Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I cant imagine someone saying
-"I want a Sprite Coke"
-"A WHAT?"
Nobody would say that anyway, any more than they would say "I want a Sprite soda" or "I want a Sprite pop" . It is redundant and they would simply say "I want a Sprite"

One more time...in the south "Coke" is a euphemism for all carbonated beverages..

If I'm going to the store to get a drink, I would tell my co-workers,I'm going to the store to get a Coke, can I get you one too?" The coke is a replacement for "soda" or "pop". My co-worker might answer "Yes get me a Mountain Dew" while I myself would get a Dr Pepper.

At the restaurant the waiter might ask what you want to drink. I might say "I'll take a Coke....make that a Sprite". You see that "Coke" just replaces "soda" or "pop".

I think it all boils down to Southern Pride, since Coca-Cola is a decidedly Southern invention.

Nemo14

Nobody would say that anyway, any more than they would say "I want a Sprite soda" or "I want a Sprite pop" . It is redundant and they would simply say "I want a Sprite"

One more time...in the south "Coke" is a euphemism for all carbonated beverages..

If I'm going to the store to get a drink, I would tell my co-workers,I'm going to the store to get a Coke, can I get you one too?" The coke is a replacement for "soda" or "pop". My co-worker might answer "Yes get me a Mountain Dew" while I myself would get a Dr Pepper.

At the restaurant the waiter might ask what you want to drink. I might say "I'll take a Coke....make that a Sprite". You see that "Coke" just replaces "soda" or "pop".

I think it all boils down to Southern Pride, since Coca-Cola is a decidedly Southern invention.

It's still odd but I won't make fun of you because Auburn's game yesterday was awesome!

Nemo14

We saw most of the second half. DH was helping a friend with a new HD TV, so they wanted to watch the game once we got it set up for them. Funny part? They're Alabama fans. Awkward!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We saw most of the second half. DH was helping a friend with a new HD TV, so they wanted to watch the game once we got it set up for them. Funny part? They're Alabama fans. Awkward!!!
I was raised in a mixed family. My mother went to Alabama...my dad went to Auburn. So I was raised pulling for both teams. However, my attending Auburn sealed the deal with the Auburn/Alabama game!

Cesar R M

too much complexity for something so simple.
Id stay with SODA :p

Lucky

unkadmember: 6208 said:
..in the south "Coke" is a euphemism for all carbonated beverages..

We used "Coke" that way in Memphis. But I heard "pop" quite a bit when traveling or visiting relatives in KS, MO or OK.

My father said "warsh" for "wash." He was from KS.

My wife says "sear-up." I didn't know where that came from but read recently it's mostly a NE Atlantic coast thing, from NJ to southern New England. My wife was born in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom