Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
All this said, and as much as I think Genie+ has been beneficial to my family specifically, the prices this year have gotten insane. When it first came out, it was $15 a day, which was honestly very worth it IMO. But now there are days when it was $27 per person. That's insane.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Twice over the Christmas holidays, my brother and his wife did something I never would have considered. They drove down to Disney (22'ish hours each way) and only stayed for three days. They stayed at POP so they could ride the Skyliner, bought no park tickets, booked no Table Service ressies; just booked parties and after hour events, with one day in between to hang out at Disney Springs and check out all the decorations at the various resorts.

They also had a very late night at Jelly Rolls one night, but didn't have to worry about getting up early and getting to the parks the next morning "to get their money's worth" because they couldn't enter the park until 3 or 5 or whatever time it was.

They weren't interested in shows or special M&G's, but just rode ride after ride. They got more rides in during the party time than if they had spent the whole day there.

No ILL's, no regular LL's, no checking your app every 5 minutes .... They loved it!

PUSH

Original Poster
Twice over the Christmas holidays, my brother and his wife did something I never would have considered. They drove down to Disney (22'ish hours each way) and only stayed for three days. They stayed at POP so they could ride the Skyliner, bought no park tickets, booked no Table Service ressies; just booked parties and after hour events, with one day in between to hang out at Disney Springs and check out all the decorations at the various resorts.

They also had a very late night at Jelly Rolls one night, but didn't have to worry about getting up early and getting to the parks the next morning "to get their money's worth" because they couldn't enter the park until 3 or 5 or whatever time it was.

They weren't interested in shows or special M&G's, but just rode ride after ride. They got more rides in during the party time than if they had spent the whole day there.

No ILL's, no regular LL's, no checking your app every 5 minutes .... They loved it!
That's how I felt about the DHS After Hours. I did everything I wanted to do, plus we got in at 7 and still were able to see Fantasmic. However, it's starting to get pretty expensive for that, too.

JenniferS

That's how I felt about the DHS After Hours. I did everything I wanted to do, plus we got in at 7 and still were able to see Fantasmic. However, it's starting to get pretty expensive for that, too.
Yes, but if you didn't have to pay for a park day ticket, and had the whole day free to do other things, it might be worth it.

I might be able to talk Mike into something like this. Not this year probably, unless we get a decent Christmas shut down, but maybe sometime next year. I've not ridden Guardians, Tron, MMRR, or Remy. Same for Mike, plus Rise.

Oh dear, now you've got the wheels turning in my brain ....

PUSH

Original Poster
Yes, but if you didn't have to pay for a park day ticket, and had the whole day free to do other things, it might be worth it.

I might be able to talk Mike into something like this. Not this year probably, unless we get a decent Christmas shut down, but maybe sometime next year. I've not ridden Guardians, Tron, MMRR, or Remy. Same for Mike, plus Rise.

Oh dear, now you've got the wheels turning in my brain ....
Guardians is the best ride I've ever ridden. MMRR is really fun, too. Tron is okay... looks better on paper than it is. Remy is fun, but was more fun the first time you ride it.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Looks like advance LLs will not be available to international guests. Only US guests.

It is not exactly that. The app has géolocalisation, so if one is not arriving in the US a few days before their stay at WDW, then it is true that I cannot be purchased until in the US. But if someone is in the US several days prior to their stay at WDW, then they can purchase as soon as eligible.

rshell68

Guardians is the best ride I've ever ridden. MMRR is really fun, too. Tron is okay... looks better on paper than it is. Remy is fun, but was more fun the first time you ride it.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

JenniferS

It is not exactly that. The app has géolocalisation, so if one is not arriving in the US a few days before their stay at WDW, then it is true that I cannot be purchased until in the US. But if someone is in the US several days prior to their stay at WDW, then they can purchase as soon as eligible.
After hours parties, staying off-site it is then. Things change. It is what it is.

Thankfully, I have very detailed live trip reports in the TR thread to remember the glory years.

PUSH

Original Poster
Wonderful photography! I'm not sure if you learned it or it comes naturally to you but you have a great understanding and use of the "rule of thirds" and "leading lines".
Thank you! I took a photography class in high school, but I can't say I learned a lot from it. I vaguely know what the rule of thirds is from the class. I didn't know what leading lines were until I just Googled it.

I don't take pictures hardly at all in my everyday life... mostly just when I'm at Disney.

JenniferS

After hours parties, staying off-site it is then. Things change. It is what it is.

Thankfully, I have very detailed live trip reports in the TR thread to remember the glory years.
Although to be fair, we could hop over the border at Niagara Falls, have dinner at Carrabba's, make the purchase, and come back. ;)

Not an option for the vast majority of "international" travelers though.

For me, the whole discussion is academic right now anyway. We have no impending trip - this new system might even be kaput by then, or minimally tweaked a thousand times.

JenniferS

We shall see.
... and we saw.

Disney World Lightning Lane Passes Will Only Be Available for Purchase in the United States​

Doesn't mean it won't change ... maybe even before I reach the end of my current page in that thread.
It's like a Hydra. I knock out one page, and two more have been added.
People have a lot to say.

Sitting at work, listening to Disney BGM - life is still good.

SteveBrickNJ

Do you have any touristy plans or is this just going to be a staycation
https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/ one of my favorites down your way
Tomorrow is Seaside Heights boardwalk (Amusement Rides)
Friday is Adventure Aquarium and Philadelphia
Saturday we are hosting a 58 guest party at a Banquet Hall that focuses on our daughter's recent marriage(last month)
Sunday is RESTING....PACKING....then Monday morning we all drive up to Niagara Falls (USA side...Maid of the Mist, etc)
TUESDAY is Niagara continued in the morning only....then Letchworth State Park
WEDNESDAY is Hershey Park.
How's that for a busy schedule?? 🤔

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom