Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I feel your pain...except español is my second language. The Argentinian accent throws me. I use a Castillian accent, which throws American speakers sometimes, but the CMs in Mexico understand me better if I lisp than if I don't lisp.
How can you tell if are lisping in Spanish?

acishere

aM140ZA_460s_v1.jpg
My mom always threatened with #5. Unfortunately for her she was never very successful at following through.

Cesar R M

It should be noted...you probably won't have much trouble finding people who speak Spanish in most of the US either. Especially at restaurants.
funnily.. at WDW we had trouble finding spanish speakers.. most of them seem to be.. asian.. even german!
We only found spanish speakers in Animal kingdom (vendors)

Nothing has gone downhill (except your language)....I was explaining the way Southerners speak. Nobody said anything about the proper way. The proper way is the way that gets your meaning across in the area that you are in.
I get it, but do you really need to pinpoint my language as "going downhill"?

Why would you order tea with your pinkie up? You're supposed to drink that way. And not to be rude because I know you like to post in some strong opinioned threads, but there's no need to swear in the Sageteer thraed.

hang on, what swearing?

I feel your pain...except español is my second language. The Argentinian accent throws me. I use a Castillian accent, which throws American speakers sometimes, but the CMs in Mexico understand me better if I lisp than if I don't lisp.

Aaah I see, in my side...I have more trouble with the mid-american latino countries. No idea why.
But then, what affects me more is the speed of speech. Most people in Mexico city for example.. speak really really fast.

Goofyernmost

Nobody would say that anyway, any more than they would say "I want a Sprite soda" or "I want a Sprite pop" . It is redundant and they would simply say "I want a Sprite"

One more time...in the south "Coke" is a euphemism for all carbonated beverages..

If I'm going to the store to get a drink, I would tell my co-workers,I'm going to the store to get a Coke, can I get you one too?" The coke is a replacement for "soda" or "pop". My co-worker might answer "Yes get me a Mountain Dew" while I myself would get a Dr Pepper.

At the restaurant the waiter might ask what you want to drink. I might say "I'll take a Coke....make that a Sprite". You see that "Coke" just replaces "soda" or "pop".

I think it all boils down to Southern Pride, since Coca-Cola is a decidedly Southern invention.
Pepsi originated in North Carolina so why wouldn't you say Pepsi instead of Coke. (Pepsi is better anyway)

Cesar R M

hey guys, just to clarify my points:

I have no idea why many people keep saying that I'm swearing a lot.. or trying to incite fights. I AM NOT.
Please note that is not my intention to insult people.
My experience in blogging in the internet is mostly using "bad english "(as in full of typos, not insults, aka teenage type talk) in gaming and hardware forums might sound a bit too hard in here and I apologize.

I even try to use substitutions (which are accepted in other forums, for example.. freaking instead of the F word) to prevent getting people annoyed and insulted.

but somehow people still complain that I am "swearing". Id love if people pointed exactly what part is "swearing" or what seems like an insult to others, to start learning what words are flagged by the mods and try my best to learn this forum's way.

Nemo14

hey guys, just to clarify my points:

I have no idea why many people keep saying that I'm swearing a lot.. or trying to incite fights. I AM NOT.
Please note that is not my intention to insult people.
My experience in blogging in the internet is mostly using "bad english "(as in full of typos, not insults, aka teenage type talk) in gaming and hardware forums might sound a bit too hard in here and I apologize.

I even try to use substitutions (which are accepted in other forums, for example.. freaking instead of the F word) to prevent getting people annoyed and insulted.

but somehow people still complain that I am "swearing". Id love if people pointed exactly what part is "swearing" or what seems like an insult to others, to start learning what words are flagged by the mods and try my best to learn this forum's way.

I'm sure you don't mean to use bad language here, and the fact that you took the time to post this apology helps to prove your sincerity. This particular thread is just for fun - and we try to keep it clean, but goofy. It's kind of a nice escape for us all. The post that was mentioned tonight on here was this:
dammit! I quit!..
I think ill just point at the image of the soda, pop, or whatever appears in the menu XD

and the word in question was "dammit". while not as vulgar as some, we just try not to use that around here. No harm done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom