Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Love this post in another thread:
"In DL, you pass over DL park on the monorail, but in WDW, you pass over swamp and Epcot."

My response:
"Well, given the WDW was originally swamp and that the three hotels are located around Bay Lake, I would assume that when you ride the monorail you would pass, well, swamp."

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, on one of the news threads, they were talking about a "new" idea that seems to be popular now in Disney fandom - rebuilding IASW at EC. I joined late in the conversation to inform everyone that it was I who first posted this idea. The usual detractors were quick to call me out on it and said without a link my OP with the idea doesn't exist. So, I searched (not even 10 minutes) and found it... From 2004!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-a-small-world-rehab-facade-issue.32367/page-2#post-515924

I'm a little confused. I went up to Spirit's thread, a few minutes ago, and found your post above, but no detractors, no comments from others, etc. Are you saying that some other responses were deleted?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, it didn't go so well, but MIL didn't know. I was annoyed with DH, who left us all hanging at the resturant, more annoyed with the middle brother that could not let the DH have his Birthday without inserting himself and DD into the day. (I actually like Allie, she was just her fathers pawn.)

Ultimately we waited for my DH and MIL in the restaurant for over an hour, annoyed. My BIL relented and let my DH have his birthday celebration. But BIL brought his wife, son, Allie the DD and his MIL to the same restaurant we were at and sat sulking 3 tables away.

This family is very trying.

And . . . the above is why I do everything I can to avoid any contact with (most of) my rellies. Individual situations and details may vary, but the reality is that if there was no "family" connection, we would never hang out with some of these people!! I've heard your story, my story, and others over the years—they all turn out the same in the end. :banghead:

donaldtoo

Love this post in another thread:
"In DL, you pass over DL park on the monorail, but in WDW, you pass over swamp and Epcot."

My response:
"Well, given the WDW was originally swamp and that the three hotels are located around Bay Lake, I would assume that when you ride the monorail you would pass, well, swamp."

Except, don't you mean the three resorts with the monorail loop are actually located around Seven Seas Lagoon...? ;) :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So, on one of the news threads, they were talking about a "new" idea that seems to be popular now in Disney fandom - rebuilding IASW at EC. I joined late in the conversation to inform everyone that it was I who first posted this idea. The usual detractors were quick to call me out on it and said without a link my OP with the idea doesn't exist. So, I searched (not even 10 minutes) and found it... From 2004!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-a-small-world-rehab-facade-issue.32367/page-2#post-515924
It's an idea that will never happen so what difference does it make who thought of it first?

Disney's own archives are filled with ideas that will never happen.

Do you think for one minute that anybody cares who came up with those ideas?

Or if by any wild chance that one of those ideas is pulled down, dusted off, and actually built that the original imagineer will get ANY recognition for coming up with the idea?

This just sounds like a case of blowing one's own horn for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

It's an idea that will never happen so what difference does it make who thought of it first?

Disney's own archives are filled with ideas that will never happen.

Do you think for one minute that anybody cares who came up with those ideas?

Or if by any wild chance that one of those ideas is pulled down, dusted off, and actually built that the original imagineer will get ANY recognition for coming up with the idea?

This just sounds like a case of blowing one's own horn for no reason whatsoever.
It doesn't really matter. I just get tired of people making me look like I'm some sort of delusional freak. It felt good to put them in their place for once!

donaldtoo

16753a27fdc038660007ca325ad82a98.jpg

PeterAlt

I'm a little confused. I went up to Spirit's thread, a few minutes ago, and found your post above, but no detractors, no comments from others, etc. Are you saying that some other responses were deleted?
It was the Peter Pan queue thread.

One person posted what I said and all the detractors clicked like to that like a hornet's nest.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I just saw the commercial for David Tennant's new Americanized show. I loved the British version with him but I don't think I will like this one but Tennant's in it so I will give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom