Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You got something against Pepsi, young lady?!?!?!? If at anytime I feel the urge to drink sewer water I always get a Coke.

Back in the day, I used to attend, as a vender, many grocery conventions. That was during the era of the concealed Pepsi vs. Coke extravaganza. If you're not familiar, they would pour out two small cups. One would contain Pepsi and the other would contain Coke. Almost every single one of the proclaimed Coke only drinkers took the challenge and lost. Not only could they not tell which one was Coke, but, when asked which they preferred, they choose Pepsi.

Surprisingly, just about none of the tricked Coke lovers switched over to Pepsi even after they said that they liked the taste better. Apparently there is some thing in the formula for Coke that causes people to be mule headed to the point of silliness.

My DD did the blind challenge as a science experiment for a science fair project. She had them pick between three sodas, Coke, Pepsi and RC and Challenged the Staff and Students.

Results of DDs Soda Blind test favorites were RC winning, then Coke and last Pepsi. When you don't have a dog in the fight sometimes the results change dramatically.

My son did a similar Challenge with Coffee years before with staff at 3 different schools. Starbucks, Folgers and Generic. Generic won and Starbucks lost.

Gabe1

No flights in or out O'Hare or Midway because of control tower fire. What a mess!

Edit: See ya beat me to it @Gabe1 . :)

Yeah, it wasn't a fire in the tower though, thankfully. Something is up here and it ain't good. The fire started in the basement and the firefighters found a dude down there. He had self inflected wounds (not gun) and has been transported.

Flights are cancelled at least until Noon. Not just in and out of Chicago airports but any flights that use the Aurora air traffic control tower (Aurora) going through the air space here, so it is stopping flights from departing all over the country. They say it is getting ugly.

One of our major news station reporters is at Ohare, she was trying to get out on a flight so they have a reporter out where nobody can generally reach for stories like this. Facetime is a unique stop gap when you don't have a crew.

Edit: Another reporter leaving Orlando (vacation) checking in. His airline cancelled flights and are not rebooking anyone until tomorrow. To bad they didn't text that. Be nice to not have left WDW at all if that was to be the case.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I don't know...sometime my lower back just flares up. I hurt it when I was 19 (in Canada) doing something stupid and it has never been the same since. So every once in a while it goes crazy. I should probably get it looked at considering it has been over a decade.

Poor You! I feel your pain. I hurt my about 9 years ago getting up off the couch, just standing up, it was so odd.
I could not lay flat for a year and a half. Back doc's scare me to death. Eventually, on its own it became normal again but I am very, very careful not to do anything stupid.

MOXOMUMD

Just saw more of this. My Uncle is an air traffic controller and texted with, "it's not good." Not sure what that actually means...

Several people I know trying to fly into ORD and flights are cancelled the day. Midway appears to be rebooking for the afternoon.
And the fire was intentionally set. :bored:

Cesar R M

I have zero tolerance for drugs. I was given codeine when I had phenomena. I knew I'd be OK eventually with the illness but thought the codeine was going to kill me, heart pounding.
I got the same issue as you. I always have to get half what the usual prescription is.
My body reacts very strongly to medication.

983818_861178573922934_748785678552962913_n.jpg

at least its not sleeping in your keyboard ;)

I wonder if we will have "print a pet" in the future :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom