Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo14

The Mythbusters found there was plenty of room on that Blame Meg DOOR!

Actually that's the Rosa Abbot connection I mentioned. She was one of the very few who was picked up on debris. She had 2 sons who were clinging to the wreckage with her but they both slipped away (a la Jack)when the frigid water took its toll.

acishere

Yeah, but the Survivor finale is on tonight.
Homeland finale is on tonight too. I have Christmas Vacation saved on my DVR anyway so I can always just put it on whenever I want. Yet, this year I have watched both ABC Family airings that I stumbled across and not once touched the copy I have saved from last year.

Nemo14

Sad and tragic. But, a neat fact. This, I did not know!

DH's grandmother had a roommate who was a nursemaid taking a little rich girl (you know the type ;) ) to America. The girl had a very expensive doll with a china head which she showed no interest in while on the Titanic. When they were reunited on the Carpathia, all the kid did was complain that she lost her doll. Clearly the loss of lives was not as important.
Fast forward to the first time we see the movie. Opening scenes are combined with footage from the actual wreck and what do we see - the dolls head.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Legendary Actor Peter O'Toole has died at the age of 81.
:cry: Poor Anton.
430304-antonego.jpg

376844.1.jpg

donaldtoo

We have been together for 28 years, married for more than 20.
People who know me first and then meet hubby are shocked. And vice versa - double!
We couldn't possibly be more different. Just about the only thing we have in common is that we both put the other first.
And that's why I will happily drive him to a party I don't want to attend, and why he will go without getting all p.o.'d that I don't want to go.

Very cool! :)
DW and myself have known each other for more than 29 years and celebrated our 25 wedding anni. just last Tues. We are very much the same in many ways, very much different in others. But, we knew all that goin' in, so it works. :)

donaldtoo

Well yeah, nobody even bothers to get married anymore.

Thankfully, our oldest DD is doin' just that (gettin' married) in April.
The site of the smokin' carnage that used to be our bank account can be a bit tough to stomach at times :eek: ;), but, ultimately, we wouldn't have it any other way...! :)

donaldtoo

I just got home from spending 4 hours at two Christmas parties hosted by DW's soccer friends. The first one was an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. The second one was an Elvis party. (OK, I'm A-Rodding about the 2nd one's theme.)

Here we would say...
(OK, I'm Lance-Armstronging about the 2nd ones theme).
Takes a little more effort, but really sends the point home for those of us down 'round these parts.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Yeah, I know. Just trying to be a wise guy.

Funny thing, up here we buy our milk in 4 litre bags. 3 individual 1.33 litre bags in one bag.
Easier to lift and pour than a full gallon, but you have to change the bags and snip the corners often. REALLY often if you live with teenage boys. We buy 6 x 4 l every three or four days. That's 18 bag changes.

And go figure, I am the only person who knows how to change the milk bag. Councidentally, I am also the only person who knows how to change the toilet roll, and put the seat back down.

When we used to visit my gramps and grams on their farms we got the leche straight from the bovine.
And, it was (yes, I'm goin' there) udderly delicious! :hungry: :facepalm: :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom