Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's not a bad thing, really. I inherited the low tolerance for alcohol from my Native American ancestors. My mom is the same way. So, the fewer alcoholic drinks I like, the better, especially since I'll be able to drink without parental consent in less than two years. And also why I stick with wine pretty much. If it doesn't taste like alcohol, I tend to drink it too fast, and that leads to a slight buzz.
I'm such a light-weight, I get a buzz from cough medicine.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Woof.
Sounds complicated. ;) :)
Discovered in psychology last semester that Native Americans tend to flush while drinking alcohol while whites with no Native American blood do not. I flush when I drink alcohol. Seems I inherited their lack of tolerance for alcohol. Why I had to get that but couldn't get the height like all of my cousins is beyond me.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Discovered in psychology last semester that Native Americans tend to flush while drinking alcohol while whites with no Native American blood do not. I flush when I drink alcohol. Seems I inherited their lack of tolerance for alcohol. Why I had to get that but couldn't get the height like all of my cousins is beyond me.
Despite living right next door to the Six Nations Indian Reserve, I have not a drop of NA blood in me. None of my grandparents were born on this continent; nor was my dad. My mom was born here (same hospital as me, hubby, and both kids, in fact), but only because her family was visiting. She was raised in England until she was 7 or so.

Anyway, my point is, my entire face, neck and chest flushes completely from a single sip.
I wonder if, in fact, I might have an alcohol allergy. It's been 10+ years since I've had even a sip, let alone a full drink.

ETA - iOS8 had better quit auto correcting AFTER the fact. It's starting to tick me off.

MOXOMUMD

Not all Native Americans lack a tolerance for alcohol. My ex is half Blackfoot, his father pure Blackfoot, and they enjoyed their drink A LOT.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Despite living right next door to the Six Nations Indian Reserve, I have not a drop of NA blood in me. None of my grandparents were born on this continent; nor was my dad. My mom was born here (same hospital as me, hubby, and both kids, in fact), but only because her family was visiting. She was raised in England until she was 7 or so.

Anyway, my point is, my entire face, neck and chest flushes completely from a single sip.
I wonder if, in fact, I might have an alcohol allergy. It's been 10+ years since I've had even a sip, let alone a full drink.

ETA - iOS8 had better quit auto correcting AFTER the fact. It's starting to tick me off.
It sounds more like you have an allergy to something in it. With me, my cheeks flush for the first half hour after I start drinking, but then it goes away and I can continue drinking. With you, it sounds more like me if I accidentally eat peanuts.

All of my relatives were here before 1900. All of my great grandparents were born here. Heck all of my grandparents were born in MD. My dad was born in Kansas but grew up mostly in MD.

I have autocorrect turned off completely on my iPod. Annoying thing.

Gabe1

It's not a bad thing, really. I inherited the low tolerance for alcohol from my Native American ancestors. My mom is the same way. So, the fewer alcoholic drinks I like, the better, especially since I'll be able to drink without parental consent in less than two years. And also why I stick with wine pretty much. If it doesn't taste like alcohol, I tend to drink it too fast, and that leads to a slight buzz.

My DD has very little tolerance, I did not have tolerance at a young age either even though I was served wine from the time I was small at all large family gatherings. It was put in a cordial glass. Often it comes over time I can drink a couple glasses of wine now but one of the specialty drinks with hard liquor in the WS and I know I should not have 2 or at least not back to back.

Gabe1

It sounds more like you have an allergy to something in it. With me, my cheeks flush for the first half hour after I start drinking, but then it goes away and I can continue drinking. With you, it sounds more like me if I accidentally eat peanuts.

All of my relatives were here before 1900. All of my great grandparents were born here. Heck all of my grandparents were born in MD. My dad was born in Kansas but grew up mostly in MD.

I have autocorrect turned off completely on my iPod. Annoying thing.

I've seen this a few times from you...what does your version of ETA stand for?

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Not all Native Americans lack a tolerance for alcohol. My ex is half Blackfoot, his father pure Blackfoot, and they enjoyed their drink A LOT.
Oh, yup, everyone on my mom's side (all those who have the Native American blood) love drinking. Problem is that none of them can drink very much. Some tribes have a greater tolerance for it than others. I'm Choctaw. Apparently, if my family is evidence enough, we are not in that category. Very cool, though. That'll be good for your daughter. 1/4 Native American opens up a lot of scholarship opportunities for her. I'm not Native American enough to be in line for those scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom