Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

I'd let it go, there are ignorant people everywhere. You had fun on your adventure, that is all that counts no matter the obstetrical along the way, you made it there, did your thing and got home safe. Success.

There isn't a vacation I have taken that I have not had something I wished I had a do-over on. Actually many things in my life I might wish a do over on, we all have those things.
After the fact, upon reflection, I asked myself if I would still venture out to San Jose knowing all the problems I would encounter (including having to wait at the train station until 8am to get back to San Francisco and not having time to make it to the Disney Family Museum) if I had the opportunity to do it all over again. Without hesitation, the answer was YES! That excursion, despite the problems and stress and fear and things that didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, it was definately worth it! At the event, I got to see the headline act in its entirety and that alone was worth it. And the whole adventure of it was worth it for the adventure of it!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah. It really did upset me since it was my generation who gave the world this music and that going there for the music didn't even cross her mind! As you know, I was already stressed out over all the obstacles that I had to overcome on my way to San Jose... My flight being 3 1/2 hours late, the stupid ticket machine at the train station that wouldn't accept my cards and money, the fear that I was actually on the verge of running out of money, the extreme cold and wind chill factor outside waiting on the train from San Francisco to San Jose while I was dressed for the high 90's of Southern California that I had just left, the unknown about what to do with my backpack I was carrying (fearing they wouldn't let me in with it), the fact that I had no time to check in any place and change and refresh, and all other unknowns that were unknown I feared.

After that recap of all the obstacles in your trip, I think the comment from the young woman was probably the least of your worries from that trip! :p ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I agree. Though I have a lot of respect for him (for a Yankee, he's a pretty classy guy ;) ) I am sick of hearing about it.

I can take a lot more talk about him, I really lost patience with the era of Brett Favre.

A great athlete but he had tunnel vision about himself and at both ends of the tunnel he only saw himself. A very trying person that got on my last nerve. He is trying hard to step back into the lime light again and I cringe. Derek has not hit that 'cringe' factor yet with me and still seems to be gracious and classy.

donaldtoo

How much do you think these are worth? I own the original first print one-sheets of Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Jedi movie posters with auotographs...

View attachment 67159 View attachment 67160 View attachment 67161 View attachment 67162

Very cool! :)

I own four animator photostats, and one original Donald Duck animation drawing. I have two Donald Duck photostats, one Pluto, and one from Pinocchio from the late '30's, early '40's. The photostats were copies of original key animator drawings to be passed around to the various in-betweeners for reference. The Donald Duck drawing is from an' '82 cartoon, so nothing real special, but, they mean a lot to me...! :)

PeterAlt

After that recap of all the obstacles in your trip, I think the comment from the young woman was probably the least of your worries from that trip! :p ;)
Yeah, but then, I was super-conscious of everything and everyone and tried to blend in with the crowds and keep a low profile, fearing that everyone was looking at me. It's a horrible paranoid and anti-social feeling at an occasion which, under normal circumstances, I'm very social. Add to that the fact that I was very sober...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
After the fact, upon reflection, I asked myself if I would still venture out to San Jose knowing all the problems I would encounter (including having to wait at the train station until 8am to get back to San Francisco and not having time to make it to the Disney Family Museum) if I had the opportunity to do it all over again. Without hesitation, the answer was YES! That excursion, despite the problems and stress and fear and things that didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, it was definately worth it! At the event, I got to see the headline act in its entirety and that alone was worth it. And the whole adventure of it was worth it for the adventure of it!

Sometimes, the journey can be just as fun as the destination! (Although, for me, I like my creature comforts and don't think I could have survived all the pot holes in the road that you encountered.) But I'm glad for you that you had a great time, overall.

PeterAlt

Sometimes, the journey can be just as fun as the destination! (Although, for me, I like my creature comforts and don't think I could have survived all the pot holes in the road that you encountered.) But I'm glad for you that you had a great time, overall.
I almost didn't! Lol. At the train station at San Jose, waiting on the 8am train back to San Francisco, there was a time when I was weaving in and out of consciousness, actually wondering if I was dead or alive, as I was actually having an out of body experience. I already told how I was experiencing all that déjà vu. If it weren't for the Internet and my iPad, I would have gone completely bonkers. So, I looked up San Jose in Wikipedia while waiting and read that San Jose had the highest homeless population of any city in California. This lead me to conclude that those were others who missed the train back and I might become one of them. The train ride back to San Francisco seemed like it took forever and I never believed I would actually make it back. When I finally did make it off the train, I felt this incredibly calm serenity. I felt like I was "home"!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I almost didn't! Lol. At the train station at San Jose, waiting on the 8am train back to San Francisco, there was a time when I was weaving in and out of consciousness, actually wondering if I was dead or alive, as I was actually having an out of body experience. I already told how I was experiencing all that déjà vu. If it weren't for the Internet and my iPad, I would have gone completely bonkers. So, I looked up San Jose in Wikipedia while waiting and read that San Jose had the highest homeless population of any city in California. This lead me to conclude that those were others who missed the train back and I might become one of them. The train ride back to San Francisco seemed like it took forever and I never believed I would actually make it back. When I finally did make it off the train, I felt this incredibly calm serenity. I felt like I was "home"!

This somewhat reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode, "A Stop at Willoughby" (classic Twilight Zone—actually it's was Rod Serling's favorite from the first season). However, unlike the character in the show, at least you made it to your destination safe and sound! :D

PeterAlt

This somewhat reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode, "A Stop at Willoughby" (classic Twilight Zone—actually it's was Rod Serling's favorite from the first season). However, unlike the character in the show, at least you made it to your destination safe and sound! :D
Omg! You do!? Wow! On the train, I posted in my live thread that it reminded me of that episode!

The train conductor's voice even sounded like the voice from that episode!

"Next stop Sunnyvale, Sunnyvale next stop!"

And how the sunlight would flood in each time the doors would open.

PeterAlt

Yeah, I was one of the "lucky" ones. I reflected back and thought of the homeless there and cried for them because they weren't so lucky.

PeterAlt

Giggle! :happy:

Oh my goodness. This is what I get for being lazy and playing on my phone instead of standing up and grabbing my laptop. Priceless.
When I was in college, I was an editor on the newspaper. For the semester I am reflecting on, I was News Editor. I made a front page headline for a story I wrote about new speed bumps on the college campus. The headline should have read "Students experience new obstacles" but it was mistyped as "Students experience new obstables". The Editor-In-Chief decided to remind the entire newspaper staff about making sure there's no typos in the final copy of future editions by making a t-shirt he required us to wear that had "Obstables" in big black letters with a big red circle around it and diagonal line through it! (As in "No More Obstables")

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Very cool! :)

I own four animator photostats, and one original Donald Duck animation drawing. I have two Donald Duck photostats, one Pluto, and one from Pinocchio from the late '30's, early '40's. The photostats were copies of original key animator drawings to be passed around to the various in-betweeners for reference. The Donald Duck drawing is from an' '82 cartoon, so nothing real special, but, they mean a lot to me...! :)

Just curious: how do you protect/preserve these great pieces from the late 30s/early 40s? I know there's a whole science involved with the preservation of artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom