Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My DD has very little tolerance, I did not have tolerance at a young age either even though I was served wine from the time I was small at all large family gatherings. It was put in a cordial glass. Often it comes over time I can drink a couple glasses of wine now but one of the specialty drinks with hard liquor in the WS and I know I should not have 2 or at least not back to back.
I used to laugh at my mom for not being able to hold her liquor at all. Then I stopped laughing one day once I realized I was just as bad.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It sounds more like you have an allergy to something in it. With me, my cheeks flush for the first half hour after I start drinking, but then it goes away and I can continue drinking. With you, it sounds more like me if I accidentally eat peanuts.

All of my relatives were here before 1900. All of my great grandparents were born here. Heck all of my grandparents were born in MD. My dad was born in Kansas but grew up mostly in MD.

I have autocorrect turned off completely on my iPod. Annoying thing.

Speaking of peanuts I heard about a research project this week that seems to have nailed down why we as Americans have so many more peanut allergies than any other nation. Seeming to stem from how we process them differently, the extreme high heat for cooking.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I have zero tolerance for drugs. I was given codeine when I had phenomena. I knew I'd be OK eventually with the illness but thought the codeine was going to kill me, heart pounding.
Did you mean pneumonia? Phenomena is not a disease. ;)

Unlike alcohol, I have a high tolerance for drugs. Probably because I've had to take so many and had to take a lot from a young age. My asthma was not originally classic asthma, but was cough variant asthma which presents as a dry cough with no wheezing. My allergist said it was good that my pediatrician even caught it because most of them miss it. Along with asthma drugs, my allergist treated me with cough medicine, including with codeine, so that I would be able to sleep. On top of that, I had bronchitis twice in fourth grade and pneumonia once. Then I had bronchitic again in fifth grade. So I spent a lot of time on cough medicine. Now, my strongest migraine medication has codeine in it. I just end up sleeping twelve straight hours after taking it, which if a migraine gets bad enough that I need to take the stuff, then I probably need to sleep that much. Some asthma medications make me jittery now, but nothing affects me a whole lot.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
983818_861178573922934_748785678552962913_n.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Satellite?!?!?! Cable?!?!?! o_O
By your previous post, I'd a thought you still had analog TV with only 3 networks, PBS, and 1 cheesy, local station. :D ;) :)

Ha! I guess I can't blame you for your assumption. :p TV is one place that I cave in to higher technology; do you know that I even have a flat-screen TV, too??!! :jawdrop: :joyfull:

Oh, I almost forgot: I even have a remote control for the TV! Take that, buster!! :D (All i have to do now is figure out how to work this thingie . . .) :hilarious: :hilarious:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I probably wrote these while I was sleeping (or drinking but I don't drink often). I'm finding more and more of these. I know I don't have memory problems... Is it possible for people to sleep typing, like sleep walking but typing instead of walking.

EDIT - I'm just concerned of the content of what I might be saying would be things I would regret saying, or reframe from saying consciously.

I don't think you sleep-type. I think it's just your "natural" state! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm thinking about renewing my interest in monorails and starting a new thread called "The Epic Monorail Thread Because Monorails are Cool and Buses Not So Cool". What do you think? I'm having monorail discussion withdrawals and I'm sure there are people who miss me ranting about them (including my enemies)....

I've always enjoyed the monorail discussions from you and others. Learned quite a bit from them.

As much as you are well intentioned in your efforts to share more on the subject with all readers, somehow those threads tend to get derailed (no pun intended there) by a few others, rather quickly. An idea may be to occasionally share something monorail-related to appropriate places, in other ongoing discussions—versus a separate thread by itself, up in the major forums, such as N&R or General. The Chit Chat forum is also a possibility for a thread, as many members tend to mellow out a bit more, down in this more casual section.

PeterAlt

I've always enjoyed the monorail discussions from you and others. Learned quite a bit from them.

As much as you are well intentioned in your efforts to share more on the subject with all readers, somehow those threads tend to get derailed (no pun intended there) by a few others, rather quickly. An idea may be to occasionally share something monorail-related to appropriate places, in other ongoing discussions—versus a separate thread by itself, up in the major forums, such as N&R or General. The Chit Chat forum is also a possibility for a thread, as many members tend to mellow out a bit more, down in this more casual section.
Yeah, I tried that in the past only to have those posts deleted by the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom