Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes they are. I'd go look at a few conventions. I have some pretty nice Disney signed items from over the last 5 years. I have a friend who has very personal Disney Legend autographs on unique items. My DS has some unique football Autographs.

Are you looking to purchase them or do you know how to assign a value to them by asking those questions?
I do know a thing or two about the value of collectables.

PeterAlt

After reading the last 5 pages.. we can concur that we're getting OLD :hilarious:
Don't get me started!

Okay, I will share the thing that really bored me during my Cali trip when I went to that techno music event in San Jose. The real reason why I was seriously considering doing something radical with my hair.

Some girl who looked too young to even be allowed in asked me why I was there and if I was someone's father. Talk about buzz kill! After that, I became extremely anti-social and paranoid for the rest of the evening!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I do know a thing or two about the value of collectables.

Me too, have some nice stuff. Some more valuable than others. That is why I take my stuff to conventions or expos. Other collectors know what they are looking a and can pin a pretty good price on its value after studying the posters and known signatures. That is how we got prices on the 55-75 year old Baseball cards that we have signed from my FIL that were given to my DH. He too has some pretty old ones that he had signed at the ballpark when he was small.

You seem very interested in the Star Wars items, do you collect signed pieces of that memorabilia?

Gabe1

My Disney stuff that is signed are items that were never offered for sale and very limited production for events. My DS still hopes for the day when he might be able to have his MK security tag signed for the day Obama spoke on Main Street. The quirkier the more interest it seems to have at Expos.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Don't get me started!

Okay, I will share the thing that really bored me during my Cali trip when I went to that techno music event in San Jose. The real reason why I was seriously considering doing something radical with my hair.

Some girl who looked too young to even be allowed in asked me why I was there and if I was someone's father. Talk about buzz kill! After that, I became extremely anti-social and paranoid for the rest of the evening!

Heh, heh . . . a comment from just one concert-goer shouldn't get you down! You know, it's all relative; I remember when I was around 15, and I thought 30 was ancient! (Note: . . . but, not any more! :rolleyes: :happy: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'll hold on to them then for at least another generation until they really are worth something.

Well, that might be a good idea. But, from the little I know about collectibles, popularity and value of any item (or groupings of items) can also change when you least expect it. Might be a good idea to occasionally check prices for similar items, in case one (or all) of your family's collection becomes rare—and even more valuable.

PeterAlt

Heh, heh . . . a comment from just one concert-goer shouldn't get you down! You know, it's all relative; I remember when I was around 15, and I thought 30 was ancient! (Note: . . . but, not any more! :rolleyes: :happy: )
Yeah. It really did upset me since it was my generation who gave the world this music and that going there for the music didn't even cross her mind! As you know, I was already stressed out over all the obstacles that I had to overcome on my way to San Jose... My flight being 3 1/2 hours late, the stupid ticket machine at the train station that wouldn't accept my cards and money, the fear that I was actually on the verge of running out of money, the extreme cold and wind chill factor outside waiting on the train from San Francisco to San Jose while I was dressed for the high 90's of Southern California that I had just left, the unknown about what to do with my backpack I was carrying (fearing they wouldn't let me in with it), the fact that I had no time to check in any place and change and refresh, and all other unknowns that were unknown I feared.

Gabe1

put them on ebay, they probably will get at least 200 USD imho.

I would not put anything on Ebay unless I had a solid idea of what the item was valued at. That is why we had the baseball cards looked at by several collectors. Throwing them on Ebay ignorant of the value you're likely to loose its true value. There are conventions for Star Wars stuff all the time but there is a huge one coming up in the spring in California but I'd hit more local shows to get a ballpark idea, then if they do have a good value I'd take them to Cali to try and sell if the value warrants it.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Yeah. It really did upset me since it was my generation who gave the world this music and that going there for the music didn't even cross her mind! As you know, I was already stressed out over all the obstacles that I had to overcome on my way to San Jose... My flight being 3 1/2 hours late, the stupid ticket machine at the train station that wouldn't accept my cards and money, the fear that I was actually on the verge of running out of money, the extreme cold and wind chill factor outside waiting on the train from San Francisco to San Jose while I was dressed for the high 90's of Southern California that I had just left, the unknown about what to do with my backpack I was carrying (fearing they wouldn't let me in with it), the fact that I had no time to check in any place and change and refresh, and all other unknowns that were unknown I feared.

I'd let it go, there are ignorant people everywhere. You had fun on your adventure, that is all that counts no matter the obstetrical along the way, you made it there, did your thing and got home safe. Success.

There isn't a vacation I have taken that I have not had something I wished I had a do-over on. Actually many things in my life I might wish a do over on, we all have those things.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'd let it go, there are ignorant people everywhere. You had fun on your adventure, that is all that counts no matter the obstetrical along the way, you made it there, did your thing and got home safe. Success.

There isn't a vacation I have taken that I have not had something I wished I had a do-over on. Actually many things in my life I might wish a do over on, we all have those things.
I don't usually comment on obvious typos/auto-correct failures, but "obstetrical", rather than "obstacles", really tickled my funny bone.
Thanks for the unintentional laugh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom