYwdwfan , apparently spinning cranes 60 stories high, are no big deal in NYC?! :jawdrop: :p This news story (I copied the link from the NY news station) was also shared with the local affiliate in my state as well. (See the crane spinning at about the 1:37 point into the link.)

It was on the news here in the Netherlands, too. But they didn't say why it was spinning out of control. Was there someone in it? Was it blown by the wind?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was on the news here in the Netherlands, too. But they didn't say why it was spinning out of control. Was there someone in it? Was it blown by the wind?

Somewhere in the latter part of the news link (I also saw it reported on a different news crew, different channel) it was noted that it was not too unusual for the spinning. Apparently, the tall cranes are built to move in higher winds. From what I can tell, there was no operator in the crane at the time. I guess the major issue was debris being knocked down from (other structures) something swinging from the crane.

Goofyernmost

Somewhere in the latter part of the news link (I also saw it reported on a different news crew, different channel) it was noted that it was not too unusual for the spinning. Apparently, the tall cranes are built to move in higher winds. From what I can tell, there was no operator in the crane at the time. I guess the major issue was debris being knocked down from (other structures) something swinging from the crane.
That sounds a little like operator error when shutting down. Don't leave enough cable to strike other buildings in high winds. They always leave something heavy on the end of the cable, but one has to allow for room if they are indeed designed to move in the wind, like a weather vane.

NYwdwfan

Yup - crazy right? They call it weather-vaning. But it wasn’t supposed to have that loose piece that knocked debris down.
It was super windy.

That sounds a little like operator error when shutting down. Don't leave enough cable to strike other buildings in high winds. They always leave something heavy on the end of the cable, but one has to allow for room if they are indeed designed to move in the wind, like a weather vane.
Precisely!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom