Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
ByVfXwiIgAAvLU7.jpg

Well . . . maybe, not so much . . . I'm a nostalgia buff and all, but I'm kinda glad this costume hit the skids.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Best way into a job? Know someone who can bump your resume to the top of the pile, or simply get you in without question.

Exactly. :) That's why career counselors drum into your head, that networking with absolutely everyone you know is a critical step.

Have an interesting story about that: years ago, I knew a woman who was also looking for a job for quite some time. She also knew how important it was to network with everyone, yet, she figured she'd only only share her situation with people who were more active in the work world. So, she never mentioned to her 80-year-old grandfather that she was desperately trying to get a job. Long story short: she found out in a random conversation with her cousin (who was close to the grandfather) that grampa went to college with the former CEO of a large corporation, that she wanted to work for! Cousin and the woman contacted grampa, grampa got on the phone to his old college buddy, and she got an interview the following week—not with Human Resources—but the actual senior executive who was doing the hiring.

So there you have it. Leave no stone unturned in your search!! :cat:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Mayor of Chicago security detail caught speeding. Again.

The Mayor that has launched speed cam cameras zones all over Chicago for the safety of children. :cautious:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Yesterday Disney tweeted:

Which Walt Disney World Resort theme park do you wish you were visiting this afternoon? Followed up with this photo:
ByT3I7dCMAQBOw7.jpg:large

Subliminally trying to sway Guests to Animal Kingdom?

Me, in my head I'm at the Magic Kingdom. Normally my Daydreams are in the World Showcase but too many drunks this week.

FutureCEO

so the iphone 6 or whatever number we are on. Granted my contract is up soon, now I think, and I wont be getting a new phone. But why do they keep making phones bigger, big enough where they do not fit in your pocket? I just want a pocket size where other things go in my pocket....lol. The iphone 4 o 5 whatever I have is perfectly sized to me.

FutureCEO

So I was on the train to Boston yesterday and it got me thinking, scary I Know.

Amtrak Acela trains: "high speed trains" that can go up to 150mph, fastest in the states. It says the average speed is 70 mph. That's not a high speed train. One that goes 300 is high speed but we can't do that here...that would be a logistical nightmare. We would have to straighten out the tracks instead of being all curvy. I'm not going into the whole Amtrak loses money so we pay for it issues though Boston between DC Amtrak is packed all the time.

Mind the Gap vs our long winded spiel. Isn't Mind the Gap so much easier? The one yesterday was 'for you safety, please pay attention to the gap between the platform and the train' and I think there was something little extra too.

Gabe1

so the iphone 6 or whatever number we are on. Granted my contract is up soon, now I think, and I wont be getting a new phone. But why do they keep making phones bigger, big enough where they do not fit in your pocket? I just want a pocket size where other things go in my pocket....lol. The iphone 4 o 5 whatever I have is perfectly sized to me.

'Cause you are not the target demographic they are marketing to, your age demographic is already covered. It is me they are now directing marketing to. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom