Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The chanting at the beginning and the all male chorus was great.
Just a nitpick, but Eatnemen Vuelie (the opening music) was sung by the Norwegian group Cantus...which is all FEMALE.

Info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantus_(Norwegian_female_choir)

Performance of the song unrelated to Frozen.

Anyhow, the difference between a true soprano and a tenor falsetto is easy to pick out. If you want to know how, the vibrato is different, especially in large groups...the only exception would be falsetto boys choirs who can sometimes (not always) pull off a true soprano vocal range, but they also tend to have flatter tones (less vibrato)...but considering the lowest notes were easily contralto, I knew this was a woman's choir even before I looked up who sung it. I do have to hand it to their contralto section though, they are fantastic!

But, anyhow...now you know...the rest...of the story.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Always interesting to hear someone else's take.
Here's the difference between 18 and 46 - I found the Olaf character to be superfluous, although I absolutely recognize that his character is not for my edification, but for the kidlets who will be flocking to see the movie. I also found the animation style of Olaf to be discordant with the style of the other characters.
I could also have done without the snow monster.

Anyone else think that the reindeer, Sven could have been used more comically, thereby eliminating the need for Olaf?
I am just glad they didn't have Sven talk!

Megalodumb

I found the Olaf character to be superfluous, although I absolutely recognize that his character is not for my edification, but for the kidlets who will be flocking to see the movie.
^This.

Olaf was placed in the film to amuse & delight the younger audiences. Children seem to love this character, and rightfully so. I didn't think he added nor took away from the film, but he certainly helps reel in the ticket sales of the under-12 crowd.
I thought the animation was SUPERB in this movie. The snow, mountains, and overall ambience was very nicely done. I'm sure this will be a good film to watch come mid-August when people are sick of the heat & ready to feel cold. :happy:

Was it Disney's best film since The Lion King? I didn't think so. But definitely a good addition.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Just a nitpick, but Eatnemen Vuelie (the opening music) was sung by the Norwegian group Cantus...which is all FEMALE.

Info here

Anyhow, the difference between a true soprano and a tenor falsetto is easy to pick out. If you want to know how, the vibrato is different, especially in large groups...the only exception would be falsetto boys choirs who can sometimes (not always) pull off a true soprano vocal range, but they also tend to have flatter tones (less vibrato)...but considering the lowest notes were easily contralto, I knew this was a woman's choir even before I looked up who sung it. I do have to hand it to their contralto section though, they are fantastic!

Hmm...interesting. Would be fun to sing with all female tenors. I can pick out an all male falseto choir pretty easily. Like this:

I laugh at guys who say that they can't get that high. Yeah, you can. You've just forgotten how to and need practice. Makes sense about the verbrato though, my tenor range has no verbrato, the soprano range I have to control the verbrato at times. Like for World of Color, we weren't supposed to use it.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
So Dunkin Donuts opened yesterday, and apparently it's good and bad. If you listen to multiple people's opinions. I haven't been there yet. It's amazing how this is a huge deal around here. :rolleyes:
Today there was a shooting in Baltimore County and the police had to barricade a neighborhood before finally tracking down the shooter and arresting him. No one was hurt. And it clogged up Beltway traffic. Yup. Just another day in Baltimore!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hmm...interesting. Would be fun to sing with all female tenors. I can pick out an all male falseto choir pretty easily. Like this:

I laugh at guys who say that they can't get that high. Yeah, you can. You've just forgotten how to and need practice. Makes sense about the verbrato though, my tenor range has no verbrato, the soprano range I have to control the verbrato at times. Like for World of Color, we weren't supposed to use it.

Um...no. Sorry, work on those ears.

The choral music for that song was sung by the London Bach Choir. Very prestigious. And, it's multi-gender.

That's not men in falsetto voices hitting those notes (though a boys choir easily could). Those are sopranos.

Also, you are incorrect about how you say "men can't get that high"... Range is not just a function of training, but also equipment. If the vocal chords are spread too far, it can actually be dangerous to them to stress them at too high a range.

That being said, I can agree, falsetto voice can be taken to excellent levels. Note this...

Probably some of the most controlled falsetto voices I've ever heard. Wait for the "me-eeeee"....

I actually had the pleasure of singing with them in 2010 as they were out signing autographs after a concert (small venue)...we sang this (I did the bass part)

Somewhere my Dad has video of it...

AllyInWonderland

Info here

I think she means the song "Frozen Heart" from the first scene of the movie

PUSH

Original Poster
After random generating, here is who gives to who:

@NYwdwfan will be giving to unkadug

@Nemo14
will be giving to Zweiland

@Zweiland will be giving to PUSH (can't wait for that... :p)

@donaldtoo will be giving to NYwdwfan

@acishere will be giving to trr1

@unkadug will be giving to Goofyernmost

@PUSH will be giving to Nemo14 (look out Nemo! :cool:)

@Goofyernmost will be giving to Megalodumb

@trr1 will be giving to acishere

@Megalodumb will be giving to Lucky

@Lucky will be giving to donaldtoo

Everyone got it? Good! Now go find the best (family-friendly) avatar you can get! :)

PUSH

Original Poster
In my initial searches for a "secret Santa" gift, I found this to go with @George 's collection. It's called a Slam Dump.

1311758334-93683900.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom