Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

Did you mean pneumonia? Phenomena is not a disease. ;)

Unlike alcohol, I have a high tolerance for drugs. Probably because I've had to take so many and had to take a lot from a young age. My asthma was not originally classic asthma, but was cough variant asthma which presents as a dry cough with no wheezing. My allergist said it was good that my pediatrician even caught it because most of them miss it. Along with asthma drugs, my allergist treated me with cough medicine, including with codeine, so that I would be able to sleep. On top of that, I had bronchitis twice in fourth grade and pneumonia once. Then I had bronchitic again in fifth grade. So I spent a lot of time on cough medicine. Now, my strongest migraine medication has codeine in it. I just end up sleeping twelve straight hours after taking it, which if a migraine gets bad enough that I need to take the stuff, then I probably need to sleep that much. Some asthma medications make me jittery now, but nothing affects me a whole lot.

I seem to have a high tolerance for both, actually.
Always had to have about 3 shots of Novocain at the dentist, when ours still used that.
Had a procedure a few years ago were I was told I probably wouldn't remember a thing, but, I might have some vague, "blurry" memory of it. When I didn't go out, the Doc gave the nurse a look. Her reply... "He got the whole dose." Then, he looked at me and said... "Well, since you're wide awake, I might as well walk ya' through what I'm doin' here." Interesting stuff on the monitor.
So, I always worried that if I ever had to be put out for an operation, I might be one a' those folks that woke up in the middle of the procedure. :eek:
Then, in June of '13, I had to be put out for an operation for the first time in my life. I mentioned my concerns to the anesthesiologist and he said... "Don't worry. You'll be out."
Next thing I know, I was wakin' up in recovery. No pain, no nausea, felt great. Until all the other stuff wore off, anyway. :in pain: ;) :)

donaldtoo

Ha! I guess I can't blame you for your assumption. :p TV is one place that I cave in to higher technology; do you know that I even have a flat-screen TV, too??!! :jawdrop: :joyfull:

Oh, I almost forgot: I even have a remote control for the TV! Take that, buster!! :D (All i have to do now is figure out how to work this thingie . . .) :hilarious: :hilarious:

A flat screen AND a remote thingy?!?!?! Good Lord, Minnie!!! Have you NO shame...!!!!! :eek: :jawdrop: :joyfull:

Truth be known, our land line is actually a plain black desktop rotary jobber, just to keep some balance. :D ;) :)

donaldtoo

I wonder if we will have "print a pet" in the future :>

french_bulldog_patchwork_pet_print-rd6c799f83abd430ab4e8036d58cf7824_aza6v_8byvr_512.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, Hubby is doing a handful of odd jobs around the house - 15 months worth of accumulated neglect.
Anyways, you should hear him. Cursing like a sailor, groaning in frustration, and generally acting the fool.

Time for me to sit him down and explain that there is only room for one Crazy in this relationship ... and that position was claimed 29 years ago!!

Oh can't wait to see how that goes. :jawdrop:

You already have enough testosterone acting stupid there, no need for him to add more. Are the pets at least female? :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't know...sometime my lower back just flares up. I hurt it when I was 19 (in Canada) doing something stupid and it has never been the same since. So every once in a while it goes crazy. I should probably get it looked at considering it has been over a decade.

I'm certainly not a doctor, but sometimes a cortizone shot (in your back) from the doctor can give you relief for a few months at a time. I've heard of similar types of injuries where this has helped, but again, see what your own doctor suggests for you. I just hope you feel better soon. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mmm, pancakes. They sound so good right now but I got on the scales and I've lost 18 lbs. and I don't want to blow it. No pancakes for me. :(

Good for you—18 pounds is substantial weight loss! (That's almost 2 dress sizes.) I should lose 18 pounds; but what I had yesterday (when I took a day off from work), was blueberry pancakes and maple syrup for lunch. I guess that's not exactly diet food though . . . :rolleyes: I need to come up with a lower-calorie pancake recipe. Hmm . . . I've got it! I'll eliminate the blueberries ! :p :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
:oops: Are you familiar with Fort George from the War of 1812 near Niagara on the Lake? Well, drinking was involved, we jumped the fenced of the fort in the middle of the night to get in because it is supposedly haunted and wanted to explore. Well, it is a fort so it has a high fence, and I landed awkwardly on a slope and felt a shooting pain go up my back. Never been the same. Young and stupid. :(:banghead::facepalm:

First of all, none of us wanted you to get injured. But, I have to say that I laughed out loud at your shenanigans! I mean, the things that "some" people do! :joyfull:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom