Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In Chicago there was always WGN a major TV and New outlet that ran reruns morning, afternoon and evening between news and the Bozo Show.

Then, I can't remember what it was when I was a kid but it was on the other frequency. UHF? there was one channel, don't remember what the call letters were back when I was small but it eventually became FOX. WGN carried the Cubs and Blackhawk games and the old Fox station carried the White Sox. They also did some reruns.

So, that WGN station out of Chicago is one of the stations on my Direct TV lineup. I'll never understand how they chose it for my area viewing. I don't watch baseball or anything like that (WGN shows a lot of those shows, it seems), but sometimes they have reruns of some show I might like. What I really enjoy, however, is sometimes (if I'm home on a weekday) I get to watch their local midday news. It's fun seeing what's going on in Chicago--seems so far away from me! :)

FutureCEO

So, that WGN station out of Chicago is one of the stations on my Direct TV lineup. I'll never understand how they chose it for my area viewing. I don't watch baseball or anything like that (WGN shows a lot of those shows, it seems), but sometimes they have reruns of some show I might like. What I really enjoy, however, is sometimes (if I'm home on a weekday) I get to watch their local midday news. It's fun seeing what's going on in Chicago--seems so far away from me! :)

I get WGN America for Fios. Is that the same? Or different?

OSUgirl77

WGN is on all cable and satellite providers. It was actually one of the few channels we got when my family first got cable. That and TBS out of Atlanta. Never knew why they chose those regions to be represented nationwide, although the fact that Ted Turner owned TBS probably has something to do with that one.

donaldtoo

We young people today can't imagine the world with the internet nevermind cable. When I was young I remember my dad having a big video camcorder. I think when they first came out. He also had a car phone the size of I don't know, a toaster with 4 slots....LoL all I know that it was big.

I had a Ninja Turtle camera when I was a little tike

Yep, we (DWifey and myself) had one of those giant camcorders.
Not the car phone, though. :)

FutureCEO

You are named after a Western and your name can be found in the word "Gotham".
The puzzle gets more complicated.

Are you sure you are named after a Western and not a character in a Western?

Character and a title. And the mobster in Gotham. But I'm not blasting my name all over here

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
WGN is on all cable and satellite providers. It was actually one of the few channels we got when my family first got cable. That and TBS out of Atlanta. Never knew why they chose those regions to be represented nationwide, although the fact that Ted Turner owned TBS probably has something to do with that one.
They are the two original superstations.

donaldtoo

We used to get both TBS and WGN down here on cable.
Still get TBS, but, haven't seen WGN in our lineup in years.

donaldtoo

Well, I think we all know who got the Employee of the Week award?! ;)

Thanks, Hahaaa...!
I better not be, as I usually only cover about 2-3 closing shifts per mo. for him.
And, he just texted me about ten minutes ago to see if I could cover another closing shift on Tues. night at the same location. No problem, as long as I don't end up on some crazy deadline at my regular gig. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Old westerns, and there were always Kung Foo reruns on. I watched those with my dad all the time. Original Star Trek, too. Good times...
Love Star Trek, but as far as the Original Series goes, I prefer to watch the films (Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, etc.) than the actual series. Love Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine. Never got into Enterprise. Love the new films as well.

FutureCEO

OK, I know it's a little early, but, I'm watchin' football and I'm thirsty, so...
Time for a TSSFFBR...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

What? Sorry, too many letters. I hate acronyms especially when this site uses them all the time. I try not to use them.

I'm guessing your having beer but I could be wrong. If you're having beer, let it be good beer.

OSUgirl77

Love Star Trek, but as far as the Original Series goes, I prefer to watch the films (Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, etc.) than the actual series. Love Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine. Never got into Enterprise. Love the new films as well.
I love all things Star Trek, except for Voyager. I didn't really like that one. I was a little obsessed with TNG when it was on, I've seen all the episodes more times than I care to admit. :) I was worried about the new movies, just because I watched the original series so much as a kid, but the casting was really spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom