Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Possibly, but, I watched, personally, the testing for an entire weekend and it was closer to 60% vs 40% during that time. Still, if it was a die hard Coke fan and 52% of them couldn't tell the difference, what does that say? I think that even that rate, if anything is played down, but, still a victory for Pepsi. Also those results were the reason for the introduction of "New Coke" but this time the folks knew that they had changed it and like magic, no one liked it. Who could have guessed that would happen. Coke thought that the people had spoken when they chose Pepsi over Coke in the taste test, but it was really just brand loyalty more then taste that keeps people buying it. Also read up on the Cola Wars and see all the nasty things that Coke did to Mom and Pop stores if they decided to stock Pepsi as well. It isn't pretty.

I grew up on Coke (the liquid), but, when given the opportunity to chose, it was always Pepsi for me. For one thing the bottles with the red, white and blue strips with the spiral glass design was super cool. In high school, I cannot tell you how often my lunch consisted of a bottle of Pepsi and an Ice Cream Sandwich. In spite of that I still have all my original teeth and no cavities after all these years.

Victory? It was a gimmick. To investors Coke was the Victor in the end with sales which meant something to the Coke stockholders not the Pepsi Stockholders. A successful gimmick that does not end with it at least moving up to number one in soda sales or number two at least doesn't do a dang thing for the investors. Sales demonstrate that soda drinkers prefer Diet Coke artificial taste over Pepsi, that is not a victory. Victory for the Advertising Agency, yes, they were rewarded handsomely.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
10696188_861713367202788_2356148396955108962_n.jpg

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
So I have this storage bin with a fuzzy lid that I got at Five Below and put in front of a window in my bedroom so the cat can watch the birds in the morning and not bother me quite so early. Well, this evening she was looking at something, and then she kept coming over and meowing at me. The other night when she was doing that, there was a barn cat on the back deck, and since I really didn't want it spraying around the grill, I chased it away. So I was thinking it was the same thing and went to investigate. Turned out it was three deer in the backyard and apparently, she did not want them there. But then this morning, she complained that there was nothing to look at outside. Weird animal

Gabe1

I am a genius - actually I tecnically am, but I digress.

As some of you know, I am a Christian and often pray about my troubles. (Y'all know what those troubles are.)
After praying for/about Son #2, I had a revelation.

SIL/BFF is the rental co-ordinator for a very large rental management company. She is in charge of approving or rejecting hundreds of rental applications every year.

Her company has a building not too far from here, conveniently located within 200m of a grocery store, a Wendy's, a Tim Horton's and a Mac's Convenience Store.

SIL says she would approve Son #2 and a room-mate or 2, provided all tenants were employed. A 2-bedroom unit rents for approx. $900, including all utilities.

I started "planting the seeds" about 10 days ago. Well, those seeds have germinated, and Son #2 and adopted son have decided this might be a great idea. (They reject the idea of a third room-mate though.)
They are both clearing more than $2K a month, with a substantial raise coming after each has completed his 3-month probation.

I have offered to continue picking them up and driving them to work every morning. That's the only way this plan works. Once I return to work, they will have to arrange their own way home 3 days/week.

If this pans out, I know what he'll be getting for Christmas: a set of dishes, some cutlery, a hamper full of starter staples (salt, sugar, ketchup, cereal, dish soap, Tide Pods, and a couple of rolls of quarters!)

I'm also thinking of buying a new kitchen table, so they can have my old one. My goal is to make this as easy and attractive as possible.
In case you haven't figured it out - I tend to throw money at things to make my problems go away.

My only stipulation is that I will NOT co-sign the lease. SIL says that won't be necessary anyway.

Am I brilliant, or what?!

Brilliant! A win for you, a win for DH who wants him out and importantly a win for #1 son as he won't have #2 to fight with!

How soon do they move? Tomorrow?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Brilliant! A win for you, a win for DH who wants him out and importantly a win for #1 son as he won't have #2 to fight with!

How soon do they move? Tomorrow?
New Year.
SIL is waiting for 2-month rent termination notices to start rolling in.

(And then, of course, we have to ensure that the boys are not placed too close to folks who might be bothered by terrible music, and even worse, the smell of pot.)

Gabe1

I think its been 4 days.. I'm finally ripping the last dvd (4 total)
It takes approximately 14 hours per each dvd to burn at a rate of 0.20Mb/s.
The dvds are severely damaged internally.
The interested part is, only 50% to 80% of the DVD area (last outer areas) are damaged, the first 5% too.
the 5% to 49% surfae areas copy at almost 30Mb/s.

And don't forget to do what all good consumers do...put a review of that vendor out there. I look at reviews now of most everything I buy from Amazon or at least the garbage, most though I am happy with.

Gabe1

My DD just returned two complete sets (6) of waterproof walkie talkies to Amazon that were not waterproof. The vendor charged her a 33% restocking fee. She called Amazon and they were equally ticked, they refunded the 33% to her directly. They really do not need bad PR.

Gabe1

P.S. - He insists he's taking the cats. If so, I will continue to pay for their food.
Max requires a special diet, which Penny ends up eating as well. The cost is more than $100/month.

I need more details on this one.....why?

I'm without info inclined to say, show me you can take care of yourself for a few months and then the cats can move too. I don't have kitties but I like to know they are cared for, litter boxes cleaned etc. Does he tend to them now?

Gabe1

We did this to our coworkers desk today. He has been in Germany for 2 weeks and is coming back next week. Too bad I will not be there to see his face. I asked others to film if possible.

View attachment 67018

Yep, liking your office.

Years ago my boss was talking to our best client in Germany. It was an intense conversation. During the duration of the conversation I drew a smiley face on top of his bald spot and closed his office door, tied a string to the handle and tied it to our secretaries desk/leg. Oh the days of phones with cords.

I have pictures too. Wonder where they are. Good times.

Gabe1

So I have this storage bin with a fuzzy lid that I got at Five Below and put in front of a window in my bedroom so the cat can watch the birds in the morning and not bother me quite so early. Well, this evening she was looking at something, and then she kept coming over and meowing at me. The other night when she was doing that, there was a barn cat on the back deck, and since I really didn't want it spraying around the grill, I chased it away. So I was thinking it was the same thing and went to investigate. Turned out it was three deer in the backyard and apparently, she did not want them there. But then this morning, she complained that there was nothing to look at outside. Weird animal

Simple. It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom