Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUSH

Original Poster
So we are supposed to be hosting Christmas with my mom's side here this Sunday, but there is a dilemma. Starting Saturday night and into Sunday morning, we are supposed to get 10-12 inches of snow. Everyone who is coming lives at least 15 minutes away, making traveling a problem. The next soonest time we could do it would be New Year's Eve, but my aunt doesn't want to be driving 4 hours (2 here, 2 back) on New Year's Eve. She is also the reason why we don't/haven't had any other dates we could do it. We all could've done it the past three weekends, but she's always been busy with her son (my cousin) doing something.

I would actually be kind of happy if we couldn't do it this weekend, because the Packers play on Sunday, and it's a pretty important game. However, I think my aunt is kinda ticked at my mom (they're sisters) because my mom said she wanted to be done eating and opening gifts before 3:30ish because that's when the Packers play. My aunt hates when sports come before family, even though that's the reason she couldn't have done Christmas the past few weekends.

Oh, the thrills of the holidays! :joyfull:

Cesar R M

^This.

Olaf was placed in the film to amuse & delight the younger audiences. Children seem to love this character, and rightfully so. I didn't think he added nor took away from the film, but he certainly helps reel in the ticket sales of the under-12 crowd.
I thought the animation was SUPERB in this movie. The snow, mountains, and overall ambience was very nicely done. I'm sure this will be a good film to watch come mid-August when people are sick of the heat & ready to feel cold. :happy:

Was it Disney's best film since The Lion King? I didn't think so. But definitely a good addition.
reminds me how the same happened with TOW MATTER, he ended being more popular than lightning.

In my initial searches for a "secret Santa" gift, I found this to go with @George 's collection. It's called a Slam Dump.

1311758334-93683900.gif

what the hell...
throw a ball while you dump the poo?

Goofyernmost

So we are supposed to be hosting Christmas with my mom's side here this Sunday, but there is a dilemma. Starting Saturday night and into Sunday morning, we are supposed to get 10-12 inches of snow. Everyone who is coming lives at least 15 minutes away, making traveling a problem. The next soonest time we could do it would be New Year's Eve, but my aunt doesn't want to be driving 4 hours (2 here, 2 back) on New Year's Eve. She is also the reason why we don't/haven't had any other dates we could do it. We all could've done it the past three weekends, but she's always been busy with her son (my cousin) doing something.

I would actually be kind of happy if we couldn't do it this weekend, because the Packers play on Sunday, and it's a pretty important game. However, I think my aunt is kinda ticked at my mom (they're sisters) because my mom said she wanted to be done eating and opening gifts before 3:30ish because that's when the Packers play. My aunt hates when sports come before family, even though that's the reason she couldn't have done Christmas the past few weekends.

Oh, the thrills of the holidays! :joyfull:
What kind of wimps can't get through 10 to 12 inches of snow when they are only 15 minutes away. You guys are from the great white north...show some leadership.

acishere

My dentist is an odd one. After going over my x-rays she gave me a rubber chicken key chain as a Christmas gift. I think it might be useful for this avatar I'm making.

PUSH

Original Poster
It's like you were reading my mind.
15 minutes? Call a taxi.
I don't think taxis will travel from town to town around here whether the roads are good or not. I assume they are just made for in-town use instead of county roads. Plus, I don't think they have any taxis where they are coming from (I believe there's only like 1,000 people where they live, so it's technically a "village"). We only have 2 taxis here (just regular cars/vans with a sign on top) for about 11,000 people.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I don't think taxis will travel from town to town around here whether the roads are good or not. I assume they are just made for in-town use instead of county roads. Plus, I don't think they have any taxis where they are coming from (I believe there's only like 1,000 people where they live, so it's technically a "village"). We only have 2 taxis here (just regular cars/vans with a sign on top) for about 11,000 people.
Yikes!
I live in a city of 93,000 and we have 3 taxi companies. The next town over has a population of just over 10K, and our companies service them. Any of the 3 companies will drive you to Pearson airport (1 hour away) out to the Six Nations Indian Reserve (20 minutes away), London ... anywhere really.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but years ago, when my dad owned/drove cab, you had to pay an estimated amount up front before the driver would take you out of town. Other than that, no biggie.

PUSH

Original Poster
I feel so "out of the norm" being from small town Wisconsin. All of you have these big cities, and I'm just sitting here getting excited over a new Dunkin Donuts! :p

About 20-30 minutes away is a city of about 58,000, and about an hour away is a city of about 240,000 (Madison). If we ever need to go to the mall or get clothes or anything, we have to go to one of those two cities.

PUSH

Original Poster
As I was looking up populations, I found a sad statistic. Chicago has nearly half the amount people as all of Wisconsin does. Chicago was about 2.7 million as of 2012, and Wisconsin had about 5.7 million at that same time.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Should I find a Christmas motif for my kiddo and I for my avatar?

I have a great picture of her near our tree a few years ago.

It's the few years ago that makes me not change my avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom