Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

It is also infinitely more logical that water boils at 100 degrees and freezes at zero.

That being said, we only switched because you guys (our largest trading partner) were going to. Then, you didn't. Ronald Reagan defunded the U.S. Metric Board following his election in 1980.

Once we were in, we probably couldn't afford to switch back. :greedy:

Yep, I remember when all a' that was goin' on down here. We started learnin' the metric system when I was in elementary school in Cali. in the early '70s. And then gone, just like that *snap*.

I'm a designer for an architectural firm. We are currently working on four 20,000-ish sq. ft. mansions in Dubai and a personal residence in Vienna. We've also done projects in Saudi Arabia and Costa Rica, among other countries in years past, that use metric. It definitely does make more sense, so seems it would really not be that difficult to convert to. Mind-wise, anyway. :)
As you mentioned though, financially...? :greedy: ;)

donaldtoo

I think it's probably because I grew up on a farm that I really can't stand to drink milk anymore.

I've never really been much of a milk drinker, actually. I like it, but just prefer other beverages over it.
But, on the farms I used to love when we'd skim the cream off the top, put it in a bowl, and sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon for breakfast. YUM-O-RAMA! :hungry: :)

luv

Legendary Actor Peter O'Toole has died at the age of 81.
That is a shame. He and Richard "Madam, if you think I'm drunk, wait until O'Toole makes his entrance" Harris were my favorite talk show guests...especially when they told stories about each other, lol.

Heaven must be more fun now that they're reunited. :)

donaldtoo

So our snow turned into a big slushy mess that weighs a ton and serves no earthly good. It's supposed to freeze over later to create hazardous walking, driving, etc. everywhere. In case you may have forgotten, I really hate winter.

I once wondered what if, maybe, there were two different kinds of h*** in the afterlife...
One where you fry, and one where you freeze. Either way you're sc****, but, you get to choose. o_O ;)

donaldtoo

I have been sleeping with the same teddy bear every night for 37 years. His name is Mod.
Whenever he gets a little hole or tear, I have my SIL come over perform minor "surgery".

A number of years ago, she took him for a week. She ripped him open, gutted him, turned him inside out, re-sewed all his seams, re stuffed him, sewed him back up, and created a nice yarn nose for him. His previous button-type nose had missing since 1980. She actually found his nose in his belly, but was unable to reattach it.

What I want to know is - however did he swallow his nose; he hasn't got a mouth?!

Osmosis? o_O ;)

donaldtoo

I've never watched the movie all the way through. I saw the ending first....the second time I watched the beginning...I've seen the middle a couple of times.

I'm pretty sure that the boat sinks each time.

No sir. I assure you she did not sink. As per the script, she foundered. Which, of course, sounds much more dramatic. I guess...?! :bored:

donaldtoo

I am still smiling!! The Packers trailed 26-3 at halftime and came back to win 37-36!! So pumped!

So funny! I started to watch the game and the Cowboys pretty much dominate the first half. I also said to myself... Yea, well, they'll find a way to pee it away yet again as per usual. And, sho 'nuff! At this point I just kinda' relish in it.
On a side note, I'm so blippin' glad Mack Brown finally "stepped down" as UTs head football coach.
Now, of course, the big speculation is that Satan Saban might be comin' to town. Lord knows UT has more than enough to compensate him. Time will tell...

donaldtoo

The mythbusters did. And, when they confronted James Cameron about it...he DID use the "it was in the script".

"That guy was goin' down!" - James Cameron

tumblr_mbcv5ffH291qh2axio1_500.png

Is that a quote from James Cameron ala Bob Dole? o_O ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom