Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Who walks up to a server and just says, "I want a soda," anyway? You just get right to the point and say "Sprite" or "Coke." You are just making the process of ordering two sentences longer than it should be!
That's what I do!, until someone mentioned here the "proper way" and I'm like "what?"
then it went downhill from there.

next in the forum they will say : "you shouldn't order your tea without having your pinkie up" XD

I just have water (or "wattuh" as we call it here)
And things like this is why I have a very big problem understanding spoken english (apart from being partially deaf.. the accents and variants do not help lol)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's what I do!, until someone mentioned here the "proper way" and I'm like "what?"

next in the forum they will say : "you shouldn't order your tea without having your pinkie up" XD

And things like this is why I have a very big problem understanding spoken english (apart from being partially deaf.. the accents and variants do not help lol)
Nothing has gone downhill (except your language)....I was explaining the way Southerners speak. Nobody said anything about the proper way. The proper way is the way that gets your meaning across in the area that you are in.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

It should be noted...you probably won't have much trouble finding people who speak Spanish in most of the US either. Especially at restaurants.

acishere

This all reminds me of this scene from the Simpsons that I can't find a video of so I just pulled up the quote:

Lawyer: Your Honor, even though I've proven my client's innocence, I'd still like to call Freddy Quimby to the stand. So that we can all bask in his gentle decency. [Freddy stands up, grins winningly at audience, takes stand] Mr. Quimby, did you assault Mr. LaCoste?
Freddy: Of course not. I love each and every thing on God's green earth.
Lawyer: Therefore, you would never lose your temper over something as trivial as the pronunciation of "chowder".
Freddy: That's "chowdah"! Chowdah! I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you, especially those of you in the jury!
[Man on the jury mutters, "He's clearly guilty"]
Lawyer: Wow, that didn't go well. The defense rests.

MOXOMUMD

next in the forum they will say : "you shouldn't order your tea without having your pinkie up"
Why would you order tea with your pinkie up? You're supposed to drink that way. And not to be rude because I know you like to post in some strong opinioned threads, but there's no need to swear in the Sageteer thraed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Why would you order tea with your pinkie up? You're supposed to drink that way. And not to be rude because I know you like to post in some strong opinioned threads, but there's no need to swear in the Sageteer thraed.
200_s.gif

Lucky

This all reminds me of this scene from the Simpsons that I can't find a video of so I just pulled up the quote:

Lawyer: Your Honor, even though I've proven my client's innocence, I'd still like to call Freddy Quimby to the stand. So that we can all bask in his gentle decency. [Freddy stands up, grins winningly at audience, takes stand] Mr. Quimby, did you assault Mr. LaCoste?
Freddy: Of course not. I love each and every thing on God's green earth.
Lawyer: Therefore, you would never lose your temper over something as trivial as the pronunciation of "chowder".
Freddy: That's "chowdah"! Chowdah! I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you, especially those of you in the jury!
[Man on the jury mutters, "He's clearly guilty"]
Lawyer: Wow, that didn't go well. The defense rests.
Loved that episode.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

I feel your pain...except español is my second language. The Argentinian accent throws me. I use a Castillian accent, which throws American speakers sometimes, but the CMs in Mexico understand me better if I lisp than if I don't lisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom