Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

on Christmas Eve?
Back in the 60's I knew a family that had 7 children. Back then there were only one or two stores that stayed open late on Christmas Eve, but they would go out after midnight mass and do all their Christmas shopping, wrap them and put up the tree. They would go to sleep for about 5 minutes and the kids would wake them up. A concept I will never understand.

Goofyernmost

Around here it seems that CVS and Walgreen's build within a block of each other....the same way Lowe's and Home Depot build next to each other.
Here, I swear there is one an almost every corner. Not just one though...one corner is CVS, the opposite corner is RiteAid and the third corner is Walgreens. The forth corner will contain a gas/convenience store. All of these, so called, drug stores are a minimum of 10,000 square ft. How they all survive is a mystery to me. They now have a small clinic in the store where they have a Nurse Practitioner on staff. The Nurse can diagnose and prescribe medications on the spot. Strange set up.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
We have one hospital too. The next one is a 40 minute drive to get to.
GBMC: 20 minutes
Franklin Square: 25 minutes
Mercy: 30 minutes
Hopkins: 30

I used to do GBMC when I was in pediatrics, but have discovered that their adult emergency department is terrible. I was born in Franklin Square and will go there from now on since they are associated with my allergist. Mercy is okay, one of my other doctors works out of there, but some of the nuns are a pain to deal with, and Hopkins was fine. The one and only time I was hospitalized with my asthma I was in GBMC but then transferred to Hopkins for better treatment. Their pediatrics admission area is really nice; their ER is horrible. Yes it is sad that I am aware of all of this

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Speaking of anniversaries... The one year anniversary of the last Christmas is coming up pretty soon. It's going to be a pretty emotional day for me.
Bet you collect a lot of brightly colored paper that day don't you? Pretty festive time for a trash can.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have Christmas Vacation saved on my computer and never watched it. I have watched it on ABC family twice this year.

What I could use a copy of is Charlie Brown Christmas. I apparently missed it this year on ABC so I have to watch through other means now...:cautious:
$8.96 Target. Remastered and is full lengths unlike the chopped up version network shows.

Gabe1

One hospital here. It's a town of 11,000 people during the college year, and around 4,000 people when college isn't in session. We actually have a large hospital here - compared to surrounding towns. The old hospital was located next to a park and in the middle of a residential area. It was one story, and very small. The new one if several stories high. For serious medical conditions, people would be med-flighted to Madison.

Yep, your town is like ours, very tiny little Hamlet.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My DS said that was his mistake in 2007, he should have waited the 6 months so he was 21. But where there is a will there is a way...and he was in Vista Way
I'm graduating a semester early, so it's either that semester or the one after, and if I don't get in the first time, I'd like to have the backup shot.

I'm not really worried about it. In MD, you can drink with Parental consent before age 21, so I've been learning to drink since about age 15. If I went to a country where I'd be allowed to legally drink, I'd feel pretty confident that I wouldn't overdo it. I've got friends who I could call for my first few nights of legally drinking.

Gabe1

Back in the 60's I knew a family that had 7 children. Back then there were only one or two stores that stayed open late on Christmas Eve, but they would go out after midnight mass and do all their Christmas shopping, wrap them and put up the tree. They would go to sleep for about 5 minutes and the kids would wake them up. A concept I will never understand.

When my kids were small that happened all the time, just worked out that way, sleepless, but not because I didn't shop in advance.

Gabe1

I'm graduating a semester early, so it's either that semester or the one after, and if I don't get in the first time, I'd like to have the backup shot.

I'm not really worried about it. In MD, you can drink with Parental consent before age 21, so I've been learning to drink since about age 15. If I went to a country where I'd be allowed to legally drink, I'd feel pretty confident that I wouldn't overdo it. I've got friends who I could call for my first few nights of legally drinking.

My Gran always put out wine at Sunday dinner. Adults regular glasses, children got the cordial glasses. My Sis was an exchange student in Germany her senior year in high school. From her letters and phone calls we thought she was going to come home a drunk, lol.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My Gran always put out wine at Sunday dinner. Adults regular glasses, children got the cordial glasses. My Sis was an exchange student in Germany her senior year in high school. From her letters and phone calls we thought she was going to come home a drunk, lol.
I just don't see the need to drink and then not remember what you did the next day, not to mention the hangover! I act absolutely silly when I've been drinking, even after 1! I take so long to polish it off. Like an hour for one glass of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom