Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm confused?? o_O

Yeah, you were in on this conversation a while back, before your cruise. About the people his Dad worked with.
Someone famous passed away and that is how we got into that conversation. Maybe a Casey Kasem offshoot conversation?

Gabe1

In other news, I'm very ed.

Few years ago, I had purchased retail dvds of some obscure cartoon. They were official pressed dvds from amazon.com

Now I found that my dvds drives on my pc just cant read them!
they struggle a lot to even open the file browser to read the thing.
I then noticed the silverish DVD substance-layer as weird defects too.
one has fingerprints INSIDE the metal layer and not in the plastic layer that can be cleaned. Others have similar damage (inside the reflective metal layer).

So pretty sure they were shoddily made.
I'm trying to backup them before I lost them forever (there is a bacteria that eats the silver substance)
But right now, its been 15 hours and only at 85% in the ripping process..
slooooooooooooow

Yep, my DD has been burned by a few DVDs purchased that way. Amazon stood behind them.

Cesar R M

I thought about watching that show, but honestly, I have limited time since I'm in college, and I've already got Hawaii Five-0, NCIS: LA and Once Upon a Time, plus Last Man Standing and of course BBT. I used to watch NCIS, but then once Ziva left I stopped watching. She was probably my favorite character on any TV show ever, and the show just wasn't the same without her.
I still see NCIS from time to time...
The "replacement" of Ziva is incredible fake looking plus terrible acting.

Gabe1

I thought about watching that show, but honestly, I have limited time since I'm in college, and I've already got Hawaii Five-0, NCIS: LA and Once Upon a Time, plus Last Man Standing and of course BBT. I used to watch NCIS, but then once Ziva left I stopped watching. She was probably my favorite character on any TV show ever, and the show just wasn't the same without her.

I love Ziva, she had spunk. I never heard the 'whys' she went off the show. I miss NCIS often because it is on rather early for me to catch. I can only record so much. And if I do catching up.

Cesar R M

Yep, my DD has been burned by a few DVDs purchased that way. Amazon stood behind them.
I think its been 4 days.. I'm finally ripping the last dvd (4 total)
It takes approximately 14 hours per each dvd to burn at a rate of 0.20Mb/s.
The dvds are severely damaged internally.
The interested part is, only 50% to 80% of the DVD area (last outer areas) are damaged, the first 5% too.
the 5% to 49% surfae areas copy at almost 30Mb/s.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I am a genius - actually I tecnically am, but I digress.

As some of you know, I am a Christian and often pray about my troubles. (Y'all know what those troubles are.)
After praying for/about Son #2, I had a revelation.

SIL/BFF is the rental co-ordinator for a very large rental management company. She is in charge of approving or rejecting hundreds of rental applications every year.

Her company has a building not too far from here, conveniently located within 200m of a grocery store, a Wendy's, a Tim Horton's and a Mac's Convenience Store.

SIL says she would approve Son #2 and a room-mate or 2, provided all tenants were employed. A 2-bedroom unit rents for approx. $900, including all utilities.

I started "planting the seeds" about 10 days ago. Well, those seeds have germinated, and Son #2 and adopted son have decided this might be a great idea. (They reject the idea of a third room-mate though.)
They are both clearing more than $2K a month, with a substantial raise coming after each has completed his 3-month probation.

I have offered to continue picking them up and driving them to work every morning. That's the only way this plan works. Once I return to work, they will have to arrange their own way home 3 days/week.

If this pans out, I know what he'll be getting for Christmas: a set of dishes, some cutlery, a hamper full of starter staples (salt, sugar, ketchup, cereal, dish soap, Tide Pods, and a couple of rolls of quarters!)

I'm also thinking of buying a new kitchen table, so they can have my old one. My goal is to make this as easy and attractive as possible.
In case you haven't figured it out - I tend to throw money at things to make my problems go away.

My only stipulation is that I will NOT co-sign the lease. SIL says that won't be necessary anyway.

Am I brilliant, or what?!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

As some of you know, I am a Christian and often pray about my troubles. (Y'all know what those troubles are.)

SIL/BFF is the rental co-ordinator for a very large rental management company. She is in charge of approving or rejecting hundreds of rental applications every year.

Her company has a building not too far from here, conveniently located within 200m of a grocery store, a Wendy's, a Tim Horton's and a Mac's Convenience Store.

SIL says she would approve Son #2 and a room-mate or 2, provided all tenants were employed. A 2-bedroom unit rents for approx. $900, including all utilities.

I started "planting the seeds" about 10 days ago. Well, those seeds have germinated, and Son #2 and adopted son have decided this might be a great idea. (They reject the idea of a third room-mate though.)
They are both clearing more than $2K a month, with a substantial raise coming after each has completed his 3-month probation.

I have offered to continue picking them up and driving them to work every morning. That's the only way this plan works. Once I return to work, they will have to arrange their own way home 3 days/week.

If this pans out, I know what he'll be getting for Christmas: a set of dishes, some cutlery, a hamper full of starter staples (salt, sugar, ketchup, cereal, dish soap, Tide Pods, and a couple of rolls of quarters!)

I'm also thinking of buying a new kitchen table, so they can have my old one. My goal is to make this as easy and attractive as possible.
In case you haven't figured it out - I tend to throw money at things to make my problems go away.

My only stipulation is that I will NOT co-sign the lease. SIL says that won't be necessary anyway.

How do people do it??....oh yeah...THIS!!!^^^

Gabe1

question is.. how much of the route 66 is still standing?

I'm not certain. I drove the Illinois portion last over the last month it is pretty much a divided 4 lane highway, there is some stuff off the road but not the way I vaguely remember as a child.

Some of the good stuff supposedly remains along the thousands of miles. http://www.historic66.com/

MOXOMUMD

That's awesome. :)

donaldtoo

Guilty as charged: no shame! :D

Do you really still have a "working" rotary dial phone? If so, that's way cool !!

Have a funny tidbit about rotary dial. Years ago, my MIL kept her rotary dial service and same phone that she had used for over 40 years. Finally, Mountain Bell (at that time was the phone service in the Colorado mountains) told her she had to switch to touch tone service, and get rid of her rotary dial phone & service. She was the last customer that had held on to rotary dial, and the company said it was costing them too much to keep just one customer on this service anymore! :hilarious:

Hahaaa...!

Nah, I was just teasin'. We don't even have a land line anymore. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I love Ziva, she had spunk. I never heard the 'whys' she went off the show. I miss NCIS often because it is on rather early for me to catch. I can only record so much. And if I do catching up.
It's pretty simple: I don't have a lot of time to watch TV. I have to go out of my way to watch most shows, minus Last Man Standing and Hawaii Five-0, which I watch with my parents on Friday nights (after baseball season is over). Therefore, I have to really enjoy and want to watch a specific show. NCIS used to be that way, but with Ziva out, I've stopped caring. Tony would be the only character that I still really care about, but he's still not enough to keep me watching. I still enjoy NCIS: LA, especially with Kensi/Deeks, but I just like the characters overall better in that one as well. Once Upon a Time is my favorite show currently on TV right now, along with BBT of course.

Cesar R M

Saw this bit of a practical joke in the parking lot of the building next to ours on my way home this afternoon... :)

View attachment 67017
GCmEEpv.jpg

amateurs ;)

Gabe1

actually, that was kinda debunked because the campaign was exaggerated. The real percentages were like 52% vs 48% (aka 52% who were wrong vs 48% who were right when finding coke)

But marketing counts on consumers only remembering the commercials not the fall out afterwards or lending thought to the approach to garner the results marketing desires. That particular marketing campaign, not exactly a controlled study was a massive campaign, as simplistic as my DDs 4th grade science project. Pepsi knew the taste buds responds differently to very sweet differently to a slight sip verses a larger beverage portion. Marketing set up specific conditions to garner the results they knew from scientific facts about how the taste buds function and react, kinda brilliant because consumers tend to be gullible. So yes the marketing statistics say one thing however when the day is over the marketing campaign didn't change much, Coke is the #1 selling soda followed by Diet Coke and then Pepsi. So successful marketing debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom