Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Or were you still using scrolls
I BET THEY WERE WRITTEN IN PAPYRUS!
the most hated font by pro graphic designers.

We switched to whiteboards by the time I got to high school. Chalkboards still exist, but they favor whiteboards now.

If he went on a sleigh, I guess you went by horseless carriage?

where I live; whiteboards arent good. due of the high temps.. the "ink" dries fast and can get stuck forever in the whiteboard unless someone uses alcohol or a heavy cleaning chemical.

MOXOMUMD

We switched to whiteboards by the time I got to high school. Chalkboards still exist, but they favor whiteboards now.

If he went on a sleigh, I guess you went by horseless carriage?
I'm not that old, lol. When I was in elementary school I remember we had a Chevelle and would get to the backseat by climbing in the front and flipping ourselves over the front seat into the back. I also remember when all of us had to go somewhere my dad had a station wagon where seats folded up in the back and you faced each other. Aah, the 70's.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm not that old, lol. When I was in elementary school I remember we had a Chevelle and would get to the backseat by climbing in the front and flipping ourselves over the front seat into the back. I also remember when all of us had to go somewhere my dad had a station wagon where seats folded up in the back and you faced each other. Aah, the 70's.
My mom's family had the stationwagon too. She says they used to love it. Before the days of seatbelts too evidently

NYwdwfan

My friend had a refurbished Chevelle in High School. What a sweet ride.

Growing up we had a Plymouth Fury that we drove down to Florida in. The back seat was so enormous that my mom said my sister and I used to play "hide and seek" in it while we were driving.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yes, but this was in the dark ages of laptops. We used XP and Vista on them! :eek:
The laptop that my mom used to use until about a year ago still had XP on it. It was her work laptop, and it was so old. She loved it, though. Now she has a new touch-screen laptop with Windows 8. The only reason she switched is because she's going for her doctorate and needed a computer than could hold all of her files and programs.

Nemo14

Our laptop still has XP - nothing wrong with that! When I bought it, it was the only laptop i could get that still had XP, and I didn't want Vista, so that's th one I went with. DH uses it now and I use the Chrome netbook or the desktop.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm still chugging along with the laptop that I spilled water on back in early June. Still has problems, but saves me some money for now, so I'm okay with it! The battery is pretty worn out, but I figure it's not worth it to spend $70-80 on a new one when this one could die any day. Plus, the charger for my laptop died, and I'm using a spare one right now. Not worth it to put in over $100 for it... to me at least.

Nemo14

My friend had a refurbished Chevelle in High School. What a sweet ride.

Growing up we had a Plymouth Fury that we drove down to Florida in. The back seat was so enormous that my mom said my sister and I used to play "hide and seek" in it while we were driving.

When I first met DH - he had an old Fury. Great car!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm still chugging along with the laptop that I spilled water on back in early June. Still has problems, but saves me some money for now, so I'm okay with it! The battery is pretty worn out, but I figure it's not worth it to spend $70-80 on a new one when this one could die any day. Plus, the charger for my laptop died, and I'm using a spare one right now. Not worth it to put in over $100 for it... to me at least.
Did you try Amazon for a new battery? You might be able to get it for $25 or less.

NYwdwfan

My laptop gives a message saying something like: "Your battery is reaching the end of its useful life. You can still use the computer plugged in but may experience issues when using the battery". The computer is 11 years old - a new battery costs about what a new computer would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom